Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Hirobo Nitro Helicopters > Hirobo Electric Helicopters

Hirobo Electric Helicopters Hirobo Lepton EX, Quark and other Electric Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2006, 10:36 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah but still. Your trex will be doing tic toc, Wild 3D. I bet Lepton can do that also.

Trex Got oval shape round gears.. but it flies crazy.

If you crash on Trex450 .. its cheap. On Lepton.$$$. lol.... yeah Hirobo is a good Choice if you dont crash too much.

Dont get me wrong I love the Hirobo quality... I just hope I dont crash it like my Trex
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

SuperTrex, with the money your spending sounds like you should not worry.
Let's see:
A 9Z radio, then a 14MZ, a TRex 600 and all the top stuff, a Lepton, and SE, etc etc etc.... Your a crazy man

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

MORE IMPORTANTLY...

And more importantly at this point is why are the replacement parts so prohibitively expensive???

For example, who needs an unobtanium main shaft that requires a second on my house? Give me a high quality steel one!! :wink:
Rockohaulic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2006, 07:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Interesting perspectives on this heli. I can tell you first hand that I had 3 TREX machines I sold at the Chattanooga event that cost the same or more $$ than a Lepton ready to go, each. Personally I think the Lepton is a great deal for what you are getting. No heli is goign to make everybody happy, but try to compare a G4 TREX with hot servos a Jazz, hot motor (my Lehner was 165.00 for the motor only) etc, and this Lepton machine is VERY REASONABLY PRICED. Say what you want everybody, but anyone who has ever run a hot TREX, or 3 of them like me realizes just how good of a bargain the lepton really is. The lepton has a big heli "presence" it is no TREX. It is a goo dbit larger and the Presence IMHO is WAY bigger and a lot more worth the big bucks a hot TREX or Lepton costs either one.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Gotta agree with that Will based on building this thing so far.... MAN if it flys like it goes to gether.... WATCH OUT!

Anyway just posted steps 17 and 18-19. Some good build tips for the new person or Trex person going ot the Lepton.

Bob
Old 06-23-2006, 08:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
For example, who needs an unobtanium main shaft that requires a second on my house? Give me a high quality steel one!!
lol... I hear ya!

Well Bob unfortunateyl I didnt get a chance to buy that 14MZ due to its already Sold when im about to order it. but its ok... My 9Z can manage.

Anyways.... you still havent told us what Motor, ESC servos your gonna use on the lepton?

If I dont have a part time Job theres no way I can afford this.

You have no Idea Bob whenever I crash and I have to explain my new Bills to my wife :cool:

She said might as well crash the trex450 but not that Hirobo !!!! lolzzz

3 Months on this hobby.

and already spend more than $5,780 all in all included Trex600, lepton. Trex450 9Z, servos battery etc...

I cant immagine how much you veterans already spent lolz....
Old 06-23-2006, 08:13 PM   #27 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

OK OK I will tell ya.

FOr now I am gong HS85 MG (metal gears) and later will go digital with the Airtronics 94761's but for video purposes am using a servo many may use and they are cheap.

I am going 4S setup with a Hyperion 3025-10 and an Align 75 ESC.
Tail will be a 401 gyro with 9650 (later a frame mode for 9253).
4S Light Storm 20C 3700 packs... MAN was that a hit to the credit card for 4 packs!

What else you want to know?

Personally I think this will be a HOT electric heli I dont care the cost. HELL I own a Vibe 90 so if your going to fly the BEST your going to have to go for it!!!!!

Now I with hold my final opinion of this machine once I fly it but I have a feeling the Trex MAY become 2nd choice when I fly.... We shall see.

Bob
Old 06-23-2006, 10:46 PM   #28 (permalink)

Laurens

Quote:
I can't compare lipo to nitro though, I get far more flights per euro from one lipo then fuel.
Care to share the details of your calculation on this :?
Gazzer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2006, 10:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Gazzer,
Heli fuel is MUCH more expensive in some coutnries. Those countries are a big part of why electric copters are getting so popular.

TerryBelanger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryBelanger
Gazzer,
Heli fuel is MUCH more expensive in some coutnries. Those countries are a big part of why electric copters are getting so popular.
Terry, I'm sure that fuel prices do vary considerably but I've yet to see a real world calculation, from any country, that proves conclusively that electric is indeed cheaper than nitro flight. I mean considering flight times etc.... which seems to be about one nitro flight time is equivalent to about 2 e-heli flights. As to the popularity of e-heli's. I fully understand the reason for the popularity of the mini e-helis...... they do have distinct adavantages being small, light, easy to carry, fly anyhere. What I have problems with is understanding the advantage of 50 class e-helis :?
Gazzer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2006, 12:21 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I fully understand the reason for the popularity of the mini e-helis...... they do have distinct adavantages being small, light, easy to carry, fly anyhere. What I have problems with is understanding the advantage of 50 class e-helis
AND cheap to crash !!!!

Anthing bigger than a T Rex will result in an empty wallet very quick.
Unless you are well off, a T Rex cannot be beat.

I also fly very confidently knowing my T Rex did not break the bank,
and not having to worry about crashing.

Finless has probably been through 100 K in helis, if not more.

:wink:
Ultraviolet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2006, 12:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Nope but maybe around 20K....

Bob
Old 07-01-2006, 02:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

What about the cost of the freebies ?
Ultraviolet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2006, 07:48 AM   #34 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
We are actively working on getting him more helis to do his excellent build vids on. Look for some more soon.

The TREX can be cheap in stock form, or it can cost quite a bit when you doink your hopped up blinged out TREX, it is all in how you equip and fly them just like most other helis. Overall, I think E-Helis are a good bit more expensive than Nitro helis, although they are coming down as they get more and more popular.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:08 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, I know this has been beat to death...

But I just got back from my LHS and they had the Align Trex 600 there for $619. I thought well, $650 for the Lepton is in the ballpark. The Trex 600 is a bigger kit, but the Hirobo is higher quality. Blah blah blah.

Then I found out the Trex 600 kit for $619 comes with a motor and ESC/BEC!! :!:

What gives Hirobo!! :?: :?:

On top of that, Finless & others are saying that the Hirobo kit needs some work (bigger tail blades and tail fin to start), but the Trex 600 is fine right out of the box! What's wrong with this picture??
Rockohaulic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2006, 10:54 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Check out Ebay! A few Hirobo Leptons bidding kinda low. Hmmmm......
Heli Pod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Why is the lepton $650??
Well, not eveyone is selling the Lepton for $650. Ricks has them listed as $600, and Heliproz a little bit more than that.

I own a Lepton and now have 4-5 flights on it. Let me just say that it is an awesome little heli. My favorite in the fleet right now.

That being said, the Lepton is a tad over priced. I think that Ricks has it the right way for $600.

I almost feel robbed having preordered it and puting down a deposit only to have mine show up when everyone else got theirs and all retailers started carrying it for $50 less than what I paid.
Person is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockohaulic
On top of that, Finless & others are saying that the Hirobo kit needs some work (bigger tail blades and tail fin to start), but the Trex 600 is fine right out of the box! What's wrong with this picture??
Align has deep pockets selling over 40,000+ T-Rex's and had the Szabos and Jason Kruase do the final test flights for it.

Just a guess :mrgreen:
Old 07-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The 600 is not without it's own issues. Take a look at the other forums and others have reported issues with the washout arms breaking, dampers not holding up for 3D, links being brittle, etc... No new heli is without issues.
Gscott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #40 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gscott
Quote:
The 600 is not without it's own issues. Take a look at the other forums and others have reported issues with the washout arms breaking, dampers not holding up for 3D, links being brittle, etc... No new heli is without issues.
Yea I have seen the reports of the links breaking. I do as Align does think it is how the users are snapping them on! USE a ball link tool folks... I had no issues and used a tool for every link as i do with all my big helis. The 450SE gave people bad habits as those links can take abuse in how they are put on or removed.

I am not trying to say this is a PERFECT kit but I do believe after seeing 6 of these built that there is some user error here on these failures.

But bottom line after building and flying both what you are talking about here is different. I am saying the Trex600 is designed correct out of the box. The Lepton still needs some changes in DESIGN. e.g. The trex doesnt need new tail blades to hold the tail. The Lepton does. That was the intended point.

Bob

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in