Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Batteries and Charging Support > LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General

LiIon, LiPo, NiCd & NiMh General General Battery Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default WELCOME!

Hello:

If you've made it to the point of opening this thread, then you've obviously found the new FMA/Revolectrix Forum on HeliFreak.

WELCOME!

This new forum was established on October 22, 2012. FMA personnel and associates, myself included, will go out of our way to help as many of you as we can who have questions. Originally, this forum was born out of a request that CPII have it's own forum. In keeping with what we have been able to do in other Forums (we won't mention any by name), we requested to the powers that be here at HeliFreak, that the new forum actually be expanded to encompass any Revolectrix product, not just Co-Pilot II systems or related accessories.

So, in this forum we encourage you to ask us about anything we sell, Flight Stabilization Systems, Chargers and Battery Workstations, Batteries; whatever! This being the case, it might also be good if you title your new threads to include the product name or feature readily associated with the corresponding product.

Thanks for taking the time to read this message and let us know how we can help you today.
Tim Marks is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats on the thread! Not a customer yet, but have been eyeing a few products and from the sounds of people on here you all have some impressive / reliable equipment!

That said, iCharger user here but have been looking to upgrade to PL8 and keep my icharger as a backup. Doing a little research and only question I've had so far is can I use my current parallel boards I'm using with the icharger with the PL8? I heard there may be a proprietary board I'd need to buy. I'll post a link showing my current board.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator493 View Post
Congrats on the thread! Not a customer yet, but have been eyeing a few products and from the sounds of people on here you all have some impressive / reliable equipment!

That said, iCharger user here but have been looking to upgrade to PL8 and keep my icharger as a backup. Doing a little research and only question I've had so far is can I use my current parallel boards I'm using with the icharger with the PL8? I heard there may be a proprietary board I'd need to buy. I'll post a link showing my current board.

Hi:

Yea, post some photos, but the answer is probably yes. Can you solder? You'll likely need to cut off your parallel board's existing balance cable, and swap it to this:

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...-10-9-Position

For how to wire it up, check the user guide for illustrations on how to wire up the balance connector on your batteries/adapters for XH WIRING MODE, beginning on page 67. If your adapter is 6s, you'd use the diagram for 6s.

Here's the user guide link:

http://revolectrix.com/support_docs/item_1377.pdf

But I would be remiss if I did not encourage you to consider replacing your existing parallel board in favor of the MPA which is a Multi-Port Safe Parallel Adapter. Every cell is protected against potential mishap by auto-resetting thermal fuses that have thermal labels to alert you of a problem. The main pack wires are both fused for every pack as well. More details here:

http://www.revolectrix.com/MPA_XH.htm

If you're interested in the above, consider the MPA Combos:

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/Featured_2

Any other questions, let us know.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, Tim! Since I'll be using icharger as a spare I'll take your advice and use your recommended board for the PL8. Thanks again for the help!

aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 09:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is the latest firmware version for the PL-6?

Pardon me if I missed it, but it sure would be nice if you could keep a posting either here or on the FMA website of the latest firmware versions.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyerheli View Post
What is the latest firmware version for the PL-6?

Pardon me if I missed it, but it sure would be nice if you could keep a posting either here or on the FMA website of the latest firmware versions.
Hi:

To get the latest version number, all you have to do is launch the Charge Control Software and click on the Firmware tab. Every firmware available is displayed along with the version number. If you click on the version, it gives you a description of the changes. The latest firmware for PL6 is V1.10.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the software automatically display the latest info ( maybe I don't see any activity, as I show 3.31 and 1.10 on my PL8 and PL6 respectively). I just don't see any attempt to connect to the internet to update the latest info.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyerheli View Post
Does the software automatically display the latest info ( maybe I don't see any activity, as I show 3.31 and 1.10 on my PL8 and PL6 respectively). I just don't see any attempt to connect to the internet to update the latest info.
Hi:

Every time you launch the applications, they pole the internet in the background. If there is a newer CCS available, it will prompt you to update. Always answer yes. So, sometimes you need to launch the application 2 times in a row to be sure you have the latest version. If you think there might be an issue with the auto update feature, you could re-install from www.revolectrix.com At one point, at the end of Dec, 2011, we closed down the old FMA Direct website. If you had happened to install from that website, the update would not work. But then I'm pretty sure the application will crash on launch.

Hope this helps to explain things!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:40 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it possible to install the CPll on a Thunder Tiger Raptor 30 or 50? I would like to learn to fly a nitro model, but I think the Raptors have a different type of swash plate. (I think they are a 4x90 setup as opposed to the normal 3x120.) Is there any way to set the CPll to work on this swash type, or any conversion to make this work?
JDFiend is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

JD

The CPII will install very nicely on the Raptor 30. I assume the 50 you are referring to would be a 30 converted to a 50. If you buy the hard deck module with it, which I would highly recommend, set up would be using a 1 servo set up in your TX. You would also use this same set up without hard deck. One of the beta ships used for testing was my Raptor 30 converted to a 50. When you get ready the get the helicopter, let me know and I will help you with the set up.

Dale Hagan
deh1955 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Helicopter pilots who also fly airplanes:

Hi Guys,

This is a topic that is rarely if ever mentioned in this forum but just for your information, I have also flown CPII HD on airplanes a lot and IMO CPII HD performs even better on airplanes than on helicopters. The hard deck emergency recoveries are even smoother and less dramatic than when view on a helicopter. Also the minimum 50' altitude allowed by CPII HD is much less noticeable when flying airplanes.

Just food for thought for those helicopter pilots who also fly airplanes.
I can elaborate more if anyone has questions.

Jack
PowerLab 8
jdd1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 02:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wondering why

Hello Tim. I just became an owner of the Co-pilot2. I've been working with Jack D who first introduced me to your product awhile back. I have yet to install it but am excited to continue to try more barrel rolls without fear of crashing-among many other things. When I first learned of the products existence I wondered why I never saw it before and why more people were not using them. I would call myself a confident flyer without the 3D experience yet. So I've been flying for a number of years on and off and watching adds in magazines.
I spoke with some, not many, pro 3d pilots and asked them there thoughts on using this type of aid. They thought that one might get used to flipping a switch when bailout was needed instead of learning a proper transition for bailing out. I tended to think the opposite. If I could learn the manuever that would all be automatic once I learned the 3d trick.
I'd like your thoughts on the matter. I think this would be an awesome product for so many beginners. I know I spent alot of money in crashes that may have been avoided with this unit and others may have quit at that point.For sure the biggest problem in this hobby is not enough people willing to help the new guy with there setup. I see so many new "kids" (if you will-I'm 52) getting into the hobby (as far as helis anyway) that are just in it for themselves and put down anything thats not the most expensive stuff out there.
The other thing I was wondering what you thought was....is there enough marketing of the Co-pilot. I think the sales may be lacking because of this. I think Jack is doing a great job of getting the word out there and even better saw the product in action on a bird at a Texas funfly with the hard deck. I haven't even used it but felt I will want to tell everybody about it and maybe be a rep someday because I'm all about helping the student get to that magical point of forward flight and realize the great joy after going through all the hard lessons and training they have indured in getting to that point-not to mention the 3D that can be achieved in the future.

Craig C.
Kustomkid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kustomkid View Post
Hello Tim. I just became an owner of the Co-pilot2. I've been working with Jack D who first introduced me to your product awhile back. I have yet to install it but am excited to continue to try more barrel rolls without fear of crashing-among many other things. When I first learned of the products existence I wondered why I never saw it before and why more people were not using them. I would call myself a confident flyer without the 3D experience yet. So I've been flying for a number of years on and off and watching adds in magazines.
I spoke with some, not many, pro 3d pilots and asked them there thoughts on using this type of aid. They thought that one might get used to flipping a switch when bailout was needed instead of learning a proper transition for bailing out. I tended to think the opposite. If I could learn the manuever that would all be automatic once I learned the 3d trick.
I'd like your thoughts on the matter. I think this would be an awesome product for so many beginners. I know I spent alot of money in crashes that may have been avoided with this unit and others may have quit at that point.For sure the biggest problem in this hobby is not enough people willing to help the new guy with there setup. I see so many new "kids" (if you will-I'm 52) getting into the hobby (as far as helis anyway) that are just in it for themselves and put down anything thats not the most expensive stuff out there.
The other thing I was wondering what you thought was....is there enough marketing of the Co-pilot. I think the sales may be lacking because of this. I think Jack is doing a great job of getting the word out there and even better saw the product in action on a bird at a Texas funfly with the hard deck. I haven't even used it but felt I will want to tell everybody about it and maybe be a rep someday because I'm all about helping the student get to that magical point of forward flight and realize the great joy after going through all the hard lessons and training they have indured in getting to that point-not to mention the 3D that can be achieved in the future.

Craig C.
Hi Craig:

Thanks for the inquiry. First of all, you're in excellent hands with Jack helping you. He's been one of the lead beta tester for CPII since day one; among other REVO products. He's also a heli pilot which I am not. Therefore, as far as any operational concerns or questions, it'd work best if you direct them to Jack, or contact our resident heli expert Howard Matos howard@fmadirect.com

When it comes to marketing, it's always a question of money. Our primary thrust for marketing in the last couple of years has been to move away from things like trade magazines and website banner ads, and focus on our email campaigns. Our customer base and email list continue to grow every day. If you have purchased your CPII system from either the REVO USA or REVO Singapore webstores, then you should already be on the mailing list. If not, you can create an account and then you will receive advertisements from us. You can choose to unsubscribe at any time on line or by going through the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email campaign.

If you are not on the mailing list, go here:

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/

Click the Registration button on the navigation bar, and follow the instructions.

You can get up to speed on past email campaigns with the Email Campaigns catalog:

http://www.revolectrix.com/Email_Campaigns_Cat.htm

Although it might not be the most effective method, word of mouth is a huge and low cost way to advertise. If you're satisfied, Spread the word!

But we are looking into the possibility of going back to more traditional methods of advertising down the road; probably sometime this year. We used to do a lot of it when we were trading as FMA Direct only. Problem is, you have to increase the pricing of products to cover the cost of advertising or experience enough growth to level things out in terms of increased volume, and R/C industry is already extremely cut-throat on competition, despite the fact that the industry as a whole is miniscule when compared to most other industries.

With regard to how other proficient fliers view flight stabilization product or the CPII in particular, they run the full gamit. Some turn up their noses, some say the most important thing is that you enjoy the hobby and do whatever works for you to improve your skills. I fall into the latter group. Who cares what "they say"? Be your own person, decide for yourself what you need and what your goals are. As for me, although I do not fly, I spend a lot of time working on the designs, assisting in specifying how user interfaces should work, trying to make the products simple to set up and operate. This is a real challenge for something as complicated as a FSU, to be sure. But I think we do a pretty good job of it.

We are not in any way dissapointed with the sales of Co-Pilot products. Since we introduced CPD4 (the original Co Pilot system) in the early 2000's, we've sold ten's of thousands of units. They work as advertised, and so there are a lof ot happy customers out there who have saved their heli's and fixed wing birds using the product. There are too many interesting stories to begin to relate. Some can be seen on the Customer Talk page of our website here:

http://revolectrix.com/customer_talk.htm

One thing you can do to help spread the word is let people know about the FMA forum here on HeliFreak; this forum. We used to have all of our CPII-related posts in the main flight stabilization section. We decided to open our own forum on HeliFreak based on requests from customers. Read the first post in this Welcome thread. It's been great in the sense that it makes it easy for existing customers to learn about the product and get support. But we'd still like to see posting occassionally in the main forums, even if it's just to direct potential customers to our forum for more information.

I hope I answered all of your questions.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy Need HELP!

I am sorry Tim but I am having a bad experience communicating with you guys.I bought my Co-Pilot 2 last Friday and talked to a tech and I was told by him to call back.I call back for an hour or more only to get a busy signal.I then Emailed trying to get a response and have yet to get one.I called today (Monday) and could not get a ring or anything.Have you guys gone out of business?HELP!!!
Concerned
rc hillbilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2014, 03:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hadr Deck

Hi tim I need some help with my copilot 2 with hard deck,my green light only stays on for a few seconds at power up,no errors ?
Pity 71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2017, 07:03 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tim I converted my align 450 from FB to FBL went with BeastX7200BX. Now that I have put on CoPilot II C6, and must go back to gyro of which I was using an Align GP 790 it is a programmable gyro. will it work with the CoPilot system, and how would I do it? I also have an old Futaba GY401, with external settings on the Gyro. Thanks Jim Marsh
Jim Marsh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2017, 10:56 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am assuming you mean AR7200BX.
If so,
Sorry to inform you, you can not integrate a Co-Pilot II.
The AR7200BX is a self contained RX and FBL controller.
In the case of a FBL setup.
The Co-Pilot II needs to be installed between the RX and FBL controller.
RX >>> CPII >>> FBL >>> servos

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2017, 11:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nightflyer, I had previously had a GP790 on my 450 when it was FB. When I changed it to FBL I had installed the AR7200 BX. I want to remain FBL and have removed the The BX, however I was wanting to know if I could reattach the programmable 790 as my gyro for the Co-Pilot. The 790 was previously programed for FB. Thanks
Old 05-01-2017, 01:23 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Marsh View Post
Nightflyer, I had previously had a GP790 on my 450 when it was FB. When I changed it to FBL I had installed the AR7200 BX. I want to remain FBL and have removed the The BX, however I was wanting to know if I could reattach the programmable 790 as my gyro for the Co-Pilot. The 790 was previously programed for FB. Thanks
Jim,
You'll have to excuse me here if I am not fully understanding your question.

When you state: " I want to remain FBL and have removed the The BX "
Do you mean that you have installed another FBL controller or are you planning to fly flybarless with no controller with only using the Co-Pilot II?

Basically, you can install, setup and operate a head lock tail gyro.
Depending on how many channels your Tx has, it can be configured to function with as little as 6 channels with the Co-Pilot II.
I would suggest that you go through the entire setup for the tail gyro once you have it installed on the helicopter.

Now, you make no mention of installing a different FBL controller after removing the AR7200BX.
What are you planning on using for a FBL controller?
If you believe that the CP II will work, I strongly suggest you do not try it.
I did it years ago, although it did fly for me, it was never designed to operate as such and is quite a hand full just to keep stable in a hover.

nightflyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nightflyr, my question was, is the 790 which has to be programed prior to flight, workable with the Co-Pilot which I have installed. My belief is that it is not compatible with any progamed gyro? Thanks Jim

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in