Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General

LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General General Battery Support

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 05:20 AM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Nightflyr. You're big help.
hatfield1237pa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

nightflyr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011, 05:02 PM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

just ordered my co pilot and was wondering when you do the 1st quick set up can this be done inside or does it have to be outside in space
thx nic
nick.m is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011, 05:13 PM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can setup "run the "Quick setup" indoors, but the preflight checks need to be done outside before flight.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok and thx but 1 more question for now lol,, the sticky says

If possible, set the CPII remote up on an AUX channel so that you can vary the sensitivity in the air. If this is not possible, then you may accomplish a similar objective by reducing the gains when you land and using the IRNet programmer.

ok i have a 9 channel reciver and planning using a spare channel and switch on my a9 to switch it on and off now do i just alter the endpoints of said channel to vary the sensativity and exactly what is it the sensativity of thats its altering
Old 01-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok one piece at a time..

If possible, set the CPII remote up on an AUX channel so that you can vary the sensitivity in the air.

This is by changing your end point via a knob or slider, though a switch can be used providing you change the end point in your Tx.

If this is not possible, then you may accomplish a similar objective by reducing the gains when you land and using the IRNet programmer.

This is exactly as it says...lowering the gain setting via the hand held programmer.

ok i have a 9 channel reciver and planning using a spare channel and switch on my a9 to switch it on and off now do i just alter the endpoints of said channel to vary the sensativity and exactly what is it the sensativity of thats its altering.

If your using a switch or knob or slider and the end points are +100 / -100 that is the max you can set the total sensitivity.

By lowering the end points, you will be reducing the total sensitivity, NOT your gains

Old 01-20-2011, 06:10 PM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ON/OFF switch on DX8

I'm having trouble setting the cp2 with a DX8. The problem is that I want to use the cp2 ON/OFF with the gear channel and keep control of the gyro with the TX.
I connected the ON/OFF from cp2 into the Receiver gear channel and is not working. I also connected the gyro gain wire into aux 2 so I can free the gear channel.
I'm confuse. I don't know if I have to change anything in the TX to get the gain from the gear channel. I think this is the best switch to use as an emergency switch.
The second option is connecting the ON/OFF to the aux2 so you can use the GOV as ON/OFF (this is how I have it set right now) but for me it would be more confortable to use the gear switch.
Thanks nightflyr, I know you will have the answer.
guscecchi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nighflyr, CAN you use a channel knob/slider to control CPII's gains? Or this is something exclusively controlled from IR programmer (or CPII display software, which is the same thing)?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2011, 12:46 AM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok im still a little confused between gains and sensitivity that will cause a longer recovery time during stabilization and stick priority gain,,exactly which 1 will be altered buy adjusting the endpoints of the aux channel i use for th eon off switch
Old 01-21-2011, 12:59 AM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
Nighflyr, CAN you use a channel knob/slider to control CPII's gains? Or this is something exclusively controlled from IR programmer (or CPII display software, which is the same thing)?
Cyclic gain values are controlled by the CPII and adjusted by the hand held programmer.

The over all sensitivity is via your Tx end points,,
If you monitor the movements of the CPII with your end points at 100, then lower them to say 50 you'll see a differencen in how the CPII functions.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:42 AM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by guscecchi View Post
I'm having trouble setting the cp2 with a DX8. The problem is that I want to use the cp2 ON/OFF with the gear channel and keep control of the gyro with the TX.
I connected the ON/OFF from cp2 into the Receiver gear channel and is not working. I also connected the gyro gain wire into aux 2 so I can free the gear channel.
I'm confuse. I don't know if I have to change anything in the TX to get the gain from the gear channel. I think this is the best switch to use as an emergency switch.
The second option is connecting the ON/OFF to the aux2 so you can use the GOV as ON/OFF (this is how I have it set right now) but for me it would be more confortable to use the gear switch.
Thanks nightflyr, I know you will have the answer.
Easiest way: keep CPII on Aux 2 channel, and gyro sensitivity on gear channel. Go to your model menu, and in gyro menu assign gov switch, and in governor menu assign gear switch. You're done. Remember then for the CPII to see all 3 positions in the governor menu (now controlled by gear switch) you have to assign -100, 0, +100 throw values to the 3 available positions. Let me know if you still have a problem.
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:49 AM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflyr View Post
Cyclic gain values are controlled by the CPII and adjusted by the hand held programmer.

The over all sensitivity is via your Tx end points,,
If you monitor the movements of the CPII with your end points at 100, then lower them to say 50 you'll see a differencen in how the CPII functions.
Got you, thanks. But that will have the same effect as putting D/R of 50% and will reduce my stick response as well, won't it? I'm happy with how my Blade 400 responds with CPII off, but with CPII on it bobs a bit sometimes back-and-forth, so I think it calls for gain reduction rather than endpoints, or am I still confused here?
Old 01-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

lower your gains a little at a time till the bobbing stops

Old 01-21-2011, 01:00 PM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks nightflyr
Old 01-21-2011, 02:17 PM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No worries

Old 01-28-2011, 04:04 PM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I've found that I've hit a bit of a "mental" plateau with my hesitation in trying new things with my Trex 450. I'm a very-very casual sport flyer and find myself flying very (or too) conservatively. So I just bit the bullet and ordered the CPII LT. It doesn't come with the IR Prog / Receiver, but does come with the GO-LED + FUIM3 USB cable + Windows programming software.

I'm curious to recieve some feedback on how "inconvenient" it may be not having the IR Programmer for field mods, as I will be relying on a computer back home for changes. (I've got plenty of room in my backyard for initial setups.)

Also, as an observation, I briefly tried setting up a Flymentor on my 250. The problem- I was forced to use FM's gyro and I wasn't willing to give up my Quark (or have 2 gyros on a 250!). I'm thankful that we don't have to deal with that on the CPII.

As a side note, I've enjoyed reading everyone's contributions in this thread as it contains a wealth of information.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, I've found that I've hit a bit of a "mental" plateau with my hesitation in trying new things with my Trex 450. I'm a very-very casual sport flyer and find myself flying very (or too) conservatively. So I just bit the bullet and ordered the CPII LT. It doesn't come with the IR Prog / Receiver, but does come with the GO-LED + FUIM3 USB cable + Windows programming software.

I'm curious to recieve some feedback on how "inconvenient" it may be not having the IR Programmer for field mods, as I will be relying on a computer back home for changes. (I've got plenty of room in my backyard for initial setups.)

Basically all you 'll need to adjust will be gain values and flight angles....

I use a netbook for all my helicopters.....
Easy enough to tote around.
But the handheld programmer does make it convenient to do field adjustments when needed

Also, as an observation, I briefly tried setting up a Flymentor on my 250. The problem- I was forced to use FM's gyro and I wasn't willing to give up my Quark (or have 2 gyros on a 250!). I'm thankful that we don't have to deal with that on the CPII.

It is nice to be able to use the hardware your familiar with

As a side note, I've enjoyed reading everyone's contributions in this thread as it contains a wealth of information.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:40 PM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK... Got my CPII LT (GoLED) system mounted on my 450 Pro. Setup through the USB to the computer went very smoothly. There's still 6" of snow on the ground so I'm waiting until grass appears to flip CPII on.

However, I did have a few questions:

In teaching elevator and aileron limits by "slowly pulling back..." or "slowly pulling to the left..." in quick setup, the most I could get on the readout of my computer was 71% both directions. (Tried it 3-4 times.) Now before you rag on my TX (DX6i) setups... Travels = 100%, EXPO and D/R = 100% / INH, Linear Pitch and Throttle Curves. (I did not zero out my Sub-Trims. Would that make a difference?)

Also, with Auto-Trim = Off, Stick Priority = 150% and my Gear Switch toggles CPII on/off. Is there a reliable way to bench-set Flight Angles? Can it be done by flipping CPII on and off and looking at the swash changes (while at center stick) and changing flight angles until there is no swash movement between the two... this being done before I get it into the air?
Old 02-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK... Got my CPII LT (GoLED) system mounted on my 450 Pro. Setup through the USB to the computer went very smoothly. There's still 6" of snow on the ground so I'm waiting until grass appears to flip CPII on.

However, I did have a few questions:

In teaching elevator and aileron limits by "slowly pulling back..." or "slowly pulling to the left..." in quick setup, the most I could get on the readout of my computer was 71% both directions. (Tried it 3-4 times.) Now before you rag on my TX (DX6i) setups... Travels = 100%, EXPO and D/R = 100% / INH, Linear Pitch and Throttle Curves. (I did not zero out my Sub-Trims. Would that make a difference?)

You moved your sticks too slowly, try it again, but complete the movement with in 2 seconds
Also, with Auto-Trim = Off, Stick Priority = 150% and my Gear Switch toggles CPII on/off. Is there a reliable way to bench-set Flight Angles?
Not to my knowledge, this is something that requires the helicopter to be in the air
Can it be done by flipping CPII on and off and looking at the swash changes (while at center stick) and changing flight angles until there is no swash movement between the two... this being done before I get it into the air?

You'll be inside right up against the helicopter viewing the swash..your body heat is going to cause the CPII to be reactive.
Your not going to be able to do what your hoping to.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:00 PM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nightflyr, thanks for the response. I'll recalibrate the travel, but I was aware of the 2 second limit.

I guess it was wishful thinking on my part hoping there was a shortcut to the fly->land->set angles->repeat cycle. Can't wait to get it in the air to see how it works. I may have to get a couple space heaters to melt this stuff!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in