Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters

Miniature Aircraft Helicopters Stratus, Spectra G, Furion, Ion-X, Bobby Watts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Whiplash 700EX is here...

http://miniatureaircraftusa.com/heli...ectric-fbl-kit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice to see the improvements.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like a nice machine. Made in US.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I really think this thing is going to Rock !!! You can't doubt that MA is one of if not the best company in the game. The customer service alone is worth buying a MA heli. The 1st model was awesome but had a few issues no doubt. , and like every model that comes out it needs a little tweaking. Can't say the MA has not had its fair share of problems over the last few years but sometimes we all get delt a bad hand here and there. I'm so glad to see that MA has fought so hard for so long to make good on all promises and stand behind the products to the bitter end no matter what model it is or even how old it is. They still sell stuff from models years and years ago. To top it all off MA is USA based and I believe that is worth it's weight in gold. To those guys that weren't so happy with the 1st one I hope you believe in this model enough to give it another go because I believe this is the model to have !!! To those that haven't had a 90 model this is where it is !!! Great job MA fighting your way through some tough times !!! I know I'll stand beside my USA based brand as long as the customer service stands beside me !!! Can't wait to get this baby in my hands !!!
Alignnitro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alignnitro View Post
They still sell stuff from models years and years ago.
I still fly 2 Stratus's and an X-Cell 60 and I can still get parts.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's awesome isn't it !!!! It's really hard to understand as a customer what goes on behind the scences. I just really hope that the MA customers and the potential future customers can and WILL overlook the issues MA has been dealing with , which has filtered down to the customer. In the End MA is a great US based small family company with the best Customer Support around. Small companies like this is hard to find these days and they will not be around in the future if we don't support them as much as they support us. I wish all the customers of MA , MA themselves along with all the hard working employees , team pilots , and reps the best of luck and I hope we can ALL stick these little issues out to help make MA climb back to the TOP where they have once been for many many years !!!
Old 08-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

This heli is on my to buy list but I was hoping the pricing was going to be more inline with other 700 class helis instead of 800.

Guess I'll have to wait for the 10% sale at Amain Hobbies.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe pricing is In like with all the other " new models ". Sure there is ones that have been out of the good old AlIGN company but I know most companies have came out at 999.99. The old E came out at that. The goblin , I believe the x7. This seems to be actually 50 less that the 1st model release. I'm not worried about that price so much as I am the actual date of release. Hopefully it won't be like last time
Old 08-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

MSRP for my Raptor E820 is $999...it's a new 800 class heli from TT. The new E700 from TT is $700. The MA 700EX is $949 and it's a 700 class heli. No reason why a pod only 700 kit without blades should cost that much. The Goblin kits all come with blades with full fuselage. MA is pricing this heli out of the market IMHO.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
MSRP for my Raptor E820 is $999...it's a new 800 class heli from TT. The new E700 from TT is $700. The MA 700EX is $949 and it's a 700 class heli. No reason why a pod only 700 kit without blades should cost that much. The Goblin kits all come with blades with full fuselage. MA is pricing this heli out of the market IMHO.
You've obviously never owned an MA..

You won't find a plastic electronics tray or tail box on a Whiplash, all carbon and aluminium. The metal parts are machined in house, not out-sourced to Asia like other brands. And if you have an issue, you can call the guys at MA and they'll sort it out.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aren't they a lot heavier as well? My 800 class E820 with 2 x 7S 5000mAh packs weighs less than this 700 class heli on 2 x 6S.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

By a MA heli 1st and then compare them to others. How about the fact that the align 700 or 800 is half the cost of a TT 800 with all the parts ready to fly. Buy a combo with it all in the box and you'll be 50 percent cheaper than a TT 800. If your Price shopping then buy and align. If your gonna compare a set of blades in the kit or 50 bucks then your in the wrong hobby. This isn't a penny pinching sport. The E model had a few issues that are now address and hopefully fixed. But rmeber that the nitro and gas models are one of the best fuel burning Heli's on the market and its almost the same bird with different power system.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alignnitro View Post
By a MA heli 1st and then compare them to others. How about the fact that the align 700 or 800 is half the cost of a TT 800 with all the parts ready to fly. Buy a combo with it all in the box and you'll be 50 percent cheaper than a TT 800. If your Price shopping then buy and align. If your gonna compare a set of blades in the kit or 50 bucks then your in the wrong hobby. This isn't a penny pinching sport. The E model had a few issues that are now address and hopefully fixed. But rmeber that the nitro and gas models are one of the best fuel burning Heli's on the market and its almost the same bird with different power system.
What the hell are you talking about? Align 800 don't cost half a TT E820.

http://shop.align.com.tw/product_inf...m7rkl83j28q611

TT E820 doesn't come in a combo but you are trying to tell me with $1400 you couldn't buy ESC, motor, gyro, servos to put in a E820?

Gyro $150
ESC $150
Motor $300
Servos $400
Blades $200

Total $1200 + $1000 = $2200
Old 08-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ummmm maybe we aren't talking about the same model but this is what I would be paying for an align 800 e

http://www.helidirect.com/trex-800-e...9_221_2148.hdx

And honestly if you shop a little more u can find it a tax bit cheaper. This is about the going price. Not 2200 or whatever.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also just curious. Where are u getting a esc for an 800 for 150 ? Castle 160hv are 270 aren't they ?? Fbl unit ...150 ?? Are u buying used at that price ?
Old 08-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh and by the way , dude your real close to me. Where are u flying at ... We need to get off this forum and fly a little.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

The model I linked to is the new Pro model with the fancy skids etc.

Anyway ESC is Hobbywing 120A HV Opto but if you want the Castle 160 then just add $100 to the total.

FBL is KDS Ebar V2 just as good or better than Align 3GX

Oh I've been mainly flying micros and 250 class helis so don't need much room, but I've just started getting into larger helis so those will be flown at the local football field which is often empty at the times I plan on flying there. Also where I work we have a very large parking lot that is mostly empty on the weekends.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right, so the point of this story is that until you have owned an MA heli, you can't compare the price.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm View Post
Right, so the point of this story is that until you have owned an MA heli, you can't compare the price.
Actually one doesn't need to own one to know that one 700 class heli is a lot heavier than another 800 class heli. That alone means less performance while costing more. It's a significant tradeoff.

Quality wise I don't doubt it's very good, but that alone doesn't mean it should cost the same as a 800 size heli. I think a more reasonable price would be $850 which is still more than almost all 700 class helis out there. Of course $100 is basically nothing when you factor in the price of a complete flight ready package is over 2 grand but that's not really the point.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you call Align or Thunder Tiger if you have some trouble with one of their kits? After sales support is just as important as the quality of the heli.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in