Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2014, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default scale blade 600 w/naza H

Ok guys starting my blade 600 build into a costguard fuse with naza h. My qustion can I mount the gps inside the fiberglass fuse? Any input would be great!
tim.arf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 09:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You sure can. Just make sure the spot you pick can get a good compass calibration with everything in place, before you build a mount there.

Under a boom worked fine on my scaler:

SidewaysLS4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2014, 09:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I tried it with a trex 600 esp and a 600 size MD500 fuse... I placed the [MC] or GPS puck, which ever you prefer,... inside the fuse on the right side of the mechs on the wood former base plate that the mechs bolt to..... I measured and entered the correct distances in the software.... re calibrated the magnetic compass
I tried a couple of times but found that the puck is just to close to the electronics. In GPS mode the heli was very erratic and all over the sky.... In ATTI mode it was fine and flew great.. but in gps mode the motor and servos and esc are just to close and the naza will not perform correctly.

If you were going to install in something like a 206 Jet Ranger you could place the puck inside one of the horizontal stabilizer fins by dremmeling out a circle in the top of one of the fins... but a blackhawk or jayhawk the only place to mount is the tail boom.

Last edited by StripedGear; 07-29-2014 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: edit
StripedGear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, you really have to get that puck out back in the boom area it seems. I tried to have it in the front area of my 600 size AS350 fuselage, as well as behind the main shaft area...but couldn't get a good compass calibration. Only good place was the boom area.
SidewaysLS4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in