Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2005, 04:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Spot the mistake

Is it me or is their a mistake in the way that the delta is set up on this FAI head pictured on Little rotors WebSite?

z

http://www.littlerotors.com/articles...embledhead.jpg
Zilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2005, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Nope that is no mistake. That is the way the Tempest FAI Head instructions say to do it.
But most of us are running more negative delta than in the picture. So we flip the flybar carrier 180 degs and have the bell mixers on the opposite side than those in the picture.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2005, 06:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

David,

I have the instructions in front of me and in section F this is what they say....

"F. Note The rotor head is designed to accomodate various degrees of positive or negative Delta. Listed below are the possible combinations. We suggest starting with threaded balls described in the building sequence.

POSITIVE DELTA

No Spacer - one#0109 M3x8 Threaded Ball
(+3.3 degree delta) Least positive delta
No Spacer - one #0107 M3x6 Threaded ball
(+5.3 degree Delta) Most positive delta

NEGATIVE DELTA
One #122-18 Spacer and one #107 M3x6 Threaded ball
(-3.3 degree delta) Least negative delta
One #122-18 Spacer and one #109 M3x8 Threaded ball
(-5.3 degree Delta) Most negative delta

When using negative Delta the fly-bar control arms and the bell mixer must be mounted on the opposite sides of the flybar support tube. In most cases the -.33 degree Delta position has been the pilots choice"

Looking at the picure on Little Rotors he has the third option yet has not mounted the bell mixer on the opposite side which was my point.

BTW im not normally this anal but I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment as its too bloody cold to fly

On another note when you look at the drawings that are included with the instructions or on the MA website http://www.miniatureaircraftusa.com/...9;01E-01F' it gets even more confusing because they contradict the information in the written instructions above. They show the two threaded ball options as being #0105 or #0107 no mention of #0109 anywhere. The point I made in a previous post is the balls I got with my Tempest FAI head WERE #0107 and #0105whereas I should have had a #0109 not the #0105 Can you see why I am confused on this although I do understand now. I think

Z
Zilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in