Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700 DFC Problem with Rear Drive Gear Set H70G005XX

I order two H70G005XX from AlignTrexStore.com

https://www.aligntrexstore.com/Torqu...XX_p_2242.html

and with the two black umbrella i have this problem,

Is Normal ?

Anyone noticed?

The original white umbrella (fit tight):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rylq3hILss[/ame]

The new black umbrella (fit with play, don't fit tight ):

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGYzT0SeZP4[/ame]

Advertisement

Old 12-21-2012, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've not had any of my white umbrella gears be as tight as your video, but I can't say for sure as loose as the black one.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback, Can you check your tail rotor , i need to know if looks like this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq8t027z5Ow[/ame]
Old 12-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also just mounted the new black gears at the rear. The X slot in the gear that rides on the back end of the torque tube is larger than in the white gear... which is where the extra play is coming from. I also had to carefully "sand' the outer shaft of that gear to enable it to fit into the rear bearings. And I think all that really sucks, so I am returning the 2 black gear sets I bought... they are just not being made correctly. Align missed on this one.

I was waiting a few days for more folks to post their problems about this but haven't heard anything. I am not going to fly with the black rear gears, gonna change back to the white. I realy don't like to complain much, I usually tweak it to perfection... but this whole tail is now just too complicated... too many screws to tighten just right. A simpler foolproof design is needed.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would seem that the material used for the new gears expands more than the white after being released from the mold. That causes the bearing to be super tight (too tight to fit) and the torque tube to be somewhat slack.

I've just built my 700 HV kit, after waiting for the black front and rear gear sets, and yes, there was quite a bit of gentle sanding required for the bearings to go on, and there is some slack compared to the white gears on the torque tube, but compared to the examples shown above, mine seem to have much less slack in them.

Overall i'm happy with the result once i've got them on, I just wish they didn't need so much sanding to sort the outside diameter.

I'm sure the later batches will be improved, it's unlikely the feedback on these forums has escaped Aligns attention.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've installed these gears on 3 of my machines and yes it was a tight fit but i did not have to sand the umbrella gears at all.
Richie Sabin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman09201 View Post
I've installed these gears on 3 of my machines and yes it was a tight fit but i did not have to sand the umbrella gears at all.
How fit the black umbrella in the X slot of the torque tube ? loose or tight?

Thanks in advance
Old 12-24-2012, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by msallua View Post
How fit the black umbrella in the X slot of the torque tube ? loose or tight?

Thanks in advance
I have one more machine to change over I will check that before I install
Richie Sabin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman09201 View Post
I've done 2 setups and had to sand both of them. The bearing fit was so tight it destroyed the first bearing. I didn't measure them with a micrometer, but the interference fit is too tight to just put them on. I did the freezer route and forced the umbrela gear to get it started, but the fit was so tight and the force so much it destroyed the micro press and the bearing.

I didn't notice any unusual looseness in the TT, but will check that issue when I get home.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got my parts.... Yeah the umbrella gear is real loose on the torque tube.... Anyone using the black tail shaft with the original white umbrella?

I really don't like how loose it is

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2
EC225LP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 11:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EC225LP View Post
Just got my parts.... Yeah the umbrella gear is real loose on the torque tube.... Anyone using the black tail shaft with the original white umbrella?

I really don't like how loose it is

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk 2
+1, don't like how loose it is

Is not recommend by Dino use black and white

But the front black umbrella use the white autorotation gear without problems, doesn't exist a black autorotation gear

Old 12-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

the white gear had a bearing on it in the vid and the black gear didnt until you show me a vid the same way as you did the white gear i cant help
Old 12-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just tried a white gear in the TT end and fit snug then a black one was a hair loser with a tick of play i no worried about that, just make sure you keep the bearing fit to the gear very snug so it will not move forward under hard loads
Old 12-26-2012, 07:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

hey msallua, did you fly your heli yet?

I tested mine today with the new black gears... lots of play at umbrella/torque A LOT more than the white gears.

However, she flew well, tail held solid, came back in one piece...
EC225LP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I tested mine today with the new black gears... lots of play at umbrella/torque A LOT more than the white gears.

Thanks for the feedback!, If it posible today I fly this badboy.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had already mounted up everything, bladeholders and all, with the black gear kit... and had the play at the rear of the tt. Then, I removed the tail assembly and changed back to the white gear on the tt but left the black gear tail shaft assembled. So its now the black and white gears. I checked the mesh under magnification and lubed with silicon spray painted on the gears as usual. Flew 2 flights with no issues, ultra smooth. I will leave it this way until Align resolves the issue at the rear end of the tt.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

email sent lets see what they have to say
Old 12-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My easy fix for the lot of play at umbrella/torque , until Align response

Quote:

Ok, I use all the black gear....

4 flights , the first flight was sport and the other 3 flight 3D flight...

she flew well.... came back in one piece too ... and no play in the black umbrella.after the flights....

I'm very happy with my fix until i have a response from Align...

My easy fix.

3 turns aprox. of scotch tape in the tip of the torque tube ( front tip and back tip ) you need to make some test until you feel the black umbrella fit tight .....no more play ...

Don't put the scotch tape in a circle, you have to go pasting it into the corners of the tip of the torque tube ( 3 turns aprox. )

Good luck guys!

I'm sorry , I speak spanish
Old 12-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I installed both front and rear black gears and yes, there is a little play in the TT drive spline but it seems ok after 6-7 flights. Tail holds well and is silky smooth. My confidence in the machine has gone up considerably!

Pressing the bearings onto the gears went well. I used a vice and two sockets. One that fit well inside the gear teeth at the outside (to protect them) and the other that just went over the outside of the gear shaft. You must press on the bearing on from the inside race to prevent damaging the bearing. Make sure everything is straight before you start cranking it down. It was snug, no doubt about it but I think Dino is right on this one, you don't want that gear moving back and forth.
Helos4me is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

today i flew 3 more.....3D flight.....all OK!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in