Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50

Thunder Tiger 30/50 Raptor 30, Raptor 50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 05:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Another great flying with Rap

Had another great flying day with my R50T after upgrading it with Gryphon booster and Align governor last winter.

Whoa, what a BIG difference compared to all previous throttle curve fiddling!

Gov setting is a doddle, and 50SX-H at 1750 RPM easily gives 8:30 min each flight, with fuel remaining for one more minute. No more fears of what's going on with the engine when the heli is high and far.

Sure the old flybarred Rap feels a bit heavy and less precise compared to my other heli - nimble GAUI X5, but damn it just doesn't give a sh$t about the wind and looks so substantial in the air!

And I really appreciate the O.S. After running-in it just goes and goes and goes! And fires up in a fraction of second every time with that magic Gryphon.

All this is apparently nothing new, just wanted to share my impressions about the results of my "long winter evenings" work, how we call it here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like the originality looks good.
Old 06-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks awesome mate, the Raptor 50 is a sweet helicopter, they just keep on trucking!
I have just upgraded mine with an OS Hyper 50 and am going flybarless with an RJX head and and Sk540. Can't wait.

I plan to build up my second frame with the original TT motor and flybar head as a spare.
I've probably had about 7 major crashes and the frame is almost indestructible!
majorlemond is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most of my awesome flying helicopters are Raptors!!
flyswatter40 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2014, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have moved on, raptors are great helicopters hands down. I still have my r50t, its FBL with outrage head and had a ar7200bx aboard. os 50 hyper with outrage hyper rage 55 pipe which makes it scream. it flies amazing. I also have an x50 with redline .53 its fb, jr 8717 servos, its pretty decked out. both of them just hang on the wall mainly. im thinking about dusting them off and firing them up just to refresh my memory. the main one I have been flying is my outrage velocity 50, with redline 53, its fbl and it is a very great flying bird, also my fusion 50 on 12s. outrage parts are pretty much unfindable now, so next crash for both of them they will probably be stripped down. I did get a newer trex 700n dfc to play with tho.

maybe sometime soon ill throw up some more shots of my raptors

brandon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in