Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > ELY.Q - Vision 50

ELY.Q - Vision 50 ELY.Q Vision 50 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default My New Ely.Q Vision 50E

Well I finally got mine im super excited as this will be my first electric heli! Always been scared to make to the jump but im glad i did. The build took me about 6 hours as im already familier with the way Ely.Q's are built from building tons of v50c's lol. Anyway theres alot of cool features they have changed(redesigned) from the v50c. They took alot of the great design's from the v50c and incorperated them into the v50e and basically adding a little design twist to make things even better. Heres a look at the kit!

The whole tail assembly is the same except for the new one piece plastic tail grips(I LIKE!) and a new hub made especially for using the angular bearings. Also theres like a 2.5mm set screw to attach the hub to the tail shaft. This tail has ZERO slop. Also comes with a cool new set of Ely.Q "Blue" carbon tail blades. Moving towards the front of the helicopter the TT gear case is exactly the same as the v50c which is good as parts are compatable. The main gear is 113t and theres many pinions availuable. The batterys slide in on a tray along the bottom! ALL carbon on this helicopter is 2mm! SUPER beefy. The main frame is basically built in 3 sections. There is no radio tray its ALL carbon now. Theres slots already cut into the frame for gyro velcroe if you want. Theres slots cut all along in the frames for zip tie attachment making for a clean wiring job. Forgot to add BYE BYE silver booms! All the new booms are a slick looking black with the logo! and there compatable with the v50c as well. The NEW FBL head is totally redesigned. They have extended the main shaft by about 3/4's of a inch to allow the use of a washout base. The new head and shaft are also compatable with the nitro version which i will be upgrading shortly. Also with the new longer shaft you are able to run any FBL head on the market now im pretty sure allowing you to customize it if you want! Im very excited about flying this helicopter. I will be doing electronics install soon. My setup will be a CC ICE2 120HV-Scorpian 4035-560-SAVOX cyclic and tail, 12t pinion governed at 2200HS or 2250. I will keep you guys posted!!!

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
wifeorheli? is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking good Aaron.

I know you have been waiting a long time to get your feet wet with the electrics. You are going to love the instant power and the torque of the electric motors.

Shoot us a video of your flights and give us a comparison to the nitro 50.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

will do for sure tom! all my stuuff is in the mail i will be flying it this weekend!!!!!!

Team Novarossi Motors U.S.A PlanetHobby.com "PushGlo" "SwitchGlo" Byron Fuels 2018
Old 03-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice build, also great another V50E is going to be maidened. Get some video if you can so we can compare our setups and have some info for future optimization
Old 03-22-2012, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wiring so far!!!

Old 03-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok you have had time to maiden her. Do you prefer the flight characteristics of the nitro or the electric version better?
Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Elictric is just a whole different ball game. The power, zero vibrations theres no comparison between the two. I will need to rlearn to fly basically. lol stick movements are the same but the timing is wayyyyy different due to having all the power offered. Collective managment is low on the chain now. I cant wait wait to really fly this thing when i get some better packs!!!! The v50e is truly a nice helicopter they really did there homework. I had zero problems or things i didnt like about the build and the way things went together. When i first took off the heli ROCK SOLID STABLE!!!

Old 03-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well heres some pics of the wiring ect... with motr and esc. The ESC shown I will not be using i just used it to do the maiden. I will be installing the CC 120HV

This helicopter is BALLISTIC!!! I cant wait to get some good battery's and the right esc. It flew sooooo nice and rock solid with the AR7200BX!!!!

Old 04-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well got some more flying in and i love this helicopter i have ZERO things i do not like about it! heres some more pics

Old 11-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bumping an old thread. I have just fitted the new head (same as the stock 50e) to my 50 comp and the shaft is too short. The part # for the new head doesn't say it needs the new shaft but I'm assuming I do as it's 21mm taller from memory. Bad bad ElyQ for not saying this lol.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

is there a conversion kit for the nitro?
feudallordcult is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is NO conversion as the frames are completely different. BUT there are alot of interchangable parts. The WHOLE tail assembly is interchangable, the whole head and swashplate, main shaft's, skids, skid mounts.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Plus, knowing ElyQ parts prices, would be cheaper to just buy a new kit. Vision 50 comp kit over here is £200, but side frames alone are £60 each.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 above

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in