Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2012, 07:02 AM   #961 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

all it takes is a short brain fade, they always show up on my DX8 telemetry

Soft grass helps a lot, but this was definitely a CP2 moment, don't you think?

Loved your neighbor's kids, you're doing a good job starting to convert them into heli addicts, think it counts as community awareness service, so the 60 quid has not gone to total waste imho
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2012, 07:11 AM   #962 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
all it takes is a short brain fade, they always show up on my DX8 telemetry

I think he meant actually means brain fart Jerry, but can't say it on his work PC!! There are some kids that always show up at one particular field I go to. Why is they always look like the Goonies?

I just checked the tracking number on my DX8. The guy told me on the phone he would post Monday, and it would be delivered Tuesday. However, the delivery company website says it takes 3-5 days

Anyway, it's definately been posted and I just got confirmation the PSU's have been dispatched too. So I'm off out now, and will have to wait a little longer.
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #963 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, don't you just love kids. Happily watching from a distance, and then shouting, whilst running, "HE'S CRASHED IT".

Once they got over to me what I actually wanted to say was, "No it's not f******* alright, it's all mangled, does it look alright?" Did well really to be so calm, don't you think.

Only kidding, well partly. I suppose it could be worth £60. I do like explaining things to them really, but that was not the best of moments. Plus if you knew them a little better then you would be able to tell that the interest is fleeting at best, so not sure if it is well spent or not.

Yes, CPII would have done the trick. It would have gone into a perfect piro hover, right in front of me in a fraction of a second, whilst I was still thinking about letting go of the rudder to take back full control.

Yeah, you're right Denis, that would have done the trick. Punch the collective, let go of the rudder, analyse the position and angle, make appropriate corrections, fly around and start again. That must happen 50 times a weekend if I'm honest. Almost literally this is happening every minute or so with the 250 as I push that way beyond my skill set all the time. Saved it countless times, and crashed that 5 times over the weekend, but it was in that grass too, so I had no issues, apart from on the last one where the blade speared through the grass and transferred the force to the servo, stripping out a gear set. No big deal, cheap as chips on that. Only about £2.50 per gear set. (EDIT: £2.75, just checked. :-))

I think the problem here though was that my brain would just not accept that it was going wrong, couldn't be, I was doing it right, (NOT, lol), so it will come right in a second, but it never did. By the time I got to the "add more collective" moment I was in the ground. Normally I would be faster, and I'm not sure why on this occassion I was so slow, but I assure you this is not standard practice for me when things go wrong. Having said that, the whole crash is over in less than a second, so if you just pause for a fraction of a second, for whatever reason, let's call it a brain freeze, for want of a better expression, then it is all over. Why did I pause, no idea, like I say I have a lot of experience of saving from all sorts of uncomfortable situations, but yesterday it was not to be. C'est la vie.

Cheers

Sutty
sutty is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #964 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I just popped home to drop off my wrecked 450. Seemed I got locked into doing SIM like manouvers about 5-6ft off the ground for a good 30 seconds before the inevitable happened. I'm blaming it on a gust of wind hitting the rotor disk whilst in the middle of a piro flip, and me being too low to save it. Last thing I remember everything being OK, I had the nose pointing up and the rotor disk away from me, with the wind coming from behind me.

My TH switch broke the other week so I couldn't engage throttle hold. Luckily the main gear stripped on impact, and only broke 1 main blade. I have an old align blade I can match it upto, so don't have to wait for spares. Now it's come back to bite me, I'll schedule a trip to maplins for this weekend and get myself a new one. Serves me right for not doing it sooner.

Still, 1 pair main blades, 1 main gear, all shafts and FB is not bad for a crash with no TH. About £20-25 in all.

I'm going to try and fix it after work tonight, as I have all spares in stock and tomorrow is going to be a perfect sunny day again but the wind should be no more than a gentle breeze.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #965 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Contrary to what Denis said my DX8 (yours as well in a couple of days too, Denis ) telemetry screen reports brain freezes, not farts. Then 30 or so brain freezes amount to 1 brain hold, and you can set a vibrating alarm on these to wake you up I could be off a bit with terminology, tough, always only skim through manuals
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:42 PM   #966 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought Brain Freeze is what you get from eating too much Ice Cream?
Old 05-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #967 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know this is video progress report but.......

WOOPS!

Everything is ok though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0209[1].jpg
Views:	53
Size:	268.4 KB
ID:	319067  

E-Flite Blade MCPX V2
Chrisss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 04:40 PM   #968 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice pic Chriss. Hope the cause of it wasn't too costly!!

Least we know it wasn't the Aliens....this time
Old 05-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #969 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

LOL, that hole was big enough to fall in! I can't believe you got away with no damage.

dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #970 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nor me. Now what happened please?
Old 05-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #971 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

We were laughing about this. I recon Chris can fly fine, he just has an issue being able to land! ha ha

dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #972 (permalink)
Registered Users

Haha Denis it's all good, blades, gears, servos etc all in tact I flicked TH and pulled negative to keep it down.

Sutty, as Dave says I clearly can't land a FBL Heli, I was still compensating while just lading and must have over-corrected and just took a nice slice out the field, I've left my mark!!!

E-Flite Blade MCPX V2
Old 05-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #973 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Really glad it's okay Chris. The reason I asked is that I wondered if it was the good old FBL tip over on landing whilst under TH. As you now know, if you didn't already, it is very easy to do, as a lack of response of the heli causes the FBL unit to apply more and more correction, until it is enough to cause a tip over, even though it is on the ground.

Like I said, you probably knew, but for others it might be interesting.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 05-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #974 (permalink)
Registered Users

No not really, all I know is that I find it more difficult landing the fbl 600 than the fb 450, it is a different style which is what I'm still getting used to, still quite new to these Heli things lol.

I just need to get used to the difference is flybarless, thanks for the info though sutty.

Chris,

E-Flite Blade MCPX V2
Old 05-26-2012, 02:42 PM   #975 (permalink)
Registered Users

found my old forgotten key chain camthe other day , thought give it a test
turn off the sound , was little windy , terrible sound

trex450pro.AVI (4 min 29 sec)

Last edited by ragge1; 05-26-2012 at 04:03 PM..
ragge1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 03:54 PM   #976 (permalink)
Registered Users

anybody tried this action cam , thinking of getting one , can have it on my head for filming my flights and even on the heli , what do you guys think

http://helmetcameracentral.com/2010/...m-review/#Pros
Old 05-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #977 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can remember Psilo using his old keychain camera and that used to make an aweful noise too, but the images were good for the price. Seems your little camera is still good Ragge and some nice flying there BTW too .

I know we all deserve a treat once in a while, but is the price tag worth it for a hat cam? I guess you must have a lot of brownie points in reserve to consider it
Old 05-28-2012, 02:40 AM   #978 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragge1 View Post
anybody tried this action cam , thinking of getting one , can have it on my head for filming my flights and even on the heli , what do you guys think

http://helmetcameracentral.com/2010/...m-review/#Pros
Friend of mine just bought one, and it is superb Fantastic quality, all the really useful feature you need. I'm saving my pennies

And yes, it's probably overkill for a hatcam, but it's light enough to be lifted by a 500 or medium-sized multi-rotor. Also fit it to you bike, motorbike, hanglider, sufboard (yes, it's waterproof), whaterver you are into.
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2012, 05:14 AM   #979 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Looking forward to seeing what it can do. If it looks the business, I may have to get one too, as I am sick of my bloggie. It is a POS.

Cheers

Sutty
Old 05-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #980 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

But it takes 3D video, doesn't it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in