Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Micro/Mini Helicopters > Zoom/Shogun 400

Zoom/Shogun 400 Electric - Zoom - Shogun 400 Specific Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2004, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default These things are frustrating

I don't have squat for flight time on it, and it spends more time waiting for parts. Yes, I know how to fly. Yes, I picked up the "better" ultemate gears and they suck too. Just the other night I barely touched the tail down and GRRRRRR!! there goes my input tail gear. The dang belt drive system can't get here fast enough.
So far, honestly, this thing has been a huge let down. I was hoping for a heli with flying characteristics and durability somewhere between my Raptor 50 and DF. My DF takes an incredible beating and keeps on ticking. My Raptor is amazingly versitile in the air. The damn Shogun hasn't been in the air enough to even see what it can really do yet. You breath to hard on it and the thing breaks.
From the get go, assembling the thing and I was not impressed. I should have stopped there and sent it back. Grrrr.... From the cheezy ass way you have to "fit" the servo pushrods to the gear mesh to the way the main gear rubbed the frame to the bent main mast (out of the box mind you) I should have just said no and packed it back up. But I'm a sucker. And they saw me coming
Here in VT we've got squat left for time to fly and I'm waiting for parts yet again. Pissed? Feeling taken advantage of? You bet. Anyone else feeling at all like I am?
j
StrangeRanger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2004, 01:17 AM   #2 (permalink)

one thing you should know. i too went through a few gears until i starting realizing that i shouldnt land on grass. 2 sets of gears in 5 flights. now i have over 35 flights on the same gears and they still look brand new. If i fly from the yard i take off and land on a piece of cardboard. Best way is taking off and landing on cement, concrete or the street. I know its frustrating. Patience is not one of my virtues either but trust me once you get this thing tuned in you will love it. especially with winter here.
vinrx7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2004, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't give up! I fly a Raptor with a Webra 36 also and bought the Shogun so I could fly it when I didn't have time to go to the field.
Mine had a few defects. A warped tail boom driveshaft that would vibrate the heli like crazy! Gyro problems and yes the minor sevo fit issue.
Call Global hobbies and tell them. They will[as they did me] send you anything you need and then some. They sent me a new driveshaft with gears plus also an improved driveshaft with bevel gears in the tail plus new tail rotor blade and tail bearings and I asked for the bag of bolts for the whole heli. It arrived at my door from CA to the NorthEast in 2 days ALL FREE!
Since I got it all dialed in now I am on the stock no bevel gears with a 400DH brushless and fly at least 30 to 40 minutes in the air a day. No problems if you get the mesh correct. It flyies as nice as my Raptor. I fly it in the wind with no problem with Like 90 Blades. It can vertically out climb my Raptor with ease and has a better power to weight ratio.
As stated in the post above,takeoff and land on a hard surface NOT grass.
See it through and I'm sure you will be as pleased as I with this product.
It still has shortcomings but the aftermarket is solving those minor things very quickly.
HANG IN THERE!!!
turboomni is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2004, 11:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like grass and these things arent a good mix... I bought the blue gears for front and back.... and a big carbon fin.. Looks like a must to land/take off from hard surface...

I put over $150 into the tail to get it just right, hope it pays off! Or I'll have an expensive paperweight

I flew one at the Brooks funfly and it was amazing! REally had a great time with it...

My first flights should be in the next few days

Mike
DrScoles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in