Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2014, 05:57 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users

I attended both the events in SOCAL, and the events in NORCAL. It's a tough call between the two. Both were incredible fun.

The SOCAL event was HUGE and action packed. Some sort of drama (on the flight line) was going on all the time. This was the era of _Trainwreck_ (Mr. Darren Reed). Oh how I miss that guy. Flies with insane passion and put on an amazing show. Flight stations got packed. It had the intensity of IRCHA. Vendors were flying teams out to attend. There was stuff to buy. Even some models out in the wild for the first time.

NORCAL is just incredible. Bigger venue, fewer pilots. But still a good number. Great food and so many amazing moments. It no longer has the same gigantic IRCHA like buzz. This is a good and bad thing. But I think it will just grow over time as it gets recognized as a fun fly destination worth the trip. The SOCAL event became a destination. Like OHB. And I think it just takes some time, and promotion to work up to that. Not that I think we need to make it huge. But getting to 150 pilots would be perfect. I think next year we'll be there. Will and the guys have done a great job promoting the event, and chronicling what went down this year in the event and photo thread. I think a lot of guys will make the sacrifice and show up next year. For many of us, you have to pick and choose which event you want to attend (wife points need to be cashed in). And this fun fly was definitely worth the wife points.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2014, 05:44 AM   #142 (permalink)

My HF Map location

HAHAHAHAHAHAH Wife Points. Never heard that but you are 100% correct. It was great watching you fly. You got a different style going on and everybody notices. Thanks for making the trip.

I agree 150 would be about the best number at Ash Creek. 240 was WAY to many problems and WAY to long wait time at the Palomar location. I wish there was a larger venue somewhere down there where all we do is run in front of the fence and the back would get handled like Curtis and the Ash Creek Club do. If there was I would be on it. I bet if we go back to SOCAL we will top 24o pilots and i won't do it without the right venue and club. I can't do it to my friends and fellow FREAKS again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in