Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2016, 04:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 600Pro main blades

Am in the market for something better than my 3G's, 620's max rpm 2300.

Checked out the local webshop but Jeeessss crazy brand choices:
DH Blades, RotorTech, Halo, High Score, Heli Tec, KBDD, MS Composit, NHP, Rail Blades, RJX, SAB, Spinblades, Switch, Zeal,

So no clue what i should buy here...hoping you guys can help me out a bit here

PS: if you wanna see the selection from the local webshop:

http://rcoutlet.ch/Artikel/Rotorbl%C...r-ab-600mm.asp

Last edited by apper001; 04-27-2016 at 12:11 AM..
apper001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2016, 05:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I believe that you can't go wrong with either RotorTech or Switch. It depends a lot on personal preference though. If you have flown Edge in the past and you liked them, Switch is what you need. I haven't tried out RTs yet but I am hearing a lot of very good feedback from other pilots
Blade 450X
Heli.Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2016, 09:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Checked some blades specs. Seems that 90% of the blades have the same dimensions, around the same weight, can't check the shape but guess they all use more or less the same airfoil.

Nothing about the core or CG's to be found.

Maybe i should goto the shop with the Pro and ask if i can try them all out

PS. listened to BK on RCHN, so guess i can't go wrong with the Switch Blades.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A good spellchecker will confirm that "blade" is spelt R A I L...
And with them you simply cannot go wrong.
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2016, 12:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

ThX for the correction.

Any more info on why you like Railblades so much?
Old 04-27-2016, 10:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just like the way they fly, really crisp and controlled. In have tried Edge as well as stock blades, and the Rails just come out tops.
TREX 250 PRO,Talon15, GPRO, Zeal ----TREX 500 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ----2x TREX 450PRO V2, 1xGPRO&1xBRAIN, Talon35, RAIL , Zeal ---- SAVOX powered TREX500 EFL in Roban scale UH1-N ---- TREX 600 EFL PRO, GPRO, RAILS ---- DX9 ----
TR450ZS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2016, 01:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

At some point, the new VTX blades sound really promising.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2016, 01:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got a set of SAB TBs for my 600, should try them out today. Been liking the way the TBs fly on my 700.
Mike656 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by apper001 View Post
Am in the market for something better than my 3G's, 620's max rpm 2300.
You cant use 620mm blades on the 600 Pro/L unless you do a stretch. There is only just enough main to tail blade clearance with stock 600mm blades, 5mm is about all you have to play with.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
You cant use 620mm blades on the 600 Pro/L unless you do a stretch. There is only just enough main to tail blade clearance with stock 600mm blades, 5mm is about all you have to play with.
How about Cyclone 615's? I have them on my Pro and now I worry that I shouldn't run them. I have the Cyclone 95's on the tail.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by reichly View Post
How about Cyclone 615's? I have them on my Pro and now I worry that I shouldn't run them. I have the Cyclone 95's on the tail.
If this is a DFC head you run quite a big risk with those blades. Even with the EFL head I wouldn't fit them on my Pro because the clearance is so tight that it is just a matter of luck whether the blades will touch each other. What you can do to is fit the TT and boom from the 700 which will you plenty of clearance to run both 615s and 105s on the tail with room to spare.
Another thing I did to fit 105mm tails with my Align 600mm mains was to drill the hole in the boom for the tail case to an oval shape so that the tail case can be shifted towards the rear a bit more to give me just enough clearance to run them without issues. But this won't give you the 15mm or so you need unfortunately.
Blade 450X
Old 06-03-2016, 12:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli.Maniac View Post
If this is a DFC head you run quite a big risk with those blades. Even with the EFL head I wouldn't fit them on my Pro because the clearance is so tight that it is just a matter of luck whether the blades will touch each other. What you can do to is fit the TT and boom from the 700 which will you plenty of clearance to run both 615s and 105s on the tail with room to spare.
Another thing I did to fit 105mm tails with my Align 600mm mains was to drill the hole in the boom for the tail case to an oval shape so that the tail case can be shifted towards the rear a bit more to give me just enough clearance to run them without issues. But this won't give you the 15mm or so you need unfortunately.
Yep, I agree. I am going to pull them off until I can do a stretch on it. I tried previously to do a 35mm stretch but I had problems making the torque tube and the tail servo rod. The Boom I have already made.

I originally tried the 700 boom, TT and servo rod but just it looked way too long to me.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Yep, I agree. I am going to pull them off until I can do a stretch on it. I tried previously to do a 35mm stretch but I had problems making the torque tube and the tail servo rod. The Boom I have already made.

I originally tried the 700 boom, TT and servo rod but just it looked way too long to me.
There is a way to make your own TT at the length you need but it requires a bit of work, measuring and test fitting. All you need is the TT ends from an old TT which you can pin to the new longer TT rod. This is the best solution because you can get the clearance you need without the heli becoming tail heavy or looking out of proportion. For the tail servo rod, I think that all you need is some hollow CF tubing of the right diameter and length and the ends of the old rod which can be epoxied on the new longer CF tube.
Blade 450X
Old 06-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli.Maniac View Post
There is a way to make your own TT at the length you need but it requires a bit of work, measuring and test fitting. All you need is the TT ends from an old TT which you can pin to the new longer TT rod. This is the best solution because you can get the clearance you need without the heli becoming tail heavy or looking out of proportion. For the tail servo rod, I think that all you need is some hollow CF tubing of the right diameter and length and the ends of the old rod which can be epoxied on the new longer CF tube.
Thanx Maniac...
I will bring this project back to the front of my project list. Excellent ideas!
Old 06-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd not run anything more than 605mm blades on the 'unstretched' 600 Pro DFC, maybe a few mm longer on the FB (non-DFC) version.

I've done the stretch on mine so if there is any help you need. Basically you use the trex 700 parts.
The TT is the most work. The drive spigots in the ends are threaded in (left handed threads). Remove one spigot by screwing out then cut the tube down to required length. You loose the internal threads in the tube when you cut so you have to file down the threads on the spigot until it's a tight force fit into the end up the tube. Rough the inside of the tube with sandpaper and secure the spigot with red loctite or epoxy. Drill through tube and spigot 2mm and put a nut/bolt through to prevent the spigot working loose.

It should look like this:
Old 06-03-2016, 03:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
I'd not run anything more than 605mm blades on the 'unstretched' 600 Pro DFC, maybe a few mm longer on the FB (non-DFC) version.

I've done the stretch on mine so if there is any help you need. Basically you use the trex 700 parts.
The TT is the most work. The drive spigots in the ends are threaded in (left handed threads). Remove one spigot by screwing out then cut the tube down to required length. You loose the internal threads in the tube when you cut so you have to file down the threads on the spigot until it's a tight force fit into the end up the tube. Rough the inside of the tube with sandpaper and secure the spigot with red loctite or epoxy. Drill through tube and spigot 2mm and put a nut/bolt through to prevent the spigot working loose.

It should look like this:
+1 on stretching. I just posted in the scale section on how I did a tt. after I crashed my 600 stretched w/640 mains.
scale projects <790 Trex 550 stretch for 700 size scale 206, post #8

If you already have the boom cut then all you have to do is insert the tt and measure 5.5mm from the boom end and cut it. Heat the stub piece and unscrew the spline. I chuck it in a drill press and use a file to cut it down. I put a little taper on the inside with a razor knife. I also use a length of aluminum angle in a vice with a couple bearings on the tt to run it true. I use (and I know people don't trust it but it has never let me down) JB weld quick set. put it inside the tube and inside the spline. Roll it back and forth on the bearings so the glue doesn't pool and cause an out of balance, takes about 5 min. I drill and pin mine with a piece of pushrod wire from an old crashed foamy with red locktite. never had one come loose or break even in a bad crash.
Tail pushrod can be made out of a mix of new 600 and a crashed one joined at the sleeve. just drill out the end w/a 3/16 drill. Cut to length and again jb weld. easy enough.

Ron
Old 06-03-2016, 04:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanx

Thanx You Guys. You just saved me about 4 or more hours of trial and error. Much appreciated.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanx You Guys. You just saved me about 4 or more hours of trial and error. Much appreciated.
If you are using a 700 boom, you will need to make the notch longer to match the 600. The screw hole on the side then can be marked and drilled.
Old 07-05-2016, 03:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update: I performed the stretch as per all of your recommended steps and it worked flawlessly. The only change I did was I didn't remove all of the left hand threads off of the TT end after removing it from the TT. I chucked it in my drill press and with a very fine miniature flat file I removed the threads at a taper leaving almost all of the threads at the top and very little evidence of them at the end that you insert into the TT.

I then used a couple of old gears and clamped one in my small vice with the TT end inside facing up and tightened it pretty tight. I then coated the what was left of the threads with Lock-Tite. After trimming the TT to length I placed another gear over the end that was still on the TT and clamped it tight with a pair of small Vice Grips which gave me the ability to thread it onto the TT end that was in the vice. I verified I was as straight as I could be and threaded it on all the way down. I felt it reach the end and stop turning and torqued on it a bit to make sure it was tight.

I am not sure that they cut threads inside the TT's and instead let the TT end create the threads.

Lastly I want to thank all of you who helped me as well as others here. I am going to put on my 615's now and run them without worrying about the clearance.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gonna get me some VTX 600'ers when they finally hit the market....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in