Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Esmart

Esmart E-Sky Esmart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Another suggestion is if you can make the upper side plates have an optional provision for another bearing block directly above the main gear to reduce sideward flexing and cure the main gear stripping problem.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well guys. one more BIG DELAY, as you can see from the pictures.
My family was going to my uncle jerrys for thanksgiving. He lives up in the mountains East of where I live. My mom was in the truck with me, and I was about 500 feet from his house when I went into a seizure. Never had one before.
My mom says i started shaking and my eyes rolled into the back of my head Then I put my hands back on the wheel and put the pedal to the metal. The back of the truck spun around to the left and hit a tree then went down a 45 degree embankment down into a dry creek bed about 30 feet down. I took out a few smaller trees as well on the way down.
The last thing I remember before it happened was seeing a family friend on a dirtbike. The next thing I know, I wake up and there are firemen trying to get me out of the truck. My dad says I was unconscious for 5 minutes.
When I went in to ER My heart was in an abnormal and very possibly deadly rhythm called Atrium Fibrillation. 8 hours later i came out of A. Fib but still had an outrageously high heart rate. Laying down it was around 80 BPM and when I sat up It jumped up to 150 BPM. My heart was beating like an 80 year olds.
So they kept my in the hospital for 9 days. Just got out on Friday. They ran all kinds of tests: CT scan, MRI, Heart ultrasound, EEG, Blood draws 2-3 times a day, EKG's every morning. They had me on the cardiac floor of the hospital with a heart monitor on. Someone watched my heart rate 24 hrs a day. They had me on two types of blood thinners, (one of with was a shot in my stomach twice a day) and a drug called cardism, which is supposed to control your heart rate. When I was sleeping, they said my heart rate dropped down to 30BPM and was actually skipping beats here and there. They could not find a reason why my heart was doing this. They couldn't find anything wrong with my nervous system either. They said some people just have one seizure in their life and never have them again. I had a team of doctors from UC San Francisco evaluate me.
So on thursday they decide to put me on a treadmill and stress test my heart. I was briskly walking on an incline and my heart rate went up to 175 BPM. They couldnt find any stress that my heart was under so on friday, they let me go home. They were getting ready to do an angiogram on me, which is where they insert a cather into your main artery that runs through your groine. Then they stick a camera into the catheter and take a look at the inside of your heart. Thank god they didnt because I would have freaked out.
Now, I asked all of those doctors if anxiety and nervousness could cause my heart to pound so hard and fast, and they all said no not at this high of a rate and not just when you stand up.
I came home and the next day which was yesterday, I was up and around the house and checking my pulse all day long and would you believe that it is normal now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-0125.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	71869   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-0126.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	71870   Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC-0127.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	71871  

CUSTOM CNC MACHINING... Inquire within.
onehot69stepside is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2008, 02:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well screw the frame sides, Its just nice to know you're ok after something like that Take your time and get better, then we'll start bugging you for frames
nuttcaze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttcaze View Post
Its just nice to know you're ok after something like that Take your time and get better
+1 , health is your big priority now
Old 12-08-2008, 05:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks guys.

My heart rate is normal now that ive been home and been able to relax. I mean, anybodies heart will race when they tell you they dont know whats wrong with you and you have an 80 yr old heart.

So im already back on the project now. I mean, its not like its hard work ordering tooling and material.

Old 12-08-2008, 06:25 PM   #26 (permalink)

Wow, glad to hear your okay.....but maybe you should take it easy for a bit longer.

by the way how is your mom? guess she is fine or you would have said something.
LockMD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2008, 08:24 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the mill on the way! FINALLY after all these holidays and hospital stays!

It should be here either this wednesday or no later next wednesday.

The software and drivers are also ordered and should be here within a couple of weeks.

I can finally get the ball rollin on this.

AND I went for the upgraded system so Ill be able to cut GEARS guys.

NO MORE STRIPPING DELRIN OR ALUMINUM GEARS!

Ill update when i start cuttin!

Old 12-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well it sounds like those parts will be ready right at the same time I'm ready to rebuild my other ES600, keep me posted. Not to mention once you get set up I can do some advetising for you
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default G10 in Black

I would buy a set in Black G10.....hope all is well....

Ty
Tyree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009, 06:02 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up E-Smart parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehot69stepside View Post
I got the mill on the way! FINALLY after all these holidays and hospital stays!

It should be here either this wednesday or no later next wednesday.

The software and drivers are also ordered and should be here within a couple of weeks.

I can finally get the ball rollin on this.

AND I went for the upgraded system so Ill be able to cut GEARS guys.

NO MORE STRIPPING DELRIN OR ALUMINUM GEARS!

Ill update when i start cuttin!

Very glad to hear that your O.K. again, :-)
Saw the photos you posted earlier - bloody scary thing to happen. :-(

Just received an email from Larry of HD today, I've had half a dozen E-Smart main gear units on back order since before Xmas, - he said that Esky is NOT making the E-Smart's main gear any more !

Wonder if this is really correct and if so whats going on at Esky's factory ???

When you get things going, let us know what sort of $$ you are after for both the frames and the main gears - I, for one wiould be more than just slightly interested in placing and order for a couple of frames and enough main gears to keep my e-Smart flying for at least a few more years. :-)

If you would be so kind as to let me know what your plans and prices might be - please contact me by email directly at - iwilson46@iprimus.com.au

Going back into hospital myself in a couple of weeks for operations # 's 8, 9, etc - onwards on my leg after a hit-and run motoring incident two years ago.
Seems some people just don't like motorbikes - even parked on the side of the road.
Unfortunately at 62 it takes a lot longer to heal than when I was younger. :-(

Like other E-Smart owners here, I'd like to hope there is a chance that my E-smart won't be grounded due to lack of main gear units or frames, etc.

Take care. :-)
Flip465 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 02:05 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

GETTIN CLOSE FOLKS! sorry for the suspense

Old 01-10-2009, 09:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will take the first set. If you want to start a line.
Design Engnr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got dibs on the second set,

Hope its soon, not getting any younger here

Just kidding, I'm in no hurry, I can't fly my ES600's at the moment, its too cold outside, the servos freeze up on me.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking News on parts.

I want to see CAD designs for the frame...I got info that E-sky will resume production for E-smart parts around April or May and there is an upgraded new 600 size heli in R&D right now. Production slow down was due to decreased labor force and increased raw material price along with putting more resources on R&D for new products. I was able to purchase some main gears to last me until April or May.
damyxz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2009, 02:51 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

i will put cad drawings up as soon as possible along with the pictures obviously

Old 01-19-2009, 07:43 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

I'm in line for a set of G10's too !!!

Ty
Tyree is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

ive got cad pictures up and will have real pictures up in an hour or so of the belt cp frame in the belt forum. once i get my store up in the next few days and they start selling ill be starting the e smart frame. be patient guys. And buy a belt frame to pass the time for those of you who own belts.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:26 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

come on, hurry up lol

that Belt CP frame looks sweet
Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

within the next week thay should be designed and cut.

Old 02-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

would you guys want dts on the e smart frames or would it be better left as is?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in