Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > CJY Total-G FBL System

CJY Total-G FBL System Curtis Youngblood Total-G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Total G Lock-Out

I'm setting up my 4th and last TotalG. I've had different issues with all 4 but have sorted it out or Brian and Curtis helped me over the phone. I'm trying to find a quick fix before I contact them again.

Number 4 is partially programed. The FC side is setup and was a breeze to do so. So I've tried to setup the TAIL GYRO and GOV, but it won't connect. A bubble pops open and says there's a problem finding a COMM Port. I check and the drop down menu shows only COMM 4 and it's connecting to the other 3 Total Gs within 3 days. I've tried two different computers and it's the same. I tried using my Gview2 and all it does is illuminate the screen, but won't let me enter.

I spoke to Brian and he says it's "locked out", and to do a TotalG Repair. When I try, the start window has a box open wanting me to Power Up and then click ok. It asks twice and then says to contact tech support. I've Uninstalled and Reinstalled TotalG and uploaded the Windows NET. package but to no avail. I'm using this in my Rave 3D(450).

Anyone had this problem or have a suggestion to correct it. I may need to send it back, but would just like to take care of it myself. I can't find any info to take care of this problem.
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm running XP and sometime I see the port unavailable message and I just plug into another USB port and wait a couple of seconds for it to reconnect, then restart the Total G software. That usually works just fine.

Also, I make sure the connector has the black wire of the interface connector pointed toward the servo wires.
Sky Dancer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I do get that occasionally as well, and I do just as you say, but this problem I have is that I can hook up to the FC side and do anything, but when I hook up to the Gyro/GOV side there is nothing except the try another port message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in