Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > NextD - Rave 450 and 90

NextD - Rave 450 and 90 CJY Rave 450 and 90 Helicopter Kit - ND-YR-K001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Great to get parts!

After seeing the new Drones Helis site, and that the parts supplies had come back, (huge sigh of relief!) I thought I'd give it a try. Saw the 'Black Friday' deal & ordered a number of items that previously had not been recently available. Ordered enough to fill my inventory gaps, and for the free shipping. Order placed on Black Friday, & they were here at my home this past Thursday!!!!!! Everything came well packed & all was good!!! WOW, amazing!!
JT Whirlybird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 02:59 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've not had my order yet, shipped on the 30th but by speedpost so expecting the delivery any time
PeteStewardson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Whirlybird View Post
After seeing the new Drones Helis site, and that the parts supplies had come back, (huge sigh of relief!) I thought I'd give it a try. Saw the 'Black Friday' deal & ordered a number of items that previously had not been recently available. Ordered enough to fill my inventory gaps, and for the free shipping. Order placed on Black Friday, & they were here at my home this past Thursday!!!!!! Everything came well packed & all was good!!! WOW, amazing!!
Great to be able to get parts again. Amazing service.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:57 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I should have my parts tomorrow. Sadly I can't see the parts supply working for us in the UK due to charges.

I ordered $160 worth of goods, but have had to pay around $225 for them in the end. I've had to pay VAT ( 20% ) on the goods, but also on the shipping even though the shipping was free. And then another $20 for fees to collect the VAT from me. All in I paid just over 35% in VAT and fees on top of the purchase price.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:33 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That brings a whole new meaning to value added, that sucks.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW that sucks !! Your tax is ridiculous.

I thought Canada had high taxes. We are not even close.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:18 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah it sucks. I paid significantly more for the parts in the end than I did when Rave parts were available in the UK, and more than Mikado prices locally. I've got plenty of parts to keep me going for a while, but I think I'll replace the Ballistic with something else once they run out rather than buying more.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:22 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New 635

Ordered a new 635 kit Sunday of the Thanksgiving weekend and it arrived the following week on Monday. Unfortunately just before I go back to work, so now at work anxiously waiting to returna nd begin the build.
sud76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2015, 12:06 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope they could do an upgrade part to reinforce the ENV's side frame. (I love the push-pull system, so I won't go Ballistic)
Without the support of fuel tank, the frame is pretty vulnerable to hard landing.
Old 12-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud76 View Post
Ordered a new 635 kit Sunday of the Thanksgiving weekend and it arrived the following week on Monday. Unfortunately just before I go back to work, so now at work anxiously waiting to returna nd begin the build.

Congratulations !!!! These are awesome Helicopters. Love my 635.

What electronics are you using ?
Old 12-14-2015, 09:45 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using a 4035-560 motor that I removed from an ENV I have when I ugraded it. Futaba tail servo and BK 7200 swashplate servo's. I have not ordered the ESC yet. I have CC 120's on the ENV and Ballistic so I think I will stay with the same. I also have a Total G from previousl and Skookum remotes.13 tooth pinion.
I like the idea of having three aircraft with 90% parts compatibility. Looking forward to it.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered some parts from Dronehelis.com last night for my Ballistic 700. Its great to find a place that has all the parts in stock, now I can fly this bird harder I also noticed that the prices seemed lower than usual on this site, a great surprise.

Bryan
datatools is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2015, 09:45 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is great news that we can get parts again !! I think I used the 12 tooth pinion. I will check.

I have a extra Kontronik ESC 120 HV I have been thinking of selling. I have two extras now. I should list one I guess.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:20 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Let us know how the build goes or if you need anything. This is a awesome kit and Heli. You will Love how it flies.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:40 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, I have it put together, just waiting on a battery I ordered for the gyro and servo's. I have used a battery from another heli and rigged it, and rigged it, and rigged it. I have Skookums on all my other machines so my apprehension is with the Total G and being unfamiliar. I think, as per the instructions I am ready to maiden once I get the system battery.

Have spooled it up with out the blades, have the headspeeds set at 1850 1950 and 2100. Gyro directions are proper, I think it's ready to go. If I ever figure out how to post a pic I'll post one.
Old 12-21-2015, 09:26 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Total G

You wouldn't be familiar with the total G would you? Everything seems to be working correctly, only thing that concerns me is the collective direction will not show up when in the programming mode. All controls are correct, gyro direction is proper, Gains change when appropriate switches are selected, seems to be correct in all ways except the collective display does not show "positive and negative" Any idea's?
Old 12-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You wouldn't be familiar with the total G would you? Everything seems to be working correctly, only thing that concerns me is the collective direction will not show up when in the programming mode. All controls are correct, gyro direction is proper, Gains change when appropriate switches are selected, seems to be correct in all ways except the collective display does not show "positive and negative" Any idea's?
I am not familiar with the Total G. But put the blades on with the heli in throttle hold move the collective stick up the blades should move to positive pitch. Leading edge of the blades angled up.

Move the stick down blades should be in negative. Leading Edge of the blade pointing down.
Old 12-21-2015, 01:42 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also check that the tail is correct.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:21 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
TotalG is still a very good FBL unit, think you will like it. Make sure it spools up in decay mode or you can have some ugly things happen. On my Castles they needed about 27% on normal throttle curve to go into decay mode. Decay mode is like when you put the tail into rate mode. This was using governor, set rpm mode. Once in the air I would switch to IU1/IU2 and go have some fun.

I am familiar with the TotalG, it was all I was using until October. You need to start up the TotalG program and get all your parameters setup. As the last thing to do go to the top list and open Programming. Select GView. Now you are in GView push the "+" button to open the "+" menu. Use the scroll button until you come to "Flight Control" and hit the "E" button. Now scroll to about the 25th parameter, "SetPosColl". Move your collective stick to 100% positive and then push the"+" button on GView to set. Collective direction is now set and you can close out everything and power down the heli and transmitter if you are done.

Since you can't see collective direction from the first page of programming I am assuming you have the latest fc11_3c7 firmware update.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2015, 12:13 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for helping Paul. I wasn't much help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in