Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2022, 03:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How do telemetry sensors connect to the receiver?

I’m new to telemetry and I’m trying to understand how it connects to the receiver. I’m interested in the rpm sensor and the battery consumption sensor. I’ve checked the instruction manual for both sensors and it states connect the sensor to the EXT port of the receiver but it only has one. How do I attach more than one sensor to a receiver with one EXT port?
Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2022, 04:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are some different ways of doing this.

For example, I use a Brain/Ikon fbl unit so plug my rpm sensor from the ESC into the fbl. The fbl is connected direct to my receiver in EXBUS mode. This automatically brings the telem values to Jeti as well as the radio signals to the fbl unit through the one port.

The second way is to plug basic telem items into the EXT connector on the receiver.

The third way is to use the E1,E2 ports on the receivers for telemetry. How you configure this depends on the individual item. As an example, I bring my Scorpion Tribunus telemetry through the E port and my altitude sensor (MAlti) through the EXT port.

Jeti also sells expanders so you can increase the number of connected sensors. Check with your retailer for details.

Last edited by acrow; 02-24-2022 at 05:45 AM..
acrow is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2022, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrow View Post
There are some different ways of doing this.

For example, I use a Brain/Ikon fbl unit so plug my rpm sensor from the ESC into the fbl. The fbl is connected direct to my receiver in EXBUS mode. This automatically brings the telem values to Jeti as well as the radio signals to the fbl unit through the one port.

The second way is to plug basic telem items into the EXT connector on the receiver.

The third way is to use the E1,E2 ports on the receivers for telemetry. How you configure this depends on the individual item. As an example, I bring my Scorpion Tribunus telemetry through the E port and my altitude sensor (MAlti) through the EXT port.

Jeti also sells expanders so you can increase the number of connected sensors. Check with your retailer for details.

Ok, Thank You.
I’m interested in your first example. I too am using ikon. What rpm sensor uses the ESC? I saw the one that uses two of the three wires on the electric motor. The other end plugs into the receiver. Does Jeti offer an rpm sensor that works from the ESC.
I’m confused, like I said this is all super new to me.
Once again, Thank You

Old 02-24-2022, 11:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

A lot of ESCs have an RPM wire that connects to the GOV port of the Ikon. (The Hobbywing Platinum & the YGE xVT do for sure; it’s not uncommon. Those are the ones that I’ve used)

To get amps, temperatures and other ESC telemetry, you’ll have to connect the digital telemetry from the ESC to the Ikon. The Ikon ‘Telemetry Manual’ outlines it fairly well. Usually it’s just a single wire from the ESC programming port to the 4-5-6 port of the FBL.

After that you will need to select the proper telemetry format in the Governor Tab of the Ikon Wizard. You’ll also need to set the logged parameters as those are sent as well to the transmitter. The latest update may send full ESC data along with the logged parameters, haven’t updated yet and tried…
Old 02-25-2022, 12:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJW View Post
A lot of ESCs have an RPM wire that connects to the GOV port of the Ikon. (The Hobbywing Platinum & the YGE xVT do for sure; it’s not uncommon. Those are the ones that I’ve used)

To get amps, temperatures and other ESC telemetry, you’ll have to connect the digital telemetry from the ESC to the Ikon. The Ikon ‘Telemetry Manual’ outlines it fairly well. Usually it’s just a single wire from the ESC programming port to the 4-5-6 port of the FBL.

After that you will need to select the proper telemetry format in the Governor Tab of the Ikon Wizard. You’ll also need to set the logged parameters as those are sent as well to the transmitter. The latest update may send full ESC data along with the logged parameters, haven’t updated yet and tried…

Wow ok, once again Thank You for the response. I’ll definitely be using that feature

Old 02-26-2022, 12:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you have to use the governor in the ESC for the rpm sensor to work? If I use this method do I plug the rpm sensor into the ikon unit and then that info is sent to the TX?

Old 02-26-2022, 02:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Most ESCs which can send an RPM signal do so whether the governor is used or not.

It is up to you whether you use the ESC's internal governor or an external governor. There are a range of views on that subject!
acrow is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2022, 08:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL-Cool-T View Post
Do you have to use the governor in the ESC for the rpm sensor to work? no

If I use this method do I plug the rpm sensor into the ikon unit and then that info is sent to the TX? yes
The RPM (from GOV port) is kinda ‘special’ it’s always logged on Parameters 11. As a result it’s always sent as telemetry, provided your RX is set right and an RPM signal is plugged in.
Old 02-26-2022, 11:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJW View Post
The RPM (from GOV port) is kinda ‘special’ it’s always logged on Parameters 11. As a result it’s always sent as telemetry, provided your RX is set right and an RPM signal is plugged in.

Ok. I will give this a try. Once again, Thank You for the info.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in