Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 01:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile MA Fury 55 FBL Build Thread

Copied from my thread on a UK forum, thought it may be of interest here too--

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Started my Fury 55 FBL today and i'm pretty happy about it all, i really like the MA kit, although its not without its faults.
So far, i've the got the airframe mechanically assembled, the servos mounted, and the canopy mounted. Tomorrow i'll start on electrical install and setup and hopefully get it maidened over the Xmas break.
Things i really like-
1) Its very cleverly designed in my opinion
2) The grey anodising looks cool
3) The canopy is really roomy, plenty of room for electronics
4) Very stiff and lightweight
5) Decent manual and parts breakdown
6) Minimal mods need to assemble
Things i've noticed with the kit that could be better so far are-
1) No specific FBL manual, just the FB one with an insert for the FBL head. This in itself isn't really a problem, the insert sheet is well written, but it does make it complicated when it comes down to bag numbers, what parts you have in your tray to go where, which balljoint is a 109, 107 with no shadow page etc etc
2) The fan/fan hub took quite a bit to balance up, had to take out more than i would have liked to really, could be a dodgy part i suppose.
3) Some bags had no sticker on them, this made it a bit complicated at first but isn't a big deal really.
4) I'm using a YS engine, and the optional lower under carriage brace, could do with a hole for the YS crankcase pipe, but easy to put in yourself.
5) Manual appears to not mention tightening the belt and then tightening the gyro plate screws.
I did take some build pictures but they haven't turned out very well, and now its pretty much assembled, i'm not stripping it back down for photos LOL.
I'd happily have another MA kit in the future from what i've seen so far

The build continues
Thanks
Matt

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, i think i'm virtually finished.
Build went ok, nice machine.
Hard to have neat wiring on it
Had to put washers under the RHS of the gyro plate to level it up after it had gripped the boom
Vbar setup wasn't very fun, i could probably do it quicker next time, i really don't like the tail setup on it, the limit adjust doesn't seem to be like any gyro i've ever used, just couldn't get it to travel properly. I'll have another go tomorrow.
DS650 is suspected of having a tooth missing on the gear (Brand New) i'll check it tomorrow aswell
And i need to set failsafe
The exhaust (Outrage Hyper Rage 56) is fouling the canopy, can you get exhaust spacers for '56 pipes?
Some pictures...

Spec is-
Fury 55 FBL Kit
Radix 600mm FBL Blades
Vbar Blueline Full Size V5
Align DS610 x4
Align DS650 x1
Spektrum Satelite Receivers x2
YS56 SR
Outrage Hyper Rage 56
Hayes Clunk Line
Align 2in1
Optional Undercarriage Brace
Thanks
Matt

Ok, checked it over again today and i'm much happier.
Turned out it was operator error with the Vbar and the tail servo, all gears etc where fine, i had the wrong servo selected in the Vbar software (You need the 9254 setting for a ds650). Once that was selected, it was easy to centre and set the end points for the tail.
Hot glued all the plugs
Sorted the front right cyclic servos wiring
Started the engine and set the idle
Set the failsafes
Programmed in the pitch and throttle curves for a maiden flight, and set up hold.
Its still a little tail heavy, going to add some weight to get it to level out, and when i know how much is needed, i'll buy a nice big battery pack.
So aside from the gasket/spacer for the exhaust, its all set for a maiden
Thanks
Matt

Nope, no maiden yet, i've sorted the c of g out but still need an exhaust spacer to fly it., plus the weather/conditions are still pants round here.
C of g required a pair of the align 2150 mah batteries, probably due to a light avionics layout. At least flight times shouldn't be a problem!
I'll take some photos of the finished setup and post them later
Matt

Here's the pictures of the ready to fly airframe, all except the exhaust fix.

Thanks
Matt

Todays installment
I decided to manufactuer an exhaust spacer
Locate suitable metal, cut, drill and file to size

Works great

Hoping to maiden it later on today
Matt

Maiden Flight done
A few issues, running no governor and i haven't adjusted my curves properly at the moment so the headspeed is all over the place.
The throttle arm/linkage/something contacts the canopy
Bit too much gain on the tail
Orientation a bit of a problem in todays overcast conditions.
Otherwise, an excellent first flight of the Fury, and first flight of FBL for me.
Matt

Turns out that the arm on the carb is on the wrong side

Thanks

Matt
Optifuel 20% SLV
StreetDragster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2010, 05:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Morning Everyone,
This morning i tackled the throttle linkage, turns out it was the ball link rubbing on the bulge for the exhaust in the canopy

So i set about adjusting the links and ended up with this arrangement, gave me the most clearance between the exhaust, canopy and fan shroud whilst still retaining full travel of the servo/carb arm.

I also upped the Vbars gain to 80 from 70, and reduced the Tail gyro gain a bit.
That'll do for a few weeks until the Governor feature is released, i'll stick with my Trex now and hopefully do some more learning rather than learning a new machine.
Thanks
Matt
Optifuel 20% SLV
StreetDragster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice work , Matt
Lets hear how it flies.
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
fbl, fury, fury 55, fury 55 fbl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in