Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

rakon just came out with this...it may fix all problems.

http://www.rakonheli.com/cnc-al-dfc-...x-150-dfc.html
shinybrute is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2014, 11:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeah, just spotted that thread myself. They do look nice, and I have reasonably good luck with Rakon parts. That said, all I need is a new head, and that's on £6.00 ish. It's weird though. I've not read a single other report about first batch helis having bad heads.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Cyclic wobble? - add washers to head?

Did you get this sorted? My 150 has the same problem.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
abit late is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2014, 07:23 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybrute View Post
rakon just came out with this...it may fix all problems.

http://www.rakonheli.com/cnc-al-dfc-...x-150-dfc.html
This should be interesting to see the results. I have a strong feeing that this little heli is going to be a lot like my 130X but once you finally do find the right upgrades and fixes then it is going to be great. There were times I wanted to just get rid of the 130X but now that I finally have it dialed in it is my favorite micro. My Trex 150 has the same issues as the OP's. Before I take the shotgun approach with it, I plan on just sitting back for a while to see what works and what doesn't. I don't want a $400 Trex 150 as I already own a $400 micro with the 130X.
I'm a helicopter man and I can't seem to stop. I love to give my birds a whirl to the music of an old jukebox - but when my lipo's all gone I'm on the telephone saying hey hey momma can your daddy come home.
pitmaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2014, 10:11 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've tried CF main shaft, new main gear, new spindle, new tail motor, re-mount MRS 3 different times, balancing blades w/ Align tool, Align metal swash, O-rings, extra washers in the head, but none of them completely solved the cyclic wobble problem for me.

After 2 months I finally solved the problem: turn the roll rate dial to maximum (4 o'clock), while leaving the gain dial at 12 o'clock. Also, increasing the normal mode throttle curve to 0-40-70-80-90 helped to reduce vibration from main motor and reduce tail wag.

What happened to me was that with roll rate dial at 2 o'clock or less, throttling up with or without the main blades caused both the aileron and pitch servos to jitter up and down, causing wobble. At first I thought the wobble was caused by the main blades being unbalanced, but even without the blades the 2 front servos jitters rapidly. But the servos became rock-steady when I crank up the roll rate to max.

I think this is because the roll rate dial controls the servo voltage, so smaller roll rate means smaller servo voltage (speculation).

With these setting, my 150 finally feels like a T-Rex, with very quick, precise and robotic aileron and elevator movements. All without O-rings or extra washers in the head, or even CF main shaft! Yeah!

Hope this helps someone.
cm930 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 08:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Digging up an old thread but Ive been having the same problem on my Trex 150 - cyclic wobbles at gain higher than 12 oclock. Have added the oring mod on the servos and swash, changed main shaft to CF, changed feathering shaft and it continued. Remounted MRS, no change. what fixed it for me was 1 extra washer on the head. 2 were too tight and the head was notchy, 1 was enough. Tightened it up nicely and now I've turned the gain all the way to max with roll rate a few clicks over the lowest position and it is rock solid!
jgiannakas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in