Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods

600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Align T-REX 600/600 PRO Aftermarket Upgrades and Mods Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KDE Direct Upgrades for 600N

Hey HeliFreakers,

I'm excited to announce the expansion of KDE Direct into the Nitro market, with the release for the TREX 600N Aluminum Electronics Mount Upgrade and the TREX 600N Aluminum Gyro Mount Upgrade. Check them out at:

http://www.kdedirect.com/600SeriesProducts.html

Thanks for everyone for their support and the great people here at HeliFreak! Please feel free to post any comments you have (postiive or negative), as it helps me continue to release great products for all of us with true heli addictions!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AT600N-EMU1.jpg
Views:	697
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	83360   Click image for larger version

Name:	AT600N-GMU1.jpg
Views:	634
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	83361  
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

It looks VERY great but come on its bling.... I see the electronic mounting gadget as a bad thing as it actually takes away a "deforming zone" in front of the heli. The gyro mounting plate in alu is maybe a good thing because it maybe will take away noise from the servos below? In my world it should be made of magnetic material to take away noise but honestly I dont know...
Apart from that I would love to have both on my heli just for the look of it!
stenkilde is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2009, 07:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenkilde View Post
It looks VERY great but come on its bling.... I see the electronic mounting gadget as a bad thing as it actually takes away a "deforming zone" in front of the heli. The gyro mounting plate in alu is maybe a good thing because it maybe will take away noise from the servos below? In my world it should be made of magnetic material to take away noise but honestly I dont know...
Apart from that I would love to have both on my heli just for the look of it!
...not to be smart but, do you really want a crumple zone where most of your electronics are sitting? I would *think* that the aluminum there would protect the electronics better in a crash but who knows!?!?!?!
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2009, 11:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrim80 View Post
...not to be smart but, do you really want a crumple zone where most of your electronics are sitting? I would *think* that the aluminum there would protect the electronics better in a crash but who knows!?!?!?!
It *may* protect the electronics, but even a moderate crash would probably break the frame. The electronics would likely only get displaced.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The machining looks great on those, but the front mount just looks like it would add some seriously unnecessary weight.
CatchmyCorsair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 12:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

take this with a grain of salt, as the carbon its bolted to will probably be destroyed first... but on all my nitro vehicles.. (on road) I hate the aluminum, it bends and tears fairly easy on impact. The vacformed platic or whatever the hell is is seemed more resiliant and i found myself switching back. It seems like a heavy expense... both ways... weight wise and meaning if you nose dive there a good chance the aluminum is going to bend or crack, and now your toasting a $80 part vs a $10 part. If your about bling, then im all for it. It does look well machined, good enough for show! Break out the polishing wheel on that bad boy... JMO

E -Flite Blade 400 3D and MCX, Align TREX 600NSP, Traxxas Nitro 4-TEC 3.3, Traxxas Nitro TMAXX 3.3, Enforcer 48" 30cc Gaser Deep V fiberglass boat
Arsenix2001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Well here is my 2 cents on the thing. I have one to do a review on but haven't had a chance to bolt it on yet.

2 guys over the last month have crashed at OCMA and lost ALL their electronics as they destroyed the plastic electronics housing. They also broke the frames. Poor Helifreak user Lowflyer, his went home in a BAG! I am pretty sure that the metal housing would have saved some of the more expensive electronics. Agreed the frames would be GONE and possibly bent the heck out of the metal housing too but better than loosing a 601 gyro and amp, RX, and Gov.

I plan to use nylon screws for mine thinking the housing will break away rather than taking out the frames.

Anyway I am not completely supporting this idea as this is all theory for me and I don't plan on crashing to test it! But.... I am going to use it. If I crash I will let you all know the outcome.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
I plan to use nylon screws for mine thinking the housing will break away rather than taking out the frames.
As has been pointed out in another thread, the risk with nylon screws is that there's a better chance that the electronics mount will be driven into the servos and destroy them. If I was running 8717s, I think I'd rather take the chance of the electronics being broken.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 02-22-2009, 11:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

FYI... here is Lowflyers electronics after the crash

Old 02-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Sheesh! Did he hit on pavement?
Graupner MZ-32

Old 02-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Our flying field is on a old Cement factory lot. So it's just as hard as cement in my opinion. That is why I am interested in this mount.

Bob
Old 02-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Our flying field is on a old Cement factory lot. So it's just as hard as cement in my opinion. That is why I am interested in this mount.

Bob
Man, thats like taking your race car to race at an old nail factory! Ouch!

E -Flite Blade 400 3D and MCX, Align TREX 600NSP, Traxxas Nitro 4-TEC 3.3, Traxxas Nitro TMAXX 3.3, Enforcer 48" 30cc Gaser Deep V fiberglass boat
Arsenix2001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 12:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW! Looks like the shrink wrap decided to eat the battery..
7c 2.4
DarkHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 12:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Ours is in a regional park and is composed of the black Texas clay that's common in this area. It does a pretty good job of absorbing impacts; what's funny is that the ground pretty much dents.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 02-22-2009, 12:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Yep... my other field I fly (Carson) is soft dirt and I have actually crashed just after they plowed the field and had NO DAMAGE. I loved that!

I have complained about the OCMA field since day one after crashing a heli and total destruction. Seems there is not much we can do about it and it is a nice field to fly. You just have to NOT crash when flying there......
Had a crash with my Aurora Last weekend but it went in easy. Kevin was not so lucky!
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=120397

Bob
Old 02-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, that pack is not taco'd, it's more pealed banana'd

I am thinking the same about the servo's getting smashed if that alu-tray went in to them.
Anyway. if you are afraid/can't afford to crash, you either:

A): should not fly at all.
B): have a heli that's to expencive for your flying style.

Think about it, when do you crash? When trying something you don't really master? Or doing what you can, and taking small steps in learning?

I only crash when i get to excited, and try something new, or when something technical goes wrong (hey, that's my fault to, i do the setup and pre-check....)

Just my opinion.

Rune
Roadrune is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2009, 08:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
The front plastic electronics mount on the 600N and 700N are both part of the bracing and structural integrity of the frame. I would pass on the nylon screws. If you crash bad enough, it will take out the frames regardless of nylon screws or not.
Anthony.L is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony.L View Post
The front plastic electronics mount on the 600N and 700N are both part of the bracing and structural integrity of the frame. I would pass on the nylon screws. If you crash bad enough, it will take out the frames regardless of nylon screws or not.
True.... every nose crash I have seen that broke the plastic mount also broke the frames where it bolts on..... But I still might try the nylon screws anyway.

Bob
Old 02-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
True.... every nose crash I have seen that broke the plastic mount also broke the frames where it bolts on..... But I still might try the nylon screws anyway.
The only nose-first crash I've had also broke the mount where it attached to the frame and broke the left frame panel, not to mention mangling my muffler (the heli pretty much hit muffler first). The only damage to the electronics was somewhat bent pins on my Multigov.
Graupner MZ-32

Old 04-23-2009, 10:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Guys
Where do you get that cools braided stuff you put on your servo wires and what is it called? I am currently building a 600 esp.
Brett74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in