Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
There is a difference in size...the mcpxv2 tail rotor is a bit longer.
Yeah, that's why I asked. The mCPX/2 tail blade is a bit longer. However, if you're good with the MSRX balde then that's what I'll try. I want to use the red one, too.
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2013, 08:49 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

The MSR is better than the MSR X for indoor flying. The MSR can self stabilize. You want that for extremely aggressive indoor flights such as flying circles at maddening speeds and knowing that if you make a mistake, you can always neutralize impacts by letting it self stabilize even after high speed manuevers. The MSR X won't do that at all and will fly continuously whichever direction you last placed it. It is better outdoors where it shines due to it's high speed and agility. Having an MSR X indoors is like driving a ferrari in your drive way - looks great but all that power and no way to really use it fully. An MSR is like a having a skateboard in your drive way doing stunts. Both are great to have, and both do things better than the other given the appropriate situation. I can't give up my MSR for indoor sports flying - it's a fantastic bird. I love my MSR X for its extra wildness outdoors.
brandn14 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

I far prefer the mSR X to the mSR indoors. It's much more stable thanks to the flybarless system. I actually took a step back from the Nano to the mSR X and after a little practice I can now fly it pretty aggressively indoors. The key here is being patient as you get used to it. Just take it easy to begin with. You'll soon find yourself pushing a little harder each time and upping the rates. A mix on your TX or adjusting the swash links (MM Mod) sorts out the rudder issues. It is very, very robust so it'll take the knocks as you learn. I found it tougher than the mSR and a lot cheaper on parts. Only crash damage I've ever had is one busted blade grip and a couple of tail rotors. I recently swapped out the original main rotors, and that only through wear and tear. It will chew through main motors however. Seems to be the weakness of this particular heli. The mSR is absolutely perfect for the transition from co-ax to FP though and I learned a lot on that little bird.

Given the OP already flies the 120 I'd say go for the mSR X ...
Old 01-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default cat

I just got my m SR X...this thing is quick! I need to play with the settings, because it seems to just take off out of the blue whenever it wants to! I ended up flying straight into the washing machine and breaking one of the balls on the link to the propeller
Grey Cell Green is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2014, 12:59 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, those ball links are fragile. I recommend an aluminum upgrade to the blade grips.

I've recently gone back to stock tail booms on my birds. I ONLY ever fly them indoors now that I'm flying my CP helis outdoors exclusively. The stock tail boom seems to be much better for getting the CoG where it should be.
RoboHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in