Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default X9

Hmmm , switches from Balance to positioning ..

Turnigy 9x Tx is too limited , so just putting the gear together to flash my Tx with new firmware , I want more control / options ..
old4570 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ivor Hill - thanks for the tip. I'll try it. I was referring to green wire because manual I have states that green = FM sensitivity while blue = gyro sensitivity. maybe wires and/or manual are messed up.

Anyway, before I could see your reply I went and tried to fly. I performed a few hovers and noticed few issues.

1. After landing in 1m (~3ft) tall grass (control fall from 2m/6ft alt with thro hold) one of my servos changed its neutrum. Loading saved settings doesn't solve anything. I need to readjust swash level. It actually happened to me two times. I'm flying around, landing in tall and soft grass and one servo changes neutrum.

2. Position mode failing . I got my machine up, nothing high, around 1.5m/5ft off the ground. At first, like a half a minute, it was hovering almost in the spot. Little "swimming" up and down, side-side but overall it worked. I had my fingers off the controls and heli remained stable. Suddenly without any reason it started to drift away. Plus heli got a bit more power and started to ascend slowly. My hovering in position ended as I had to take control over and fly around.

Boy, lots of tweaking and calibrations awaits... But I see improvements to my skills. I can finally get off the ground and land without crashing.
Sabaot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

FM has no control or influence on throttle. Throttle is controled as it was before fitting FM. If the heli is hovering ok and then suddenly drifts to the right it is posible that you have vibration problems. To check tie the heli down so it cannot fly but not to tight and with FM on run it up to speed. The flybar and blades should stay level. If they tip then you have vibration problems.
For you first test flights you should not connect the blue wire and use the programme to set the gain. The default value of +70 is normaly ok for a 450 size heli.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 08:27 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sorry Not vibration

It does it standing still on a nice flat surface ..

The act of turning on FM makes the cyclic go to the right , nothing to do with vibration ..

Whether taking of , flying , standing still with the motor off , it does what it does ..
Old 06-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default my 9X does alot

my 9X does everything i need it to........and my 450 with flymentor had its 100th battery today
cruzroy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by old4570 View Post
It does it standing still on a nice flat surface ..

The act of turning on FM makes the cyclic go to the right , nothing to do with vibration ..

Whether taking of , flying , standing still with the motor off , it does what it does ..
You don't say or show to what extent that happens. A short vid will probably clarify that.

Depending on setup there will always be a small divination when FM is turned on and I am sure that can vary from one FM to another depending on how meticulously the heli and FM were setup on the one hand and the tolerances within its components are on the other.

So really one needs to know how much 'the cyclic goes to the right' to determine whether it is a setup issue or a fault condition.
pril250 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2012, 02:38 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Eeeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pril250 View Post
You don't say or show to what extent that happens. A short vid will probably clarify that.

Depending on setup there will always be a small divination when FM is turned on and I am sure that can vary from one FM to another depending on how meticulously the heli and FM were setup on the one hand and the tolerances within its components are on the other.

So really one needs to know how much 'the cyclic goes to the right' to determine whether it is a setup issue or a fault condition.
No thank you ! It was initially Violent and required 3/4 stick to hold hover [ left stick ] ..
I was lucky not to crash it , very lucky ..

I have the heli trimmed out as best as possible [ FM off ] and have gone back to the trim pot .. My only option is to take the heli up , get a nice steady hover going , then activate FM slowly .. Crank it on too fast and trim goes to the right [ heli pulls to the right ] which is why a switch is bad . By activating it slowly (%) it seems to be ok , so it is usable , but not on take off . Ive checked everything , and its all straight ,

Ive tested the tendency on the ground [ turning on FM and off ] with a switch , and as soon as you turn FM on [ motor not running , so no vibration - on a flat surface ] there is a slight twitch in the servos [ right Aileron ] , I cant trim it out .. It happens and there is nothing to be done about it that I know off [ This I can video ] , I dont want to risk the heli as I dont have enough space ..

But like I said , the work around is to have a nice hover going and slowly with the trim pot activate FM a little at a time (%) .. If mem serves I have max set to 60%

Maybe it hates my servo's ? [ compatibility ] , thats all I can think of .
Old 07-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well that is definitely not right. There have been reported cases like you mentioned of incompatibility with some, especially cheaper range, servos. That is all I can think of as well.

When all is well you should be able to expect to take off smoothly, be it with a slight wobble, depending on balancer gain. The other option, I guess, and not ideal in any way, is to set the heli up with FM on for level flight and never have it switched off.

Please be kind to share any progress and what cyclic servos are currently being used on the heli. I can recommend Hitec HS65HB or MG as compatible for 450 size helis.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TG9e

Cheapest servos money can buy , TG9e ...

Im going to swap put the servos as time permits ...

But im just wondering if I can trim FM , haven't messed with it too deeply ..

I will have to take another look ... Was busy with school , then bad weather for 2 weeks + ...

But I do have other servos to try ..
Old 07-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you saying you just hooked up FM to the heli and performed no setting up what so ever on Helibal or the hand held programmer? From memory it is quite possible that these were the offending servos in a previous post but not 100% sure.
Old 07-05-2012, 03:32 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No

I set up FM , as per instructions ...

Heli was well set up before FM went on , I followed the instructions implicitly ...

So if I turn on FM and everything [ trim ] remains as it should , and I try to take off , it pulls to the right , Its like FM is orientated the wrong way on take off ?

Cos when a heli takes of there is a slight lean to the right [ yes? ] FM should if anything be trying to counter this not exasperate it .

+ I dont have the hand held set up box [ PC for me ]

But like I said , if activated on the fly slowly , then it behaves well .
Old 07-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default i now its a pain

but could you hook up your FM and post every setting so we can see them
and what bird are you using

go thru helibal and post what you have for settings...............thanks
Old 08-05-2012, 01:26 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hi this is jon

has anyone tried the align GEL pad for under the gyro's.....i use a separate rudder gyro like cruzroy..........what a difference, the stop any and all vibrations.......align sell a big one you can cut into smaller pieces......i think it works great
salisburyflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I use it and it works fine but is not as secure as normal gyro pads so you also need to use a velcro wrap. Zeal PU tape is thicker,much better,more secure but more expensive do a search for it.
Ivor Hill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default im getting the big gel pad

im going to attemp the flymentor on another nitro........................
Old 09-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

okay got another FM and im starting with a good flying nitro Raptor Again, and some align gel pads, im going to do it this time,
there is a few vids of nitros with flymentors, and ive emailed all parties and have seen now positive proof or answers from these folks.....NO REPLIES, so i will do the usual vids and pitures, and hope i can get it to work........otherwise its just a myth....
i even wrote KDS, and no comment??? so im on my own....and i will be trying again soon
i will have to extend all wire on the flymentor.....that will be the hardest part..... How long can i go ...????...What guage wire ???? i will try again,
hope it does not cost me my raptor....

OOOHHH! Does anyone know if you can leave the CCD disconected, i dont care about positioning right know just stable........thanks for your support
Old 09-29-2012, 03:37 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i created a new thread on flymentor and nitro.......i Give up.....for all my loyal vid watches im sorry, i cant get it to work, so i bow down, and maybe someone eles can make it work and let us all know, please dont show me any vids from youtube, ( as of 9-29-2012), i have emailed every one that has done a supposed flymentor video, and have got no response, so i want good proof......my opinion is that it is a myth and there are flying very well setup birds and it just looks like it is working, just like my quick 32 super learner.....it will hover in 1 spot for seconds before i have to touch the sticks, but it rocks and rolls with the flymentor, so i believe the flmentor will not work, as there is no loche ness !!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

still no reply from KDS on nitro birds..........and no new vid............HO---HUM??
Old 12-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default hey guys

just want to say HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and thanks for watching all my videos
Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HOW TO ! HK450, Turnigy 9X, and Flymentor

I use the gel and Velcro , seems good . I am flyin hk500 upgraded everything but still flymentor and turnigy radio

Trying to set up zyx Fbl on a 500 with flymentor ,
joshd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in