Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2016, 07:15 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just finished "re" setting this up (new computer, reloaded Phoenix). Tweaked the T-Rex 500 as I have one.

What switch on the 6i toggles "sport mode"?
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2016, 07:20 PM   #102 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fart View Post
Just finished "re" setting this up (new computer, reloaded Phoenix). Tweaked the T-Rex 500 as I have one.

What switch on the 6i toggles "sport mode"?
On the DX6i with the setup outlined in the thread, the flight mode switch should toggle between "normal" and "sport".

Should be the same as normal flying a real model.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:58 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll recheck it after dinner - can't tell any difference with the FM (Gear) switch in position 1 or 0

Ok, fixed it. I had forgotten to input the pitch curves...... DOH!

Jeff
Old 06-28-2016, 04:36 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone have a Phoenix setup for a DX8 Gen 2 by chance?
Thank you
McKeown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2016, 06:51 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys, I'm so glad I found this thread as it's helped a ton. I'm still having an issue and not sure how to fix.

I've setup the tx per instruction for V5. Taken the set the expo in the Goblin 700 to 0. My pitch on rotor was at -13.5/13.5. Wanted a slightly more docile heli so changed that to -7/7. Regardless of where that's at when I'm at midstick I'm getting negative collective and climbing when inverted in idle up and don't know why. All tx settings are as outlined in the instructions in this thread. I've even created two different models in my tx thinking maybe I did something wrong and both do this.
kona0915 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2016, 09:45 PM   #106 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona0915 View Post
Hey guys, I'm so glad I found this thread as it's helped a ton. I'm still having an issue and not sure how to fix.

I've setup the tx per instruction for V5. Taken the set the expo in the Goblin 700 to 0. My pitch on rotor was at -13.5/13.5. Wanted a slightly more docile heli so changed that to -7/7. Regardless of where that's at when I'm at midstick I'm getting negative collective and climbing when inverted in idle up and don't know why. All tx settings are as outlined in the instructions in this thread. I've even created two different models in my tx thinking maybe I did something wrong and both do this.
Recalibrate Phoenix using a new blank model on the TX, then switch back to the usual TX model you use for Phoenix.

The highlighted quote indicated why I think it's TX calibration.

Post back if this fixes the problem.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:43 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
Recalibrate Phoenix using a new blank model on the TX, then switch back to the usual TX model you use for Phoenix.

The highlighted quote indicated why I think it's TX calibration.

Post back if this fixes the problem.
That fixed it. I calibrated a few times and it didn't work last night, guess tonight starting on the blank channel is what it took. Really appreciate the help
kona0915 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2016, 12:10 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Forgive me im new

Im completely new to this hobby. I bought a DX6i and the sim and set it up following this guide (Goblin 700).

Granted i'm only 2 days into the hobby so this may be a premature question. Are these CP helis throttles really so twitchy? The heli wants to shoot up crazy fast at 1/4 of a tick past center stick. any less than that and it seems to drop out of the sky. My question is do they really handle like that and its just something i have to get used to or have i set something up wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice.
brunelleb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #109 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunelleb View Post
Im completely new to this hobby. I bought a DX6i and the sim and set it up following this guide (Goblin 700).

Granted i'm only 2 days into the hobby so this may be a premature question. Are these CP helis throttles really so twitchy? The heli wants to shoot up crazy fast at 1/4 of a tick past center stick. any less than that and it seems to drop out of the sky. My question is do they really handle like that and its just something i have to get used to or have i set something up wrong?

Thank you in advance for any help/advice.
Yes an no.

You may need to re-calibrate Phoenix from a blank/unaltered DX6i model. If it is calibrated from normal mode of a programmed DX6i model, the collective becomes WAY too twitchy (as you have experienced).

Calibration ensures that Phoenix understands the signal from the DX6i. The Channels in Phoenix should closely match the output on the DX6i monitor display.

That said, a real CP heli is quite twitchy on the cyclic and rudder controls (forward/back - go left/go right - turn left/turn right). Usually they will not self level and will continue to accelerate in a direction unless corrected.

My 700E will climb at 30ft per second from a standing start and can fly at over 60mph without much effort. These machines IRL do have a lot of power and the skill is in keeping it under complete control.

Best of luck. If any of the above is confusing, please ask (especially about the calibration).
Old 08-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
Yes an no.

You may need to re-calibrate Phoenix from a blank/unaltered DX6i model. If it is calibrated from normal mode of a programmed DX6i model, the collective becomes WAY too twitchy (as you have experienced).

Calibration ensures that Phoenix understands the signal from the DX6i. The Channels in Phoenix should closely match the output on the DX6i monitor display.

That said, a real CP heli is quite twitchy on the cyclic and rudder controls (forward/back - go left/go right - turn left/turn right). Usually they will not self level and will continue to accelerate in a direction unless corrected.

My 700E will climb at 30ft per second from a standing start and can fly at over 60mph without much effort. These machines IRL do have a lot of power and the skill is in keeping it under complete control.

Best of luck. If any of the above is confusing, please ask (especially about the calibration).
I followed the instructions again. Im not sure what i did wrong the first time but the collective is now much more manageable. Thank you for your help. Once again I am amazed with the support and guidance that the RC community is willing to provide.
brunelleb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2016, 01:22 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay, so here's my problem. I have a DX6i and recently bought the Phoenix sim. Installed it to my puter, plugged in my tx, and everything worked well enough, that I was able to use the sim as intended. It seemed that setting the tx up as you've described in this post, would be the way to go. Followed the instructions that you provided here. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. The real problem beyond that, is that when I tried to return the tx to the way it was, i.e.; was able to use it with the sim, it will cause the heli on the sim to spool up, but, it won't lift off. The method I tried to use to return the tx to the way it was, was to pick an empty model, reset it and then select heli and also swash type was 1 servo 90 degrees.

So, I decided to try to set up my DX6i as you have it laid out here, from your 6-17-2014 posting. Everything is fine until I move the gyro switch. Nothing happens as far as Phoenix telling me that channel 5 is working. Also had the same issue when I tried to set it up without using your info. Until this can be resolved, I don't see any point in going forward with any of the other programming. Also, the tx works fine with my helis IRL.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer. me.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:54 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ArchmageAU

Thank you, this tutorial made it work for me!

Verstuurd met mijn s6 Edge
ghaas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2017, 02:40 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is my first time trying to set up the advanced governor in Phoenix 5.5. I am not using a DX6i but that should not matter for this. I have set up three flat throttle curves for NORM, ID1 and ID2. At first I followed the instructions that pop up when you mouse hover over the parameters in the model edit window for advanced governor. These recommend flat curves in the 0-30% range for low, 30=60% for med and 60-100% for high. See photo. However this didn't work at all and I got no headspeed except in ID2. Then I tried increasing the value of the mid and low curves. This works but it doesn't appear to govern. I can set three head speeds but they are just proportional to the value of the throttle on the selected curve. The three values for speed set in the edit window are ignored. Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug in Phoenix? I am running ver 5.5l.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Advanced_gov.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	694244  
phatburner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

@ Archmage AU....

Thank you very much for this Guide!
I have had this Simulator for a while now and had never got the helis to fly inverted without plowing into the ground.
Thanks to your guide, everything seems to be functioning just like it should!
Much Appreciated!

P.S. for those who are having problems with the set up. Be persistant....I had to Reset my DX6i a few times and do the Calibration procedure a couple times before everything worked correctly. In the end, I had to reverse the Throttle in my DX6i to get the program to throttle up in the right direction. Dont know whats up with that, but everything is working and I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth. Lol

Last edited by Redharris; 02-19-2017 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: Needed to add a P.S.
Redharris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017, 09:25 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for this guide, I eventually got through it with the latest phoenix 5.5, plus I learned a bit about setup by doing it.

Now, if I could just stop hearing the beeping in my sleep...
the tech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2017, 12:54 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Archmage, you are awesome... This guide was so helpful. Thank you so much!!!!!
rxnate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in