Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default reversed rudder gyro...

wondered if anybody has had this to happen to there rx ? a couple of guys on a different forum changed there servos and after doing so there rudder gyro suddenly reversed itself..the heli would just spin ccw really fast...i came up with a way for them to solve it but the gyro is still reversed...what i suggested was to flip the rx over and it would correct the ccw rotation...but they had to turn off the 3 axis in order to fly it..they just mounted the rx where the battery goes and put the battery where the rx originally at..they never said weather or not putting back the stock servos corrected the problem...any input you guys have might help out...

thanks and happy flying...
magicmarty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Do you mean the stick inputs are reversed, like rudder right now ='s rudder left?
If so it must be the way the wires are phased on the new servos. curious,I will look into it.

Just checked:
red= positive
black= negative
orange, yellow, black/white= signal.
I would think reversing the pos. and neg on the new servos will reverse the direction of them.

Steve
ERRATIC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2011, 07:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

no the servo to stick movement is correct...the actual gyro reversed itself,when the gyro needs to put right pitch to hold the heli straight it instead is giving left pitch...the heli just spins rapidly ccw .....when they mounted there rx where the battery goes and placed the battery where the rx was it corrected the problem, but there rx is mounted upside down..
Old 04-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is an interesting read, that may help.

http://www.princeton.edu/~mae412/TEX...02/292-302.pdf

Steve
Old 04-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Marty yeah i think i'm just going to leave the rx upside down. I'll try learning that way. And for that new rx i got i still can't get it to bind up. For the money I' ve spent on this Ufly i should of got a 450. I like that slip thing you guys doing to the tail. With all the parts i have i started to build and tail like that hope it works for me my luck lol
NB Jess is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This may be a dumb thought on my part, but is it possible the rudder setting on the TX is in reverse mode?

Steve
Old 04-25-2011, 08:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERRATIC BIRD View Post
it must be the way the wires are phased on the new servos. curious,I will look into it.

Just checked:
red= positive
black= negative
orange, yellow, black/white= signal.
I would think reversing the pos. and neg on the new servos will reverse the direction of them.
It won't reverse the direction of the servo, it will make the servo stop working completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERRATIC BIRD View Post
This may be a dumb thought on my part, but is it possible the rudder setting on the TX is in reverse mode?
That would reverse the servos response to the stick but it would NOT cxhange the servos response to the gyro.
the collective is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

its happened to two guys on rcdicuss forum and both instances they switched to different servos before the rudder gyro reversed itself...the gyro still works as does the servo...its just the gyro not the stick input is reversed....when they removed there rx and mounted it on the bottom upside down it corrected the gyro input....and the heli flew as it should...but with the rx on the bottom it changed the 3 axis gyros as well....i believe if the rx is rotated 90 degrees it should make it to where the 3 axis would be correct....just flip it to where the antenna is pointing to the rear instead of it pointing out towards the front...i don't know if they tried it yet but best i can figure is if mounted that way they can turn back on the 3 axis balance function...
Old 04-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Marty I try moveing the rx 90 degrees and instead of going ccw it go cw now. I'm just going to leave it upside down.
NB Jess is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 11:39 AM   #10 (permalink)

I switched to a corna 919 servo and had that happen,I could switch servo direction but the gyro input was reversed.It was the same story for all servo locations.Some servos aren't compatible with the uflys.Wish I new what spec to look for when buying servos?
Stevemech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea both times i read about and tried to help them with they switched servos and it happened...one guy used JR servos and the other used T-pro i think...im going to stick with the Henge servos cause i know for sure they work well...if one goes bad i will temporarily put one of the stock walkera servos back in until i get the replacement Henge in from China.......Hate it cause nobody in the USA carries them...
Old 05-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #12 (permalink)

I ordered some exi digital metal gear servos, guys have been using them on the v400d01 and some other Walkera models.I'll let you know if they work on the uflys.One of my henge 922 broke the gear case top ,so I used the top from the Corna 919 which looks identical.It worked like normal for a few flights on the tail till it just stoped working during a flight,minor crash but I fly over a jungle and I have spent hours searching for my uflys.I bought a lost model finder on eBay for $4 shipped, it works great!I like the Henge servos but I won't buy from Hobbie King ever again,40 days to Hawaii ,I get China eBay stuff in two weeks.So Henge servos have metal gears but the top splits easily from over torque,make sure your rudder isn't over traveling on rear rudder assembly!
Old 05-03-2011, 05:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB Jess View Post
Marty I try moveing the rx 90 degrees and instead of going ccw it go cw now. I'm just going to leave it upside down.
leave it upside down but rotate it to were the antenna is pointing towards the back, that way you can turn back on the 3 axis balance.....with the antenna pointing to the front the elevator gyro in the balance is reversed but rotating it will correct it back to normal...
Old 05-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

actually my rudder servo does go to far one way, i have tried everything i could think of to get it to stop but it still binds a bit...it only binds when the wk---adj switch is in the wk mode which from what i have read is like the heading hold on the gyro....i moved the link in one more hole on the servo arm and it helped a bit but still binds some...i worried if i move it to far in the servo wont be able to react fast enough to hold the tail...the further it goes in the slower the reaction time is on rudder linkage, gives it more torque but decreases the speed...

any suggestions on what i could do to get it to stop binding?
i might try moving the servo arm one more notch on the servo spline to see if that stops it but i have it way off from 90 degrees as is...
Old 05-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #15 (permalink)

Adjust linkage so that arm is at 90 when blades are in no pitch,then find spline that is close and fine tune from there.Set both switchs to the off side so that servo stays centered before adjusting!Not having mine centered caused my henge to crack !Lessen learned , I'm using my stock servo again for the tail for now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in