Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > RC Helicopter Flight School

RC Helicopter Flight School Instructional Flying Tips, Tricks, Videos, and Q&A

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 09:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Feedback requested (video)

It's been a year since I last posted a video requesting feed back so now I think it's time again:-) I'm flying my 450 since I'm more relaxed flying it then the x5.

So, what should I work on do you think and what should be my next maneuvers to learn?

Thank you very much!:-)
Regards, Tom

[ame]http://youtu.be/8UCLphfDCf0[/ame]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by togy View Post
It's been a year since I last posted a video requesting feed back so now I think it's time again:-) I'm flying my 450 since I'm more relaxed flying it then the x5.

So, what should I work on do you think and what should be my next maneuvers to learn?

Thank you very much!:-)
Regards, Tom

http://youtu.be/8UCLphfDCf0
First, Very nice flying. You look comfortable in all orientations.

You are very much into refining what "floats your boat" territory.

If 3D masters style flying is your passion (which is what it looks like), then fast prio manoeuvres are your next stop. Start with piro-travelling, then piro-circles, then piro-8's, then prio-loops, flips and tic-tocs. (Need to clean and tighten your piro-flips).

If accuracy is the goal (F3C / F3N style), then ensuring angles are correct and not gaining or losing height in circles, funnels, etc.

In short, from here there are hundreds of manurers and transitions to go on with. Cuban 8's, immelman, stall turns, rolling circles, etc.. Look up the scheduled manoeuvre lists from competitions and see what you want to practice.

You may also want to put together a routine or two showcasing what you can do (to music even).

Lastly, you will also want to work on auto-rotations.

I recognise you are from Sweden, but you may want to look at the IRCHA PPP levels for ideas on what to work on. http://www.ircha.org/pilot-proficiency-program

Good luck and happy flying.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you, I've practiced a lot:-) that ircha document looked very helpful, I'll read through it and see what to pick next.

I know the piro flips are a bit sloppy, but I'm so happy I've finally nailed it so I thought I'd bring it into the video.

I guess I'll continue with the piro maneuvers you suggested to step up a level. Maybe set pirouetting loops and pirouetting funnels together with double piro flips as a goal to reach for the coming months.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could stand to really dial in your moves in this flight.

You are close to pulling off clean, even circuits/circles and tail down funnels. Currently you get the idea of the move, but funnels and circuits look best when they're really 'locked in' and it seems like the heli is effortlessly following a perfect path without changes in input.

Piroflips (half piro flips) are okay. The first half has a little too much positive, and the second too little negative. If you're shooting for a stationary half flip, the second half should start at the same altitude as the fist. (first half: tail in upright to tail in inverted, second half: tail in inverted to tail in upright). Think of them as two even halves that flow together once you get the feel for it.

Nice start of a teensy bit of smack too in the middle. It will come. Keep at it.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by togy View Post
I'm flying my 450 since I'm more relaxed flying it then the x5.

http://youtu.be/8UCLphfDCf0
Just curious. Why are you not comfortable flying the X5? Supposed to fly much better.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code3Medic View Post
You could stand to really dial in your moves in this flight.

You are close to pulling off clean, even circuits/circles and tail down funnels. Currently you get the idea of the move, but funnels and circuits look best when they're really 'locked in' and it seems like the heli is effortlessly following a perfect path without changes in input.

Piroflips (half piro flips) are okay. The first half has a little too much positive, and the second too little negative. If you're shooting for a stationary half flip, the second half should start at the same altitude as the fist. (first half: tail in upright to tail in inverted, second half: tail in inverted to tail in upright). Think of them as two even halves that flow together once you get the feel for it.

Nice start of a teensy bit of smack too in the middle. It will come. Keep at it.
Thanks, yeah I really need to polish my moves and thanks for the individual tips. My strategy is that I try to force in to new moves, that way I think the moves that's "easier" improves by them self, for example I think that ordinary circuits will be more looked in when I can do sloppy piro circuits.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmor View Post
Just curious. Why are you not comfortable flying the X5? Supposed to fly much better.
Because I'm afraid of crashing it because of the cost to fix it which makes me take it easy. With the 450 I don't care if it hits ground since its only like 50-100 usd to fix and I haven't crashed in more then a year because of dumb thumbing. I dare to fly it with my heart instead of brain, almost like it feels with the sim. Guess I need to buy a 700 to make the X5 a little less intimidating:-P
Old 08-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

togy, I asked because I have a X5 coming. I also have the HS3SX that I will be using with it. Currently I fly a 450x with the same FBL sywten and have never blinked an eye when I crashed it.
I do count on the bailout/rescue feature of the FBL system and that is what takes most of the fear factor out of the equation. Good luck.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmor View Post
togy, I asked because I have a X5 coming. I also have the HS3SX that I will be using with it. Currently I fly a 450x with the same FBL sywten and have never blinked an eye when I crashed it.
I do count on the bailout/rescue feature of the FBL system and that is what takes most of the fear factor out of the equation. Good luck.
I'm 100% sure you'll love your X5 when you get it. Did you go for the premium or classic combo? I've thought about the hs3sx but its a bit pricey and I enjoy having a bit of fear factor left:-)
Old 08-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the FES with all the Gaui stock components minus the Gyro. I will be using the BD3SX for that and a YEP ESC & the CC BEC Pro 20A. I will probably sell the Gaui ESC that came with it. I know some people use it and like it.

BTW, the BD3SX does not cancel the fear factor. It just gives you an edge to deal with that fear when it starts playing on your mind. It just becomes a two way game rather than one way only.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in