Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By crashjack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2014, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bailout in Phoenix

I wondered if there was a way to setup "bailout" in Phoenix. I know there is an Active Flybarless setting, but it appears it just levels the heli when sticks are in the neutral position. I've got a new heli, and I'm using an Ikon controller. I'm trying to determine which switch I want for self-level and also trying to determine if I want to set up a mix to add positive pitch when self-level is engaged. I figured the best way to determine this would be playing with on the sim. Is there a way to do?
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I figured out the answer to my own question, and thought I would share. I figure that quite a few people would like to use this feature so here goes. This is with a DX8 radio, so one would have to tailor for their own equipment, but it should all work the same.
  1. In the DX8, go into System Setup for the model you are using for Phoenix and select <Switch Select>. Choose the switch you want to use (I'm using Trainer) and assign the switch to <Aux 2> (Channel 7 in Phoenix) or <Aux 3> (Channel 8 in Phoenix). For this example, I'm using Aux 2.
  2. In Phoenix, go to <System>, select the transmitter you are using, then select <Edit profile>. Scroll down to the "Helicopters" section and beside the item "Flybarless mode" select <Channel 7> and click <Finished> and then click <Finished> on the "Your controls" menu.
  3. Important: You must re-calibrate your transmitter for the switch/button to work. You must also make sure all throttle and pitch curves are linear and put the Throttle Hold switch in the "off" position (set TH to where moving the throttle stick changes throttle). Once that is done, click <System> and select <Your transmitter>. Click <Calibrate> and go through all of the steps. At the end of calibration, the bars should move in accordance with how you are moving your sticks. Engaging TH should stop the throttle bar from moving with movement of the left stick.
  4. In Phoenix, go into the <Model> menu for the model you want to set-up and select <Edit>. Click <Main Rotor> then click <Flybar>. Change the "Type" to <Active Flybarless>. Change the "Flybarless active response" to 300 (this goes from 0 to 500 with 500 being the fastest) then change "Flybarless active delay" to 0 (this goes from 0 to 500 with 0 being the fastest). If you want the heli to self-right upright or inverted depending on which is closest/quicker, put a checkmark in the box next to "Flybarless active inverted". The "active response" and "active delay" parameters adjust the speed of self-righting so you can play with those to make more realistic to your real life situation.
To add positive pitch to self-righting when the Trainer button is pushed:
  1. In your DX8 go to the main menu/Function List for your model. Select <Mixing>. Select <Cyclic > Thro> and change to <Mix 1> and select. Change to <Aux 2 > Pit>. Keep the 0% next to "Rate" but change the 0% right under that to 82%. At the bottom, you must click on <N>, <1>, <2>, and <H> to make this available in all IUs and Throttle Hold. Note: you can make this percentage anything you want. However realize if you are inverted, you probably want enough positive pitch increase to compensate for your stick being in a position of negative pitch. Look at the bars on the left to see what is happening when you push the Trainer button and you will see what I'm talking about.
I hope this helps someone who might be trying to do the same thing I was trying to do.
Thtasher likes this.
Old 12-31-2014, 06:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been using the bailout in AccuRC the last couple of days. I set it up to use the gear channel on my DX8. I was just wondering how I was going to get more pitch for a faster climb out. Your last paragraph on mixing answered that.

Thanks for taking the time to post.
wab223 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2022, 09:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just found this post a few days ago. has anybody done this setup on a DX9 that can give me the settings?

When I try this, as soon as I turn TH off, the heli flips over.
craigc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in