Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Audacity

Audacity Audacity Pantera Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2015, 07:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How about parts?

A little bit about me, been flying X-cell on and off for years, now they are all done. Looking for a new model that can take an OS 90, and not break the bank! Looking at Audacity for the first time, are parts readily available? I"m fine with setting up flybars, I just would like some feed back on this brand. Dan.
flyin dan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2015, 10:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yup. parts are readily available through the audacity website. or if you are lucky to have a lhs that carries the parts in stock.
John, the owner/janitor, is awesome at keeping the Pantera backwards compatible.
There is an owner on here that has the heli before the P50, and John still has parts for it.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Flyin dan!

Parts are readily availiable from audacitymodels.com even for their long discontinued models ( I believe). I have bought 3 Audacity kits going back to 2009, recently got a P6 kit.

I will have 2 OS 60s going into my Pantera helis. The P6 power train was designed to handle 90 sized engines. These Audacity helis are SO versatile! FBL head conversion is basically free, Electric motor with clutch or without, stretch kit for 700mm blades, and 4 blade head are all options availiable now.

These helis are priced right and high quality.

What MA helis did you fly Dan? I still have some xcell 30 and 60s myself
Garland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2015, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default In short yes.

JB (the owner and the guy you talk to when you call) could give you more detail. I will do my best with my knowledge. I have been flying the Pantera 50 since I saw an article about it in RC Heli Pilot several years ago. This was the model that replaced his Tiger 50. He is now selling the Pantera P6. Pretty much the same heli as the one I am flying. As I have crash and had to replace parts, I have made some "upgrades" to the P6 parts. I think the frames are the only thing that is not a P6 part on my heli. So, the Pantera 50 and Pantera P6 parts will go on each other. The Tiger parts are different, but I am not sure if all Tiger parts are different. He is still selling Tiger parts for those who are still running and flying their Tiger 50 even though it is several years old. His stocking of parts for his older helis is was led me to buy one. For the most part he has had the parts I needed in stock when I have tanked my heli into the ground. Only reason I said, "For the most part," is he has not had some of the upgrade parts (located here on his website http://www.audacitymodels.com/produc...4-43C8540C22E0 ) in stock like the carbon boom supports. What he has had in stock is all the stock parts that I could possibly want to get the bird back into the air. His parts stock has been excellent in my opinion.

On a side note, the Pantera has been a very durable bird when it has had those moment that it has struck earth. Compared to my Goblin 500, it usually costs me less to get it back into flying condition. This is why I fly my P 50 more then any of my helis.
tealc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2015, 07:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Dan,

You astutely question parts support first when investigating a new product. If more folks did this fewer would get burned (not a reference to MinAir specifically but to the many helis, which hit the market only to quietly disappear). Or are effectively orphaned because the manufacturer only has interest is making a new model and ceases support of the older version (try, for example, to buy parts for some JR helis). Then there's the very popular Hirobo Sceadu, or these days, the nitro-versions of Raptors from Thunder Tiger. Then there are relatively modern (and expensive) models like a Synergy N9. Plus Robbe's entire lineup. To say nothing of the raft of Chinese models, e.g the Outrage line, the RJX Knight series, plus Compass and a slew of others which are still around but once they redesign the model, their interest in supporting older versions goes out the window! In short, you are wise to be careful because there are a lot of fly by night companies who tout their new wares, attract early adopters and then when things don't work out perfectly, disappear (some only to pop later with a new distributor hoping to make a go of it), but regardless . . . there goes parts support!

Anyway, while I'm late to this thread, I'm glad to see folks letting you know their experience with Audacity Models. That, and I'm appreciative of their recognition regarding our strong parts support. Naturally, I can't predict the future but what is established fact is our history, which goes like this; our original product, the Tiger 50 was discontinued in 2006. To date - 8 years later - we're still supplying parts!

Regarding our Pantera 50 product, which was discontinued 2 years ago, ditto. Our feelings are a helicopter could be made of gold, but absent spare parts, not be worth a pound of salt. Naturally, parts for the Pantera P6 are readily available as well. And as someone mentioned, they bounce pretty well (instead of shattering when they hit the ground wiping out $150 worth of frames or a $100 tail boom).
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2015, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all the feedback! I have been flying a Fury extreme with an O.S. .91, and also a couple of 1001s, with 60s in them. I have really been stocking up on parts for the discontinued models i have, but now fear crashing while learning new moves! This summer i may be buying an new nitro, and Pantera sounds like its right for me.
Seems to me that all the 600 and 700 manufactures are locked in the upgrade everything cycle about every two years. Leaving us holding the bag on old helis! I"ll be spending more time in this forum, lots of enthusiasm here it seems! Anyone in the Wis. Illinois border area?
flyin dan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2015, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm up in Canada - a long way from the warm, sunny skies of Florida. Yet JB has been awesome when it comes to support. Yes, after an "oopsie"... it does take me a little longer to get parts from him (the LHS around here are devoted to the fly-by-night brands, and seem to have the same attitude - anything to get a sale, then nothing).

Having said that, the P6 is a tank (actually, completely unlike a tank in the air, just bulletproof - a very sweet flying helicopter), so crashes are not the big issue they would be.

My P6 is the first flybarless heli I've gotten; I did the Red Neck Flybarless mod, works really well. Your flybarless head cost you $150? Hahah... mine cost me about 16 bucks!!

I like my first one so much, I'm waiting for the nice man to bring me a second one to be chopped up and used as the mechanics of a scale Hind gunship with a 5 blade rotorhead. I trust the helicopter that much.

ed
Medic33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2015, 09:00 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

$16? Why so expensive? Haha!

JK. I must have already had spare washout arms from my Tiger 50.

Pantera P5 50 RNFBL, Blade 130X, mcpx, Gaui X5 FES
flyingquisinart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 08:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Heheh...

You nailed it - I wanted to keep my original washout arms intact, so I got a new pair as well as the long bolts from JB...

here's another cool think about Panteras.... They don't really mind flying in the cold. Had mine out yesterday at -18°C, she loved the cool, dense air. kept the Lipos in my jacket until just before, got 11 minutes of cruising.

However, thank the heli gods for my transmitter mitt!

ed
Medic33 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2015, 10:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am the type of guy that likes to keep my helis flying for years. I do not have nor do I want to buy a new heli every year or two just because they discontinued a model to make unnecessary changes on the new model. I have got burnt in the past for that exact reason.

I bought a Pantera years ago as my first heli. I still have two Panteras today and I can still get parts for them and they are great flying helis.

I would recommend anybody to purchase a new P6 or used Pantera without a worry that you can get parts and support for years to come.

Thank you John for filling this niche in our hobby as it is much appreciated.
pita is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

When folks share experiences like this, I know we're on the right track. Thank you!
AMA # 47381, IRCHA #745
jbeech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2015, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pantera 50

Hi guys, just cruisin' by and thought I might drop a few comments off. I'm like Pita and I think that the Pantera is one heck of a heli and it's my goto model most of the time. I did have a mishap when I first flew it and the tail drive pulley came apart because I had over tightened the belt but I got away with it and found a JR alloy pulley to replace the original plastic one and job done. It's as tough as old boots and whilst it's a bit on the porky side it's absolutely great for looping, rolling and flipping at a rate I can keep up with (cos I'm old now, oh where did it all go). With regards to spares it's great to know that I can still get them from JB, but I've been lucky enough to mop up some complete kits (5 to date) here in the UK for less than the cost of the average crash repair. Clock the clutch as close as you can, keep your eye on the belt tension and the tail pitch mechanism, do some routine checks as you should and enjoy a trustworthy heli that will not let you down, thats been my experience with the Pantera.
evolusia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in