Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 07:50 AM   #661 (permalink)

Wow. I thought Align swash is stronger, unbreakable.

Anyway you fly better than me. Definitely more aggresive.

Parts for repair you can buy. Flying skill not.

Thanks for sharing details.
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2014, 04:33 PM   #662 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nothing is unbreakable in my hands! Guess there was a little excessive force on that arm! Didn't even notice the whole arm was bent until I just took this pic.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #663 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
-ouch- . . . . . . The ones that kinda annoy me are the ones that build and buy for 2-3 months and then never really stretch their legs out of fear. . So Kudo's to you. . .
I have this "fear". I can fly great on the sim but once I'm at the field, the fear kicks in
I hate it. I don't fly on a regular basis, and eveytime it feels like I have to get used to the heli again.
Maybe I should stop building helis and only fly them. This way I wouldn't feel the pain of the long time I put into it, to make it fly "perfect".
HK4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #664 (permalink)

This fear is healthy. I have seen boomstrike of taking off 700. Altitude was only few meters. It was only few meters away from me. Servo failed, plastic ball link broke. Noise and picture of self destructing 700 was paralysing.

It was not Assault. It was stretched 600. Earlier I did not realize how much power those rotating blades accumulate.

It did not stop me. Actually after repair it is one of my most reliable helis.

Call me *****. I do not care. I was hit by 700 blade in my arm. Heli was on the ground. I turned off throttle hold. Motor engaged at full throttle. Slant mod 1.0 main gear same as in Trekker stripped when blade hit my arm. Nothing serious only some bruises. Small 10*8 propeller of small plank powered with 3S lipo can hurt you more. Ask me why I know. It cuts skin like paper.

I am not a hero nor masohist. I just make mistakes from time to time.

Play safe or at least do your best and care for safety. Accidents happen. Look at some photos:
http://chrismeme11.over-blog.com/m/a...-36258812.html
Old 07-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #665 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yikes. I got dizzy of all that blood. It's an eye opener.
I did realy stupid things when I started this hobby with a 450 size heli: to adjust main blade tracking I held the heli in my hand, stretch my arm and check blade tracking at full rpm!
Old 09-02-2014, 10:49 AM   #666 (permalink)
Registered Users

Recieved my assault 700 yesterday and I must say the quality of these kits is nothing like hobbykings earliyer hk range of heli's they was terrible but these assault 700 are quality I look forward to the build
compass 7hv ult spirit pro, compass 7hv ult spirit pro, trex 550 spirit, gaui x3 spirit, mcpx bl, fms p51, mustang peter lynn twister 5.6, neXt sim, heli x sim, accurc sim, dx9 tm1000, powerlab 6x2, coolice 2500watt psu,
Djhandz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #667 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got 46 flights on mine. It's really a blast working on, and tweaking things on this 700. This started out as a beater build and slowly transformed this into mostly Align drive train as I started flying it harder. I wasn't liking my ESC temperatures, and my electronics run off a 3s lipo through a CC BEC pro, so I put an old computer fan on the speed controllers caps with the shrink wrap cut off for better ventilation. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409680212.880819.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	369.9 KB
ID:	533356

Just a 12v computer CPU fan running off a 3s lipo. It actually seems to be keeping the caps 'just warm.' The rest of the ESC is cool to the touch, so I assume the FET's are fine.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409680547.624889.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	533358

Don't get me wrong, the Assault 700 is the worst 700 out there right now. That being said, there's very little actually wrong with their newer kits. You can just buy the main gear hub spacers, cut a locking hole in the front end of your tail boom, and continue assembly as normal.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #668 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have align gears and swash but not hub spacers could you provide part no please
compass 7hv ult spirit pro, compass 7hv ult spirit pro, trex 550 spirit, gaui x3 spirit, mcpx bl, fms p51, mustang peter lynn twister 5.6, neXt sim, heli x sim, accurc sim, dx9 tm1000, powerlab 6x2, coolice 2500watt psu,
Djhandz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2014, 03:09 PM   #669 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

HN7075 if I am not mistaken. Not everybody needs the extra spacers, but sometimes the autorotation bearing doesn't properly engage with the main shaft.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #670 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharicasmi View Post
Don't get me wrong, the Assault 700 is the worst 700 out there right now.
Agreed. Worst by far. Just watch:
[ame]http://youtu.be/v_kAkJx4PR8[/ame]
Old 09-12-2014, 09:47 PM   #671 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would have to agree with worst. Doesn't mean bad but name one worse of out of the box? Mine is completely Align now as well besides the frame but that is only from crashing. If the few important things are replaced this will be a fine starter and sport flyer for someone wanting a larger size heli. All that being said I have benched mine. I may fly it one day again but I have moved on the higher quality builds. I hope this thread stays here for anyone looking to purchase this heli. Replace the swash and tail and fly away!
Old 09-24-2014, 05:33 AM   #672 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Crawling Tail

Hi guys,

Anybody has had this issue before and know how to fix it?

During flight, when hovering in one place, the tail very very slowly goes to the right (with HH on).
After landing and shutting down the motor, noting rotating any more, the tail still crawls slowly to one end. I switch HH off and back on, I pick up the heli and rotate it and put it back down, I move the stick of the transmitter,...it doesn't matter,...the tail still crawls slowly to (the same) one end.

I have the Turnigy 3D-H v2 and Turnigy TGY-BLS805MG HV servo.

I did not have this issue with the RJX tail servo.
Old 09-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #673 (permalink)

Possible that you accidentally set some trim on rudder in your radio and gyro is receiving signal to turn tail.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:09 PM   #674 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you set it up mechanically before turning on hh? Ice. Turn hh off and make it hold straight in a hover just using mechanical adjustments.... May be over working that servo and gyro.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:02 AM   #675 (permalink)

TGY 805 BLS is now in many of my helis on tail. Never had single problem with it. Check this:
[ame]http://youtu.be/AyQ0qtW_wYY[/ame]
Old 12-26-2014, 02:57 AM   #676 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, sorry for waking up an old thread. I'm starting my build and have two questions please :

1. Perhaps more generic than product specific. Any reason for using only two torque tube bearings on a boom length of the 700 ? Will it do any harm to add a 3rd ?

2. The only complaint about the kit I received, are the tail fin and boom support fin. The carbon fiber is really dull and looks decidedly poor quality. Which parts can I replace these with ? Any of the Trex 700 or aftermarket carbon fiber parts ?
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2014, 08:10 AM   #677 (permalink)
Registered Users

In regards to the cf fins, the dull finish can sometimes be the release wax on the mould. I would try cleaning it to remove the wax, then try a small amount of T - cut then polish. It should come up a treat.
Only use hand tools for this as power tools generate heat and could delaminates the cf
Busher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2015, 03:11 PM   #678 (permalink)

My HF Map location

"maxx" (RockinRush)'s Assault is now in my possession

Still need to buy some electronics, maiden is long ways away, but it will happen

First 700, here we goooo!
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2015, 03:14 PM   #679 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hereby transfer ownership!! Pretty cool to get a life history of your new Heli huh? Helifax report! Haha
Old 01-03-2015, 03:30 PM   #680 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yeah, was pretty interesting reading this lol. You really do crash a lot don't you

Kidding aside, thanks
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in