Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > X400 and MX400

X400 and MX400 Ark X400 and HeliMax MX400 Helicopters Information

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Finally, a full metal head with Helimax/Ark parts:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p0003058.jpg (410.1 KB, 423 views)
File Type: jpg p0003054.jpg (394.5 KB, 409 views)
kenpsych is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2006, 12:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Its looking good ken, nice seeing all that red. Hows that fly? I know the alumi parts give more pitch and cyclic (playing with parts on other 400's).
Don"t make me list 'm all !
Raven_darkcloud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 12:43 PM   #23 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_darkcloud
Its looking good ken, nice seeing all that red. Hows that fly? I know the alumi parts give more pitch and cyclic (playing with parts on other 400's).
In a word or two, "more responsive" on both collective and cyclic. Just a more crisp response on the controls. And yes, it does look good! Here's a couple of pics with the all "red head":
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p0003065.jpg (431.5 KB, 394 views)
File Type: jpg p0003064.jpg (430.9 KB, 379 views)
Old 10-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

That just looks sweet!
dbethel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2006, 03:40 PM   #25 (permalink)

I am getting my MX400 Pro on Monday from Tower Hobbies. I can't wait to do that to mine! FYI Tower hobbies has a good deal going on right now on those, they have the Pro for $249.99, then minus a $20.00 instant rebate for spending $150.00 or more, then a $40.00 rebate from Helimax. Just thought I would let you guys know. I can't wait to get it in the air!
Old 10-07-2006, 03:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbethel
I am getting my MX400 Pro on Monday from Tower Hobbies. I can't wait to do that to mine! FYI Tower hobbies has a good deal going on right now on those, they have the Pro for $249.99, then minus a $20.00 instant rebate for spending $150.00 or more, then a $40.00 rebate from Helimax. Just thought I would let you guys know. I can't wait to get it in the air!
That's a great price. I only got mine back in June for $290. GrandRC has the MX450XS ARF for $340 but it need motor and sc: http://www.grandrc.com/inc/sdetail/38277

Good luck, welcome to the club!
Old 10-07-2006, 10:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wish the x400 bling came in more then just red. I will soon get a close look at the new alumi head for the 400 that has bearings in it for the seesaw.
Don"t make me list 'm all !
Raven_darkcloud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2006, 07:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

I got my MX 400 Pro today. Here are a few pics. I know its nothing special yet, but I am really excited. Mods will be coming very soon![/img]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg helicopter_609.jpg (783.0 KB, 408 views)
File Type: jpg helicopter_001.jpg (765.3 KB, 339 views)
Old 10-10-2006, 12:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a heads-up, MX-450 is $289 now at Towerhobbies. Comes with all the bling you need. Use the cupon code on the front page and its $269. 00. I got one! Weeeeeeeeee!!!!

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMAE5&P=7

Below is a picture of the MX-450 next to a blinged Mx-400, and also a couple of pictures of my mod, a battery tray. Also, I thought I might share, an idea for a free yet effective carrying case for the heli. Glue the sides of the box the heli comes in shut, and open the box from the top. I made a blue styrofoam insert to keep the boom in place and thats it. Pretty handy. And did I mention free?

Helder22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2006, 06:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: New "Mods"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpsych
Here's my "budget" no parts needed, top gyro mount mod: :glasses2:

I may have to drill the two front holes but for now it holds quite well...
Okay gents, I am getting a feeling here that there is an issue with the flybar trashing the gyro which is something I wasn't aware of as a problem. How common is this as an issue??

Thanks
Byron
byzcol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Okay gents, I am getting a feeling here that there is an issue with the flybar trashing the gyro which is something I wasn't aware of as a problem. How common is this as an issue??
Not too common, but the gyro is usually the most expensive single component on the heli and paddle strikes do occur. If gyros were cheap as servos, then I wouldnt worry about it, but....

My only concern with moving the gyro mount is that it will then be difficult to strap the gyro down with a velcroe strap. I have seen many crashes due to failed gyro tape and like to have the strap for extra assurance. Of coarse I dont like having my gyro hit by a paddle either.
Squirrlybird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2006, 01:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My only concern with moving the gyro mount is that it will then be difficult to strap the gyro down with a velcroe strap.
Drill a hole in each side of the mount and/or frame and run a nylon tie thru them and around the gyro. Tom
t.edwards is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2006, 09:34 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right on guys, lookin' good. I can't wait to get my MX450 on Monday. I got it for $269.99 with a free Heli-Max pitch guage and the $40 manufacturers credit...sweet deal I think. Plus my brother paid for $50 of it as a birthday present. I'm new to heli's so any suggestions on my first upgrades? (I know what you're thinking, I haven't even got it yet and am already thinking of upgrades...) I was thinking of getting Hyperion's Diamond Carbon blades...
Entropy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aluminum Tail Boom Servo Mount is a must. the heli comes with practically everything else. I just bought one too. Great stuff!

And dont get that motor that Tower suggests for that heli. Its VERY heavy, I ghot it and was very surprised. Im not going to use it thats for sure. Im going to use a 450th instead.

BTW if youre new to helis. you might want to consider using wood blades for a while. Wood blades break much easier in a crash, and its better to break a blade than the head.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

So what is the purpose of mounting the tail servo on the boom? Does it help with making it more stable or does it help tail performance or both? I kinda like the look of it tucked away better...So would you recommend the 450TH over say like a Medusa 3500?
Entropy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

The servo on the boom makes it a lot easier to adjust cause you just slide the servo a little up and down the boom and youre set. It may not seem like something of great importance at first but its actually really handy . Take a look at pictures of peoples choppers and youre likely to notice that almost everyone does it.

I chose the 450th after looking at this article:
http://www.trextuning.com/3s-supertest.php

The Medusa does in fact seem to be the best motor in terms of performance, but the 450th comes in at a very close second, and with 3 advantages: price , weight and power consumption.

Since right now my skills nowhere near the point where the last 1% in performance from the motor are going to make any difference, I opted for the 450th, which while at a very respectable second place among so many motors, will give me the chance to fly for longer (and thus giving me a chance to practice for longer)
Old 11-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi
Thanks for everybody's input, helped me a lot on getting started on a new hobby. I want to share my repair work on an MX400/X400 main gear, I went through a few of these gears while learning and experimented on repairing the gear, the gears are hard to come by especially here. i found that the outcome of the repair works better if the gear has at least 1/2 teeth left on the assy. I used a pinion to clean the damaged part, and an emery board to even it out, you need to remove the blades and SECURE the heli as you need to run it at a low rpm ( watch out for the tail rotor), clean the teeth again with the pinion an adjust the gear backlash accordingly.

Another way to do it with the gear out is to use a compass, mark the top part of the gear with a sharpie (dark color)use the main shaft as a guide for the compass and mark it as close to the edge as possible (for an even outline) and I have used a dremel with a beveled cutoff wheel to shape or to re-cut the gear tooth, install,adjust gear lash, and even it out with an emery board. Be safe.
Attached Thumbnails
97.0 KB - Views: 5

105.5 KB - Views: 4

109.6 KB - Views: 4

69.3 KB - Views: 5
skysoljah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2006, 07:22 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wait, hold on, why didn't my 'pro come with an aluminum head block? I just got it two weeks ago.

Is there a way I can call in and get the stock one?
BCP
and G3.5 every day makes the 3D happen!
hfgencollon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2006, 06:46 PM   #39 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Dean's Antenna

Here's the Dean's antenna. Nice to get rid of the old clothes line!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p0003071.jpg (451.3 KB, 394 views)
Old 02-13-2007, 01:20 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well here is my 400 with all the upgrades it`s probbaly a 450 by now.

CCPM upgrade
Microheli precision Tail Pro SE

Align 430L with 40AMP ESC 11T Pinion

I also did a Home made mod from tail servo to the tail 2MM Carbon rod
I then usedsome Ball links and thread.I then soaked the thread with CA and put heat shrink over that. No more z bends and No More Slop.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p2110001_161.jpg (693.5 KB, 400 views)
File Type: jpg p2130002.jpg (678.5 KB, 335 views)
File Type: jpg p2130001.jpg (657.6 KB, 345 views)
Kushal_22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in