Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default lipo batt help

have no idea new to helis im a big nitro car and truck person but.... i recently bought my father an esky belp cp for x-mas got it ready to fly took it out said and everyone knows what happened off the ground about a foot and rolled over exploded the blades and head assemble.. anyways to the question only getting about 10 min on stock lipo what is the best size to upgrade to so have more time to practise hovering any and all input very gratefull thanks justin
hightech08419 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 10:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

10 minutes is way too long to run the stock battery! you should get about 7 minutes tops otherwise you are destroying your battery. Have a volt meter handy and check the pack you never want to go below 11.25 volts. A 2200mah 20c lipo should be good you should get around 9 minutes max with a stock setup.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Doesnt matter what size you upgrade to, 10 min from a lipo is pretty good going.
My suggestion would be get more batteries and a decent charger rather than putting a heavier battery in a set up that is getting 10min flights.

I fly a trex 450 and a 500 now and if I get a 7min flight I think I have done pretty well.

The only way to increase flight time is more batteries. I have 5 for the 500 and 4 for the 450. This keeps me in theair for a little under an hour without a charge.
A nitro bird may get you a couple of minutes more.

If you wanted to spend the money on a gasser you could get super long flights. 30 mins or more.

Darin
mCPX
Real_Sparky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2009, 02:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

today i had a 7 minute flight on the stock battery (its been well used) and my charger put back 1330mah so thats under the 80% rule, so i was very suprised with that.....and it was a hard flight....lots of full negative and positive pitch inputs.
Now i wouldnt go longer than 7 or 7.5 minutes on that battery. If you want more time on the sticks get a simulator if you dont already have one.
legine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default lipo batt help

thanks guys you are all alot of help the other thing i have noticed im using stock charger and it never seems to go to a solid green light so i am definatly going to get a better lipo charger will a dischager work on lipos also
hightech08419 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The stock charger takes 4-6 hours just wait longer! If you are running the stock lipo for 10 minutes not fully charged that is really bad! Lipos catch fire from over charge or over discharge! Never discharge more than 80% of the total capacity. The ESKY charger is very safe trust it wait it out. I suspect this is why it is taking so long you are over discharging! Set a timer for 6mins 30 seconds when you fly and be on the ground when 7 minutes is up! Then check your lipo for voltage the minimum voltage is 11.25v if you are lower very bad for your lipo and shorten the flight time! Please take my advise you will thank me later!

EDIT: BTW investing in a good charger will help a lot and can tell you how many MAH you put back in. they are also way faster than the ESKY charger.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have an Align RCC-4CX charger I am trying to get rid of:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=115769

Will charge a 3s little under an hour if I remember correctly.

T-Rex 600 GF, 600XL, Stock ESC, 11t, Align DS610's, s9251,GY601 gyro, AR6200, ZIPPY 6s1P FOREVER!
testpilot58d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in