Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mezon 130 problem SOLVED

I have this one Mezon 130 acting weirdly. All my 3 others are not having this problem

When I turn on my DC-16 and then the Mezon, it seems like it is not initiating the readings, I don't see any appear on my Jeti DC-16 screen. If I go to the JetiBox emulator of my DC-16, it will recognizes the Mezon and the readings appear fine,

If I turn off only the Mezon and let the readings disappear off the DC-16 screen, they reappear fine when I turn it back on again but if I turn off the DC-16 also then it won't initiate again. I have to go to the JetiBox emulator to make it happen

It is as if the DC-16 has to find the Mezon through the JetiBox to be able to do the readings.

Any ideas?

Like I said all my other Mezon initiate fine the minute I turn on my DC-16

Last edited by Puttputt maru; 02-01-2014 at 08:33 AM..
Puttputt maru is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2014, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Odd.

My year old Mezon 130 just started experiencing odd telemetry issues as well; I would get several false "temperature high" alarms from my TX during a flight. The alarm is set for T>100C and when I would look down the Mezon temperature was showing about 80C. Reviewing the logs on the TX after the flight would show several short duration low "dips" and high "spikes" on the temperature data. The spikes would exceed the thermal shutdown setting in the Mezon so I knew they were incorrect data since the Mezon never once entered thermal shutdown.

I sent the logs to Danny and he had me ship the Mezon back for repair and it's getting replaced with a new one.

In flight performance was still fine-- it was only the temperature telemetry that was having issues.

Have you tried doing a "factory defaults" reset on the Mezon through the Jetibox menu and then going through the Mezon setup again? What if you create a temporary new model on your TX and check the Mezon telemetry functionality with that new model to eliminate a possible error with the model file on the TX?
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Have you tried doing a "factory defaults" reset on the Mezon through the Jetibox menu and then going through the Mezon setup again? What if you create a temporary new model on your TX and check the Mezon telemetry functionality with that new model to eliminate a possible error with the model file on the TX?
I will give all this a try, I even have an other Mezon, targeted for an other application, that I can use in my set up to double check. I was just wondering since I just did the Tx latest update before setting up this model if it was something new in the programming. I doubt it since all my other Mezon still work fine.

To be continued...
Old 01-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Follow up

I have done what you suggested Kiba, I have tried with different batteries, with a brand new model set up and with a default setting on the Mezon, nothing helps

I finally took an other Mezon that is suppose to go in a plane and this one works when I plug it in the set up for my TDR. So I guess it is the Mezon that is defective, Guess I will be calling Esprit on monday.

Thanks for the help
Old 01-31-2014, 11:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mezon 130 problem

Any recent firmware changes on your equipment? Is the known good equipment running the same FW?
Old 01-31-2014, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
Any recent firmware changes on your equipment? Is the known good equipment running the same FW?
Mezon have had the same firmware with no updates for a while but I did update it again just in case.

Both are running the same firmware good and 'bad' one.

The Mezon is working it is just not activating itself through turning on the Tx only like all others, I need to go through the Jetibox emulator of the Tx to activate it.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mezon 130 problem

10/4
Old 02-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

and

Stupid me in the end I was setting up my Mezon with a BD3SX and it turns out that as long as the BD is not activated past the servo assignment phase it somehow blocks the Mezon from 'sending' or 'registering' in the DC-16.
So basically you have to setup the Mezon and the BD fully before everything works.

What threw me off was the fact that once I activated the Mezon through the JetiBox it all worked fine. Also when I checked with the other new Mezon I was bypassing the BD plugging it directly into the Rx.

Lesson learned never give up
Old 02-01-2014, 12:04 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aha! So it needs a control pulse stream before it registers with the transmitter. Nice find!
Old 02-01-2014, 12:51 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
and

Stupid me in the end I was setting up my Mezon with a BD3SX and it turns out that as long as the BD is not activated past the servo assignment phase it somehow blocks the Mezon from 'sending' or 'registering' in the DC-16.
So basically you have to setup the Mezon and the BD fully before everything works.

What threw me off was the fact that once I activated the Mezon through the JetiBox it all worked fine. Also when I checked with the other new Mezon I was bypassing the BD plugging it directly into the Rx.

Lesson learned never give up
Awesome, good find !
Old 02-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Gobler View Post
Awesome, good find !
I was thinking AWESOME COMBO!!! Mezon and Demon!!! Adopt me Putt Putt!!
Bubbasanjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in