Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problems after Servo Rebuild

I have replaced the sevo gears many times without any problems. But this time have a swash plate levelling problem.

After replacing the gears on all three servos. Tested them with the Turnigy Servo Tester , to make sure they were running smoothly and cycling OK.

Fitted them to the heli and used the Turnegy tester to set the swash arms at mid point and level the swash plate..

In setup 'G' the swash was level and did not require any adjustment.

However when I go back into flight mode, both rear servo arms are up about 10 degrees , tilting the swash plate down at the front. All controls work smoothly and correctly, but with the swash tilted .

The DX8 setting are unchanged with pitch curve 0-100 linear.
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

In step G you select a servo by moving the rudder stick and a light will come on. You then move the elevator stick up or down to make that horn as level as you can. Repeat for each servo. Here is the key part...you MUST exit to the next step With one of the servo's selected and its light on. It does not matter which servo is selected. That will ensure your settings are saved.
jhan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you crashed make sure your Elevator control lever did not slip a notch.
Rotarywing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2014, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks.. jhan1 .. problem solved. This is not mentioned in the Spectrum handbook.!!

Because the swash was already level when I went into 'G', I missed this important step.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this normal that the servos would need to be adjusted independently after replacement?
Just curious as I have 2 rear servos that i'm changing out this week, but I haven't made any adjustments to my AR7200 from factory settings.

In the Hangar: Blade MCPx BL - 130x - 450x v1 - 450x v2
arias51 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 07:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias51 View Post
Is this normal that the servos would need to be adjusted independently after replacement?
Just curious as I have 2 rear servos that i'm changing out this week, but I haven't made any adjustments to my AR7200 from factory settings.
ANY mechanical adjustments made to your servos, especially replacements, will require you to go through your AR7200 settings.
450X V2, mCPX V2, 120 SR, DX6i TX, icharger 106b & Junsi P350 Watt DC, Hyperion & Glacier Batt's, EP Buddy Safe 40A ParaBoard, RC Logger Digital Pitch Gauge, Maglev Blade Balancer, Quantum LV Alarm & Voltage Tester, T3chDad RC Flight Log Android App
KySky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, this will be my 1st attempt at entering/adjusting the beastx configuration. I watched some of the vids on the menu param 'G' setup. Looks fairly simple.

In the Hangar: Blade MCPx BL - 130x - 450x v1 - 450x v2
arias51 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in