Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 06:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CPX brushless upgrade

i'm moderately new to the r.c. heli game and im hooked for good!! I've recently purchased a rtf version of the nano cpx from amazon for ~$110, thought it was a decent deal. I also picked up some lectron pro 300mah 35c lipos.. noticing my main motor bogging down under extreme moves ive wanted to get a more powerful motor so I ordered this kit http://www.wowhobbies.com/nanocpx_bl_kit.aspx
my question is do I have to have an adapter plate to mount the BL to the stock frame or does it require a aftermarket frame? if the frame is the issue ill have to hold off, if a plate is required I can probably fabricate one myself...

if there is already a thread issuing this question please show me the light! thanks
BP-FLY-BY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It doesn't look like it's one of the kits most recommend on here but it's similar. It will require frame modifications to work for sure, the stock motor is about the diameter of a pen and this one is clearly a short/fat model.

The mods aren't that drastic, a bit of cutting, a bit of glueing.. The rest consists of spacers to move the side servos outside to allow for the motor to sit in there.
xsinx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

First: it is out of stock. Second it doesn't appear to include servo spacers (needed for clearance from the wide motor) or a frame stiffener (important since the frame is cut away to make room as well).
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last, it is plug in, which usually limits performance. It is $10 (at least) more than AD or Pjacq kits. The high KV motor is 'wild' and will need bigger batteries and probably modified landing gear and a different battery plug.

I wouldn't recommend it. Or wow hobbies if you run a quick google search.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default This is what I have learned

I bought this plug n play kit(Wild version) from http://helipartsdirect.com. I also purchased the CNC AL Advanced Main Frame from http://www.rakonheli.com. I was running Microheli 200mah 35 c and was barely getting 2 minutes. I upgraded the battery to the Hyperion 240mAh 25/45C. Requires a mod to the battery holder to accommodate the bigger bat. but I get 4+minutes of fly time (with a nice warm battery). I switch to 100% throttle about 2 minutes in. Tail motor is under powered but hang on... its fun to fly.
I will be switching back to the stock frame using the mod. kit from http://asteroiddesigns.com. The Rakon frame is a piece of art but too heavy.

There is also a factory produced brushless for the Nano. I look forward to trying that.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131104832021?lpid=82

I also went through 4 of the 3 in 1 boards before I figured out that the soldering on the chip in the bottom right corner just needs to be reflowed. I was able to recover all 4 boards that were no longer binding.

Wrap your blades in 1 layer of clear mailing tape and they will withstand anything.

fleshtonegumby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2014, 02:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your astroid designs link doesn't work. But I think you mean this... http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...n-frame-braces

+1 on the rakon frame. Lovely looking bit of kit but it's a brick! I also went back to stock frame. If your going to use the Hyperion 240's then the Hyperion mcpX 250's are similar weight and great performance as well. Intellect 250's also are great. Got me the xtreme 300 and the nano tech 300 as well which fly great 4 mins easy but the nano techs are a bit fatter and a tight squeeze into the mcpX type battery tray.

Not sure I'd use the tape mod on the blades as it would be a nightmare for me to balance them. Just use TH before a crash and your blades will be ok

I love my wild motor setups. I have one with the stock tail and it's mental! As it's light 31g all in. I think I could get it to 30g too but just no need. I also have a dbl BL with the wild main and the hp02 tail whic definitely needs the 250 batteries but still gives the 4 mins flight but is 7g heavier. Advantage is the tail is solid and back to back flights no problem
Old 02-05-2014, 10:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

fleshtonegumby , which canopy is that ?
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014, 02:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Canopy is from xtreme production

http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...oducts_id=8344
fleshtonegumby is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2014, 12:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Loving the BLH3325 Upgrade from HH. Coupled with the 45c batteries, this thing is a blast to fly.

Nathan Mino is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 11:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

BP-FLY-BY,
Looks like almost the same kit I got from Heli-Nation. the other guys are right the plugs kill the performance of the motor and flight times. by soldering the ESC to your main board and losing all the connectors it saved me 2 grams of weight and I gained 2 min plus in flight time

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in