Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

cool when are these coming out and where can i get some.
daveiga2005 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 11:00 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveiga2005 View Post
cool when are these coming out and where can i get some.
I think they are available now!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
LOL... I took everything to the field this morning except for my computer! DUH!!! So I couldn't try your settings. Matt, are you using combined mode or 2 channel mode?

I'm using combined mode, and by looking at your numbers, if I bump up the runup that high, my spoolup will be crazy fast... instead of the nice soft start I have right now. I flew it today after playing around a click or two at a time on the needle and got it to make really good power and eliminated the stutter, so I think I'm going to stick with these settings for now, but I thank you very much anyway!

Carlos.
I know its strange to quote my own post, but Matt, did you see the question here? Are you using combined mode or 2 ch mode?

Thanks,

Carlos.
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry Carlos, I must have missed that! I'll look when I get home.

Quote:
I know its strange to quote my own post, but Matt, did you see the question here? Are you using combined mode or 2 ch mode?

Thanks,

Carlos.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Nasca View Post
Sorry Carlos, I must have missed that! I believe I am using 2 channel as I don't use the servo and governor sensor port.
huh? The throttle servo can be connected to the CH4 on the left side or to the servo port on the right side above the sensor port....doesn't matter where...you just have to tell the vbar where the throttle is connected. However, now you've got me all curious... how does the vbar know the RPM if you're not using the sensor port?

The 2-channel thing is actually something different. In 2 channel mode, the vbar governor doesn't activate until it senses an "ON" position on that second channel. Some people put that on a switch on their radio and others simply do a mix with idle up so that in Normal, the governor is off and then on ID1 or ID2, the governor is on.

However, in 2 channel mode, the pilot is in charge of the spool up of the heli. The "soft start" is actually the pilot slowly raising the throttle until they have enough headspeed to take off. In combined mode, the vbar is in charge of the slow spool up. The Normal curve is used to just turn the engine on and off. Once on, you flick into ID1 and the vbar will do a soft start. In the air, you can flick into ID2 to get to your pre-programmed headspeed. ID1 will typically be something like 95% flat and ID2 100% flat...while Normal will be like 4% flat. This allows you to use Normal for turning the engine on / off, ID1/ID2 for flying, and TH for landing. If you flick out of TH, the vbar increases the throttle very rapidly to provide bailout. Therfore, the vbar wants you to put your TH a bit higher than your Normal curve so it knows when to deactivate bailout mode (for example, after you have landed).

The numbers you pasted before confused me because I made the assumption that you were running combined mode (which is now the recommended approach from Mikado). In this mode, you would have defeated the purpose of soft start by using such high runup numbers.

Carlos.
AMA #934662
Old 02-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm sorry, I got mixed up as to which heli I was talking about right here, we're in the NX4 Forum and I have a Mini VBar on it but use the GAUI gov... That's why I changed my post immediately after I hit send.

Let me check my 700N when I get home and I'll let you know.

Quote:
huh? The throttle servo can be connected to the CH4 on the left side or to the servo port on the right side above the sensor port....doesn't matter where...you just have to tell the vbar where the throttle is connected. However, now you've got me all curious... how does the vbar know the RPM if you're not using the sensor port?

The 2-channel thing is actually something different. In 2 channel mode, the vbar governor doesn't activate until it senses an "ON" position on that second channel. Some people put that on a switch on their radio and others simply do a mix with idle up so that in Normal, the governor is off and then on ID1 or ID2, the governor is on.

However, in 2 channel mode, the pilot is in charge of the spool up of the heli. The "soft start" is actually the pilot slowly raising the throttle until they have enough headspeed to take off. In combined mode, the vbar is in charge of the slow spool up. The Normal curve is used to just turn the engine on and off. Once on, you flick into ID1 and the vbar will do a soft start. In the air, you can flick into ID2 to get to your pre-programmed headspeed. ID1 will typically be something like 95% flat and ID2 100% flat...while Normal will be like 4% flat. This allows you to use Normal for turning the engine on / off, ID1/ID2 for flying, and TH for landing. If you flick out of TH, the vbar increases the throttle very rapidly to provide bailout. Therfore, the vbar wants you to put your TH a bit higher than your Normal curve so it knows when to deactivate bailout mode (for example, after you have landed).

The numbers you pasted before confused me because I made the assumption that you were running combined mode (which is now the recommended approach from Mikado). In this mode, you would have defeated the purpose of soft start by using such high runup numbers.

Carlos.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm sorry, I got mixed up as to which heli I was talking about right here, we're in the NX4 Forum... That's why I changed my post immediately after I hit send.

Let me check my 700N when I get home and I'll let you know.
LOL.. Ok. I'm actually talking about both. I have 3 nitros (2 700N and the NX4), all with a vbar governor. I use the same combined mode for all of them and it has worked out well. Some of my "old timer" friends don't like combined mode because they like to be in charge of the spool up... I tell 'em I paid a crapload of money for these stupid little boxes...they might as well do all the work!
AMA #934662
Old 02-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
LOL.. Ok. I'm actually talking about both. I have 3 nitros (2 700N and the NX4), all with a vbar governor. I use the same combined mode for all of them and it has worked out well. Some of my "old timer" friends don't like combined mode because they like to be in charge of the spool up... I tell 'em I paid a crapload of money for these stupid little boxes...they might as well do all the work!
I am running 2 channel on my VBar governor. During spool up and down, I do not want the governor to be active.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I am running 2 channel on my VBar governor. During spool up and down, I do not want the governor to be active.
Ok, that makes perfect sense now. Your fast ramp up is what you're counting on to give you the bailout. I wonder why Mikado is now recommending everyone go with single channel combined mode... oh well, thanks again for your help.

Carlos.
AMA #934662
Old 02-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

How are you guys making your adapters to run your 2s lipo directly into your flybarless unit? This will be my first time going with this setup.
BigQ951 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigQ951 View Post
How are you guys making your adapters to run your 2s lipo directly into your flybarless unit? This will be my first time going with this setup.
I use this exact plug.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Matt, thats what I had in mind. I'll have to make one up this weekend.
BigQ951 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 05:40 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Official GAUI NX4 Build Thread

Those ate real nice Matt, I got them on my X5 and love them. Haven't broke a plate yet in well over a year of flying with them. I need to get a set still for the NX4. There pricey the first time but the replacement plates if or when you may need them aren't bad at all
JETI USA
www.MSHUSA.com, www.MSheli.com
mamartin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Matt great build thread as always, it was very helpful today! I had two questions what servos are you running cyc/thro/tail. Secondly what is that fuel line attachment called that holds the fill line?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigQ951 View Post
I use this on my other helicopters to allow a better current flow. The servo connectors are limited to something like 5 amps.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ness-SPMYHEC36
Old 03-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippo View Post
Matt great build thread as always, it was very helpful today! I had two questions what servos are you running cyc/thro/tail. Secondly what is that fuel line attachment called that holds the fill line?

Thanks in advance!
Im running the Savox 1250 for cyclic and Futaba BLS257 for throttle and rudder. I would run the Savox all the way around but i had the futaba so just used them.

The little Black plastic thing with the plug in one end? I got that from Mitch Pricer and Haven't been able to find another one ) sorry man.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by backburner1955 View Post
I use this on my other helicopters to allow a better current flow. The servo connectors are limited to something like 5 amps.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ness-SPMYHEC36
Ya i would use that too but i have no more available plugs in the mini vbar
Old 05-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Here is my VBar File

Mini VBar File using GAUI governor.
Attached Files
File Type: vbr nx4-vbar-hack.vbr (5.5 KB, 225 views)
Old 03-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Got a JR XBus receiver and a Revglow installed

Old 03-22-2014, 02:55 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Gaui muffler

Hi all,
Will it be correct if I will connect the pressure tube to the bottom hole of the muffler?

Thanks.
apstudio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in