Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion

KDS Helicopters General Discussion KDS Helicopters General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2014, 03:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default KDS450SV parts compatibility

Hey everyone. I bought a KDS450SV used and I have a few questions.

I would like to know what parts are compatible with what versions of Align or other helis. If there are incompatibilities can larger assemblies be replaced to make them compatible. Which ones.

What are the weak points on this bird so I can stock up on those parts or

What are the recommended mods and changes to make.

What is a good parts source. Prefer Canada or Asia sellers. US based sellers are ok as long as they will ship USPS. Couriers like FedEx brutally abuse us at the border. $70+ brokerage fees. Even if customs lets it through free.

Thank you for any help you can give keeping this bird in the sky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I believe the align 450 sport parts are 95% compatible thats how kds started out,making trex clones lol and other electronics ,in canada snhobbys.com might still have kds parts for less than half price they seems to be getting rid of kds models and parts ,other than that just go on ebay and look at 450 sport parts, tons of clone parts on there cheap ,dirt cheap and there all bolt on parts for kds kinda makes me wonder why there kits are so much now a days
kachur779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2014, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the link.

I have no idea what the 5% is. I want to stock up on those parts if possible.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bump
Old 03-02-2014, 04:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bump. Anyone?
Old 04-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

yo dude I have a kds 450 sv and just finished a rebuild on a second hand machine and i;m learning 6 channel flying . I found parts at www.rc-fever.com, aliexpress.com (some products free shipping, try also oomodel.com .If you hunt online you can find them. Upgrades etc sv all metal so its already pretty nice. I have seen tho on other threads FBL versions with bigger motors better servos etc and were pumping . As for mine no crashes yet mostly flying indoors at the moment and learning (buzzing) !!!! Mine is tail heavy a little so careful when you set the tail tension and tail servo positioning this may come into play when you later do centre gravity check, mine was way off and had to move electronics a bit as i didnt want to move the near perfect tension of the tail.

My thoughts were ,slightly heavier battery on the way, Later perhaps carbon fibre boom if i can find one to fit and carbon tail blades ?? Oh and i've seen on other threads also 500 sized landing skids fitted for better ground clearance (more weight?). I havent tried this tho mine is stock apart from new metal gear servos

Anyway just some things that spring to mind re my own rebuild of the KDS 450 sv Cheers Andy, I'll check for you later some more sites to find parts
chingie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 Shafts are compatible with Align Pro, But...

I use the KDS umbrella gear tail shaft on an Align 450 Pro. It's a drop in replacement and is actually an improvement over Align in that the KDS is about 1/8" longer and allows you to use Aligns original longer dogbones to acheive much greater travel both ways. My old solution was to grind a new flat on the Align shaft and let the hub hang over the end, but that's not ideal.
NOTE: I just made another post on this... the KDS gears seem to consitently arrive cracked along their length and sheer off the shaft very easily. I've written to customer support but haven't yet received a reply.
String is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in