Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam > BEAM E6

BEAM E6 BEAM E6 Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Beam vs 6HV

It occurs to me that the Beam Avantgarde is very similar to the Compass 6HV in that they are both lightweight 600 size, direct servo links to the swash, very clean and simple layout etc.

I like the look of both but since I have a Beam E4 I was very interested in the Avantgarde from when it was first announced.

Anyway, the point is; I'm just curious on any thoughts pros or cons about the Beam and the 6HV.

I read about some problems with the Beam that I assume have since been corrected? Issues with the one-way bearing, main shafts breaking etc.

I'm not in a big rush to buy something but I think I have narrowed down my next heli purchase to one of those two.

One thing that has been said about the Beam is the lack of a few more pinion choices. Right now I have enough electrics to outfit a new heli but the two motors I have are 510KV and 470KV so really a 14 tooth pinion would be helpful. Unfortunately mod 0.8 is not very common in a herringbone.
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
trillian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi trillian,

with my Beam avantgarde Kit came the "old" V1 OWB as also the V2 OWB.
Building it is really fun. I canīt complain about anything till now.

My Scorpion motor has 560kv and iīm using the pinion included in the kit (12t).
Kalle75 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can't comment on the 6hv, as I've not owned one. But you will not be disappointed with the avantgarde! Very easy to assemble, and it flies like it's on rail.

As for the motor options I'm using a 550 kv motor with a 13 tooth pinion and get a max governed head speed of 2250rpm. Your 510kv should get around 2100rpm governed with a 13 tooth.
lowey79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It depends how hard you fly, though you might find yourself wanting a bit more with 510kv on 13T. If you're ever in the frozen north, you're welcome to call-in and have a nosey at my heli.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Trillian,
I am currently out of the hobby, (not by choice), but the 6HV was the last heli I owned and I will tell you, it's great. The motor that comes with it is very powerful, and it doesn't get extremely hot. The ESC that comes with the kit is very good as well, and I never had any issues. The 6HV is a lightweight, compact heli with plenty of power. The best part is, you can buy cheap batteries for it. I ran it on 2 Turnigy 2650mah and 2 Turnigy 3000mah 6S 20C's and it was a powerhouse. It auto'd great and I got great flight times. Whenever I get back into the hobby, I will be owning one of these helis' again!!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I became an owner of a Beam 600 Avantgarde in October and it immediately became one of my favourites. It has taken many solution from Logo 600, and I think it fly very much like a Logo too. It is very nice looking in the air as well, and the wide white skids is also very nice in that sence. And it runs very quitely.

I got the V2 version with new one-way and blade grip arms etc. I have had no issues with mine. Only thing I can mention is I think bolts are very soft material. However I didnt break any during assembly.

I guess 6HV is a nice machine too, but I hate the look of it. And in my opinion it makes no precense in the air. So if I was to choose once more it would be Beam again.
ATH72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in