Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Electric

MA Electric IonX2, Razor and Furion Support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2006, 08:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone tried the new V1.51 heli software for the CC 110?

It seems that CC has made this new software available for heli use. Has anyone tried it yet?

Here is a link to a discussion:
http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t255892p1/

CC Sight information:
http://www.castlecreations.com/downl...beta_info.html

Alex
Eyefly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2006, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new fixed throttle endpoint heli mode seems to have ALL the features that most of us who currently use this ESC in AIR mode have been looking for.

Great news, I'll give it a try as soon as I can.

- Rob
bob00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2006, 10:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Please post your thoughts on how it works as soon as you have a chance.
Eyefly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2006, 09:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
BobbySmith

Hey that looks intersting Rob let us know how it goes i might have to drop a Esc in my Ion

Bobby
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2006, 08:09 AM   #5 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Flashing my HV-110 now. Thanks for the heads-up Alex.

OK Flashed to Airplane mode with autocalibrating for test flight 1. This is the mode with the old firmware that could strip gears very easily with the NEU/G3 RX in my 2-stage setup. I am now testing it in my Single Stage 32-3 setup.

I will take my laptop to the field, but not sure about where to go next. I would like to try fixed endpoints GOV mode, but I definitely do not want the motor to stay running during autos. I like to auto, if you know what I mean. In their description, do they mean N mode when they talk about the first idle up? Anybody running the 110 with these new heli modes?

I am goign to try to get by the field on my way home from my afternoon work, but not sure if I'll make it or not.

Will
WillJames is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
BobbySmith

New software works but the Esc still doesnt work as good as my Hacker 77-0-H
Old 05-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
BobbySmith

HEADS UP GUYS not sure what is up wiht teh CCcontrollers my whole power system was getting hot flight times were only 2minutes 30 seconds and everything was hot i mean HOT!!!!!! so i went back to the Hacker 77-0-h and problem solved.

I was using it in Aero mode

Not sure what is up wiht the CC software
Old 05-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I am having low power and higher temps by a wide margin with the latest updates myself. The 77-O won't do 12s, but it sure is bulletproof on 10s.

I am not really sure about the CC-110 either B. Need to flash back to the prior bios, get a baseline then flash back to the new and take temps. All this takes time, and I may end up putting the Hacker ESC back in until after next weekend when I intend to go to the Sheep for the first time in a while and just fly and have fun.....
Old 05-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
BobbySmith

Yea i here ya Will iam going to wait till after MHA to do any more testing i got both Ions on 10s SPANKING IT!!! so they will be just fine
Old 05-13-2006, 07:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can recall version 1.11 Beta that CC had. A couple of us had perfect working PH-25's in T-Rex and Shogun on 3S. We flashed from 1.021 to the "New Better" 1.11. My buddy's T-Rex hovered for all of 1 minute before it went into Thermal shutdown and by the time it touched down there were MOSFET chips on the ground. It literally got so hot it unsoldered all the chips on the PC board. I was a little apprehensive so I just spooled mine up in my hand and noticed quicky it was getting HOTTTTT.. Flahed the ESC back to version 1.021 and I am still using it today in a foamy, cool to the touch...

Caslte makes some great controllers and have a warranttee program that is beyond reproach but I fear they do not do enough R&D themselves and allow the end users "us" to do it for them..

Rick
Rickster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2006, 09:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
BobbySmith

Yea i remember that Rick crazy stuff for sure!! The thing is if i didnt know the performacne differance i would never know some thing was up!! @ first i thought my motor was taking a dump then i went over everything last night and it all checked out put my old hacker back in and BOOM ROCKING AGAIN!!!

Yea i hate being the SUCKER for R&D it wouldnt be so bad if they woudl work wiht some of us so we could get a better idea of what is going on.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any more updates on how this new version is working. Getting ready to set up my 110HV and not sure which software version to use based on the feedback of 1.51 so far.

-jon
JonMann is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2006, 05:17 AM   #13 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I would wait personally. Cool new features, but if your heli is flying good now, give it a little while. Also before you do, try a 77-O-H to get a baseline on your performance before installing the 110, and be sure to keep a VERY close eye on your temps.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will,

Already have one ION running 10s with the 77-0-H, this will be a second ION set-up for 12s. Based on all this, I won't flash it with the 1.51 firmware.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
BobbySmith

Yea Jon teh old software was working on 12s for me in GOV mode it was rocking just kept ripping up gears a nd belts
Old 05-27-2006, 02:11 AM   #16 (permalink)

Wich one is the old software that works? There are many of them to download.

I`ve got a HV110 to try 12S (because my Kontronik is only 10S capable) and don`t know wich software to take.

Marcel
marcelino is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2006, 05:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

v1.23 was the last version before 1.51

http://www.castlecreations.com/downl...h-phoenix.html
Old 05-28-2006, 07:01 AM   #18 (permalink)

My HF Map location

1.23 was working great for me and LOTS of power running airplane mode withthe NEU 1521. Like B, I use the 14MZ and I was going through a lot of secondary gears due to the HUGE amount of torque of this combination. I think B found out that if he reinstalled a regular PCM RX (Removed the G3) this combo made secondaries last a lot longer. THe bottom line is that with the fast new radios, and the HUGE torque new motors and the 20C + Packs, we are pushing the design limits of the airframes. We are changing a lot of things at once and it is harder to dial in the heli and harder to T-Shoot any issues that come up. Would I do it differently next time... Hell no! I LOVE the Big Electric machines, the Ion-X IMHO is king of the hill. I am here at the great Chattanooga Event and there have been many people who flew my Ion and LOVED it. Ion's ROCK!!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:52 AM   #19 (permalink)
BobbySmith

Yup that is the version to use keep in mind wiht the G3 rx we could just trash secondarys

I went back to 319 rx and no more problems
Jon iam curious to see how youre luck goes wiht teh double 60 tooth as i trashed one in seconds when i started doing 3d flying around it was fine then i went knife edge and boom DONE!!!

I still say teh 32-3 wiht a belt drive is the way it had the best performance on 12s

Will wish i could be there but i got alot of new stuff going on cant wait till MHA next week!!
Old 05-28-2006, 12:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm really surprised that the G3 receiver would make any difference?!?!?!?! I was planning on using a G3, but I guess I'll stick a 319 or a r149dp in there as well.

Just so I'm clear, with the v1.23 software you want to configure the ESC in airplane mode (non-gov mode).

Bobby, you really trashed the double stack secondary gears with this config?? Man, that is hard to imagine, 'cuz it does look plenty beefy. In idle up do you run a straight line throttle curve or do you have a slight V?? I just wonder if a throttle change is causing this, since when you are in airplane mode the ESC shouldn't try to do any big throttle changes on it's own like it would in gov mode under load.

I should have this 12s ION in the air in a day or so, weather too nice here right now to spend time building, gotta FLY!!!!!!!!!!! So hopefully I'll have something to report in a couples days on how things go.

Sure wish the CC guys were better at explaining what is the best set-up with their stuff. Called a guy there the other day to talk about the 1.51 software, he was a heli guys, he could tell me all the wonders of this new release working on a Trex, but they have no idea of what will happen in these bigger-high powered setups.

I'm with Will, the ION is the best heli I have ever owned, I get more flying time with it than I ever got trying to keep nitro helis in the air.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in