Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2015, 11:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3d on mcpx?

Went to do first flip and heli came straight down on its head. Lots of damage. Just finished setting it up last night and set it all up to my dx6i and some reason it didnt work. Had 0 at mid. Any ideas?
I bought it 2nd hand.
Diggiz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2015, 05:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

So you got no negative pitch response when you inverted? It's very capable of flips, I found that you have to finesse them, especially the collective since it doesn't have the power like say the BL version does. What settings are you using for throttle and pitch? I know this is the obvious question and I'm sure you probably did but did you setup stunt mode (IU) on your tx?
kona0915 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2015, 10:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If your going to throw MCPX around. You must cut the pitch back to about 80. And Cut the Aileron and Elevator rates back a bit as well or you will blow the tail out every time you flip it.

Even then remember it does not take a lot of negative pitch, Flip it slow.
and the tail will hold.

Oh ya. Idle up 0, 25, 50, 75,100 Pitch curve.
100 100 100 100 100
Imzzaudae is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

To do a flip, push the forward stick up, and at the same time, push the elev up (positive pitch), elev down (negative pitch), then elev up again right? It sounds so easy but so hard to do ….
2005h4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 10:05 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005h4 View Post
To do a flip, push the forward stick up, and at the same time, push the elev up (positive pitch), elev down (negative pitch), then elev up again right? It sounds so easy but so hard to do ….
To do a backflip, pull the elevator back toward you, when its 2/3 of the way to inverted pull the collective/throttle stick toward you, negative pitch, then when its 2/3 of the way to upright push the collective a lil bit away from you/ positive, while holding the elev back the whole time till you're upright and level again. Or right stick down till 2/3 over left stick down, then 2/3 back to upright left stick up and stop when you're level. Plenty of elevator but only a lil collective. Hope that helps, im not the best at explaining things.
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 10:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

A lil hard at first but actually very easy once u have the feel for it.
learnedthehardway is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2015, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sideways rolls are pretty much the same only u use aileron instead of elevator, but i like to start my rolls with a lil positive as im hittin the aileron, seems to bring it around a bit tighter.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don’t dare back flip or the side flip. Which is easy, back flip or front flip??

When u r complete newbie like me, u r in such a hurry trying to flip it, no time to feel for the 2/3 stick movement… haha… but understood what you are trying to say.
Old 05-23-2015, 05:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I know how to flip and roll but couldnt do it on the mcpx. Turned out you have to flick your dual rates switch to 100% as programmed to get full servo travel. To me the dx6i settings are back to front. 100% rates should be in back position and 70% in flicked switch forward position. I will change these round. But did thi and it worked any way. Never used any Dual rates on any heli ever so didnt think of it.
Lesson learned. Doh!!
Diggiz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2015, 12:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also found out all the stick movement should be fully up or down, and not just half way up or half way down. This makes nice tight circles.

2 months into mcpx, my normal flight I do a lot of flips and invert. Now ....how to tic toc? Anyone?
Old 05-24-2015, 12:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'll find that the stock mCPX will flip and roll a lot better if you limit the pitch servo travel...to something in the 70-80 range pos/neg...use your D/R's to set the rate of flip and roll

If you lack tail authority, an extended boom and a V-curve on the TC such as 100-80-60-80-100 should help quite a bit...otherwise, a larger tail motor is the best solution (7mm or 8.5mm)

Recently, I've been experimenting with the longer mCPX BL main blades on the stock mCPX with great results...so good if fact, that I'm switching all My mCPX's over to them

Lots of extra lift and miniscule main motor bogging cannot be a bad thing
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2015, 01:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

mine pitch servo travel set to 70, and v curve to 100-90-80-90-100. Also to improve tail motor authority, i have modified the 2 tail blades installed into one stock 6 mm motor. it holds the tail quite well....
Old 06-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Beautiful morning in Fargo, so I took out the mCPX for a few flights...

Stock brushed motor - mCPX BL main blades - 150mm tail boom - 7mm tail motor - 47mm Lynx tail rotor - Astroid Designs Boom Support Kit & Tail Fin

Pitch servo travel @ 80 pos/neg - not a single tail blowout

TC 100-90-80-90-100

Nothing drastic, but did flips and full loops with no bogging whatsoever...the last one right after the DX9 Babe said 30 seconds remaining...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mCPX w7mm 001.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	590391   Click image for larger version

Name:	mCPX w7mm 002.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	590392   Click image for larger version

Name:	mCPX w7mm 003.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	590393  
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Indeed. It was great morning so took the heli out to park near work place. Very private, hardly anyone at the park, spent about 30 min front/back/sides flips and invert flying,…. only one minor crash when battery ran out while doing the invert….tendency to ignore the timer beeps.

My heli is almost back to stock…. only to keep mcpx BL main blade grips and spindle. I went back to all original including short hollowed tail boom. But I am flying with 120sr batteries …. 7 to 8 min on 3D setup. But noticed have to take 3 to 5 min break between the batteries because motor gets too hot…. its good time for coffee and fresh morning air.
There is slight tail blowout as I expected but it doesn’t bother me.

Learning to fly mcpx was frustrating in last 2 months, but now, I’m at the point where starting to really enjoy it. I do really enjoy flying mcpx.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in