Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Rotor Blades

Rotor Blades R/C Helicopter Rotor Blade Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SAB - QWW main blades w 12mm root

I picked these up at the LHS, they were without a box and have a little storage marks on them, since they were SAB I figured they woud be quality blades so I bought them.
They are too wide for my Align and I2 gips so I was wondering wht heli they might have been made for. they have 3 mm bolt hole and when hung from the same pin appear to be 10 mm longer than my Align 425 D blades.

Any ideas appreciated. I have a Trex 500.
T-rex 500FBL BeastX, I2 MRH & Swash, I2 boom support,( Bob's the Mahn ! ) DX7s. T-rex 550 I2 FBL head & boom support,KDE motor mount. CH-53E's 83-87. MCAS New River. FAA certified Airframe & Powerplant license holder since 1992
skered53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2011, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did you gey them at Tammies? I really dont know what size bird they are for. But I still needed to ask the question. how long are they?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yep, got them at tammies, Owner's kid sold them to me , the blade root is about 12mm and I don't want to to take the time to try and mill .5 mm from each side to try and make them fit in the Trax head which is 11mm wide at the grips.. No idea how thick the carbon fiber is at the root.
Anyhow, like i said they were out of any box and had some slight scuffs from being in their blade box. I should have figured something was up when he said there was no returns on them. If anyone can fly them, let me know otherwise they will hang in my office. That $ 40 will equal the next 400 being spent elsewhere.
T-rex 500FBL BeastX, I2 MRH & Swash, I2 boom support,( Bob's the Mahn ! ) DX7s. T-rex 550 I2 FBL head & boom support,KDE motor mount. CH-53E's 83-87. MCAS New River. FAA certified Airframe & Powerplant license holder since 1992
Old 01-17-2012, 06:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good Morning skered53
Just read your post here. It sounds like you have purchased a set of blades that they have had for a couple of years, that had been clearance priced to sell. It sucks that whoever it was that sold you the blades wasn't more forthcoming about what they would fit. Do not try to mill the roots of any blades to get them fitted to any grips. light sanding is ok, but nothing more as you risk a horrible accident in likely throwing a blade due to damage of the root.
Your best option now that you have them is to list them here on the freak, or that other site that I wont mention. But in any case, Tammies Hobbies is really a pretty decent retail store. I have spent plenty of my money in there over the years, but like any store there number one goal is to make money. They do have a very good return policy one most anything you get there, execept non-returnable items such as the clearance priced blades you got.
On a different note, try Ken at 'LowerHeli' His online store is very reasonable and fairly priced He is local, Camas Washington. and he will answer most any question you have. Just tell him I referred you.
Erik
Old 01-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 2 cents worth!

#1 on Lowerheli.com, Ken is awesome to deal with and if you need something that isnt on his website shoot him an email letting him know what you want and he will reply back with availability and price. His shipping rocks also, always has been same day shipped on weekdays and I get it next day usps and I live way south of portland. Ken has even went so far as to meet me at lunch time to hook me up with my new heli! 100% stand up guy. If you do speak to him or send an email tell him Doug say's hi!

I have had really good luck with tammies too!

Blue Skies
Ghost_Rider/AMA #974526
Ghost_Rider2010 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2012, 11:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default ;-) update, got store credit

I did brng them by and talked to Tim about them not fitting either of the heads, he said no sweat and gave me $ 40 towards another set of blades. So happy ending on my end. Figured I'd se the story straight.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Very Good, Happy Endings

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in