Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2016, 09:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So far I've yet to hear of many (any?) other people having this issue. So I guess you can either send in your setup and ask them to figure out where the problem coming from, or adjust your termination voltage. One thing about the Bump that is unfortunate is we have less control over termination settings - that may be something Kelly can rectify going forward by enabling the BC to access the presets on the powerlab.
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply.

It's not a vital problem and I have been using it like I said regardless.

I definitely don't want to send it away at this time of year if I don't have to of course. If it bothers me enough come winter I will send it in to get checked.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Being able to update the Powerlab settings/presets is on their list of upcoming features for the BUMP app.

On my setup, the batteries are usually hitting 4.202-ish as the charge reaches it's end, but as soon as the charge current stops, the cells are bang on 4.200.

So, your charger may need a little calibration tweak? I really don't think a few thousandths of a volt is going to cause any harm though??? My older chargers only go to 2 digits of accuracy, so I wouldn't even know if they were doing this or not.

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2016, 10:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I get as high as 4.26 but that still isn't the end of the world. I'm sure I will see more DPL8's in Montreal this weekend, and I can see what others end up with in person.
Old 11-21-2016, 09:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Something to try

I have consistent high IR,( about double than the rest ) on my packs big and small. My end charging result was okay, cell one only 0.03-0.05 volts higher than the rest on my batt checker.

I've read some where that the high IR on the first or the last cell is due to some resistance on the main lead, so I checked on my MPA. I have the Deans Connectors' version and I uses lots of adaptors, I have the habbit of put the adaptors on the battarys first then connect to the MPA, so after reapeated use the Deans have lots of black stuff, burns from the sparks.

Cleaned the black stuff off with alcohol, used a thin screw driver to work on the spring on the connector so my adaptors can fit more tightly.

Problem Solved, all cells show same IR and no overcharging
BlackWatch88 is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in