Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > HobbyWing ESC's

HobbyWing ESC's HobbyWing ESC Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2015, 08:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 100A Platnum pro V3 Keep beeping

I am building a new model, I have a Ikon FBL with the Hobbywing platinum pro V3 ESC. I programed the ESC with the Hobbywing program box before I installing it. Plugged every thing in, and tried to set throttle end points but the esc wont let me, all I get is the 123 tone indicating that the esc has power followed by short beeps about one second apart. I cant even access my Ikon com port, as I tried to program my Ikon. I can't even enter stick program mode, same 123 tone then short beeps about one second apart. Any advice would be much appreciated. THANK YOU.
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2015, 10:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So far under explanation for warning tones, the beeps seem to indicate (throttle signal loss). Any ideas how to fix this problem? I am running 2 spectrum DSMX satellites which are binded, I have a steady orange lite on both.
Old 10-11-2015, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know the Ikon, but you need to verify that the throttle signal to the ESC is correct for setting the throttle end points. In other words, you must have throttle high when powering up the ESC, then you should get two beeps after which you move the throttle low. If you don't get the two beeps, then the throttle signal is probably not correct.
FrankFuss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried that it did not work. I think the problem is the ikon unit, as I can not connect to it, so its stopping the signal for the ESC. I can connect my other ikon FBL up no problem, but I for some reason I can not connect this one up. I am starting to think I have a bad ikon. I have set up at least 6 other ikon's with no problem. I went ahead and ordered another ikon FBL. Perhaps some think is different with this newer ikon, like it may need a special driver. Thank You
Old 10-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you cant connect to it how did you bind the sats?

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2015, 06:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyon187 View Post
If you cant connect to it how did you bind the sats?
Some one showed me a easy way bind sat a long time ago. I set up a new model on my radio then connect the sat to a my spare spectrum AR8000 receiver on the bench with a battery, bind it, then install the sat on my model. Since I am using two sat I have to do it twice.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like more work to me especially when you can just bind them when your setting up your fbl unit.

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2015, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyon187 View Post
Sounds like more work to me especially when you can just bind them when your setting up your fbl unit.
Probably is more work, but there was a time when this was the only way some would bind including a couple satellites that I had. Its been a few years since I have seen this problem. There is nothing worse then coming to a complete stop on your bird when you can not figure something out, some people will try anything. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default beeps

Not sure what causes this or how to fix it. I have seen 3 of them go into this beeping. All had to be sent in to HW for warranty. If there is a fix that will work at home i need to know. Some say back feeding voltage threw fbl to the esc does it. I'm not 100% buying that. I have not had it happen to me yet. Knocking on wood. I have 2 of them. All working perfect.

HoudiniRCHeli Podcast
rspiegel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, the problem was a bad Ikon, sorry for the late post. I installed another new Ikon and everything was good. This was the first time that I got a bad one out of the box. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in