Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deet View Post
Question for you, how many lipos can you buy for the cost of a generator?

To me the answer is simple, buy more lipos, charge at home, fly at field.

Cost of generator PLUS cost of fule for generator = how many Lipos?
N1.. its not bad.. but i dont like to charge a lot of lipos when i am at home i am getting bored.. i want 3-4 packs not more
MaSt0RaS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I charge my lipos while siting at my desk. Keep working, no time lost really
Deet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 09:30 PM   #23 (permalink)

Buy what your budget meets! Add some room for spares as well. Do not kill yourself. Just my thought.
FlyNHelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 09:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thats right FlyNhelis, if I buy 4 sets of lipos I get broke

cost of the nitro (V50) with 2 case of fuel and some spares is the same of the electric (Fusion 50) with 4 sets of lipos and no spares.

I need few days to think and choose from the Velo 50 or Fusion 50.
BonewJunior is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2010, 09:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonewJunior View Post
Thats right FlyNhelis, if I buy 4 sets of lipos I get broke

cost of the nitro (V50) with 2 case of fuel and some spares is the same of the electric (Fusion 50) with 4 sets of lipos and no spares.

I need few days to think and choose from the Velo 50 or Fusion 50.
Don`t forget nitro will take more time to spool but the electric will give you that instant power you need. Take that into consideration as well. Batteries from hobby city is so cheap it`s getting ridiculous. As to keeping fuel in stock or what happens if there is a shortage like last time.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds good I take that into consideration, I only need to know what flight time I can get with 3300mAh 12S
Old 12-16-2010, 09:59 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
sounds good I take that into consideration, I only need to know what flight time I can get with 3300mAh 12S
All depends on flying style. Look at some youtube vids. I am going to say 5 minutes. Again all depends on your flying and how your setup as well. Hope this helps.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bOkjKEsUt8[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZuHdzco8sk&feature=related[/ame] check them out, it`s about 5 min or so.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uPUFGQxgMY&feature=related[/ame] 2150 headspeed oppose to 1800
Old 12-16-2010, 10:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks a lot buddy, That info help me a lot, I think with 5 minutes I'm good, I fly mild 3D and some hard 3D ( pyro flips, huricanes, funels, tictocs), nothing like the King Tareq on his hands looks ridiculous fast.

I like the test #3 at 2150 rpm with the 4025-550 and a 14T, looks more like my style.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uPUFGQxgMY[/ame]
Old 12-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

Seems like OUTRAGE RC is coming strong and eventually will be close with ALIGN RC. Again I am leaning towards OutRage being they are coming out with NICE stuff and affordable for the heli enthusiast that wants a high end heli. Just my opinion.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

thats right, parts cost are more cheap, quality is same or better than align, my uncle have the velo 50 and a trex 600N and he is in love with the Velo 50 so far.

I can't imagine this beast with the new mini v-bar 5.0, is killing me.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #31 (permalink)

Wow your talking a whole new level with FBL. I heard the new Futabe CGY750 FBL system is nice. But with that you will need a Futaba TX due to the S-Bus which is a great product. I have to say Futaba perfects their product. Just my opinion.

If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me.

Last edited by FlyNHelis; 12-17-2010 at 06:31 AM..
Old 12-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #32 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

There will be a PWM to SBUS adapter coming out when the 750 is released ... or that is the rumor.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking

I have my 8FG with R86108SB ready for the V-bar or maybe the new futaba FBL system.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:31 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Also, there is no HS drop if you setup the governor just right. For example, if after 5 minutes your HS has dropped to 2000rpm, then that's where you're governor should be set at. Then you have 2000rpm for the entire flight. That's just a crude example of an easy setup, but gives you the general idea.

Most 12S 600mm setups that run governors would easily run 2500rpm at 100% throttle without the governor. I'm not suggesting that of course, just showing that a properly setup electric needs a governor and proper gearing.

My logo would run about 2200rpm for the entire flight without any HS drop. But at 2300 rpm, it will start to slow down about 2/3 through the flight.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:50 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think they call that "headroom"
kazager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2010, 08:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Good point Deet

I can buy 3-4 sets

so I can charge 4 at home + charge one in the field at 1C = 5 flights per day.

the only question I need answer is how long are the flight time of this machine with 3300mAh lipos at 2150rpm with scorpion 4025-550kv

all the answer go to get an electric machine!!!
5 minutes on the electric, 7 - 7.5 on the Nitro, we have (3) Vel 50's, one is setup strictly for night flying, the two days machines, 1 is FBL with 140 kit and SK720, both machines are basically fuel and fly, very little maintenance on either machine, they were built to last. simple things like cleaning every bolt in acetone or 90% alcohol before use loctite, this way you get a secure fit, bolts don't loosen or back out, a weekly inspection before Steven goes out and beats the poop outta them.

his machines get crashed don't get me wrong but I still clean the bolts, chase the threads with a dye if I can't get the old loctite off with the liquid soak and I use Loctite 243 oil tolerant just in case, a good cleaning with 90% alcohol gets most of the grime off and I use serpent putty to get all the small places clean.

My gut having a pair of 550's, 3 - Vel 50's and a pair of Vel 90's, soon to have the Fusion 50. and having build a hundred or so Vel helis would be to start off with the Vel 50, it has been the best flying 50 in our stable and the one we can always rely on day in and day out.

Your listed of parts looked good, Steven's favorite machine is the Vel 50 FBL, it has the 140 kit, SK720, YS56, with new Evo pipe and it rocks, SWE 630's and the black/white 95mm tail blase at Heli-Direct, this has been a flawless combo.

And I see your in FL, jump in the car and head over to Port Charlotte an we'll help ya get it dialed in
Foxden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Men, Thanks a lot buddy, one day I can go to Port Charlotte, is like 3 hours and 20 minutes from my house.

I love the Velo 50 with the sk-720
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWnC63kGDi0[/ame]

looks so stable, the fusion looks more faster, but for my style I like the velo 50, 4-5 minutes of flight don't make me smile + charging time of 12S, I can deal with clean the oil in the heli, you have to clean the electric to I don't understand why people have problems with that, if we order a case of fuel we can get a gallon for $20 and is not bad + don't need to deal with head speed drop and be afraid of receive a death cel from hong kong.

Fusion looks awesome and have impresive power, but maybe is not for me, now I understand my style, I love the sound of the nitro engine, flight times and get a moderate power ( something that I can handle), with the right head speed, I know I need to rebuild the engine like 150-200 flights but I can deal that.

The 90 looks incredible, but is to expensive in fuel, maybe later I can bring the 90 to the family.

Last question, 6V on the mks servos is good? or I need some 8V servos? or some cheap align servos?

Thanks guys.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Men, Thanks a lot buddy, one day I can go to Port

looks so stable, the fusion looks more faster, but for my style I like the velo 50, 4-5 minutes of flight don't make me smile + charging time of 12S, I can deal with clean the oil in the heli, you have to clean the electric to I don't understand why people have problems with that, if we order a case of fuel we can get a gallon for $20 and is not bad + don't need to deal with head speed drop and be afraid of receive a death cel from hong kong.

Fusion looks awesome and have impresive power, but maybe is not for me, now I understand my style, I love the sound of the nitro engine, flight times and get a moderate power ( something that I can handle), with the right head speed, I know I need to rebuild the engine like 150-200 flights but I can deal that.

The 90 looks incredible, but is to expensive in fuel, maybe later I can bring the 90 to the family.

Thanks guys.
`you dont have to rebuild every 150-200 but every 300+flights it depends on the use too..! if you run with a good fuel you will have to rebuild every 400-500+++flights..

The problem is the general maintenace...
The electric if you build the you forger the screwdrivers.. On the nitro you must have them on your pocket Vibrations oils more parts on nitros like clutch etc and of course more problems..

have 2 nitros ans one 1 electric
MaSt0RaS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2010, 06:09 PM   #39 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

+1000 Clyde

You really have to clean all the hardware before you use any loctite on it.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Mastoras and DominicD

is a pain check the screw every week and be afraid of loose the machine every flight. when I bulid the kits I clean all the screws with alchool before use locktite

I like the velo 50, a lot of people tell me to go for the fusion, but 4 minutes of flight time is sad, the bird looks awesome to.

my second experience was a trex 500, I have so much fun with the bird, no problems, flights awesome with the flybarless but I have problems with the lipos, after 30 flights the head speed start to drop just at 2 minutes of the flight, was a 3300mAh 6S, the bird loose power early, so I don't trust on hobbyking lipos, you pay $500 for few lipos and get crap sometimes, I don't want to spend $300 in just a set of name brand lipos is crazy, thats one of the reasons to me to not buy the fusion.

Maybe I can give a try but I need more info about the Fusion like real flight times with 3300mAh lipos, battery tray size and few videos with diferents motors like scorpion 4025 550 and 630, with the scorpion 4025-630 I can get more flight time? and a 25C 12S lipos are good for 3D and if can last a good number of cycles.

another question is with 6V to the servos with the kontronik BEC are good for a 50 size bird for 3D.

Tags
velocity 90

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in