Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 10:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default GT5.2 D/R

OK - I could use some help, as it appears the dual rates which I have configured at 100%,85%, and 70% have not affect.

On the stick menu I have the Ail and Elev set to 100 both with 0 expo.

When I change the D/R on my transmitter I can see the values on the front of the screen change but there is no reaction on servos. Also the same for the tail.

I am using 2 DSMX remote receivers in the configuration.

This seems like it should be simple but I am stuck.

Thanks in Advance,
Jerry
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Whats changing in your tx when you hit the rates switch ? maybe only your gyro gain?In which case, wou will not see any change in the servos.
paul nathalie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gryo gains work fine - I have both gryos set up and linked to Flight Mode Switch - no problems there.

When going to the monitor in TX - Everything checks out fine. I have one 3 way switch controlling D/R on Aile, Elev, Rudder. You can see the change on the monitor screen as you change D/R switch positions.
You can also see the correspoinding numbers change on the main screen on the FBL unit, but there is no change in servo's.

The only other think I can think of is there is no reaction unless it's in flight mode with blades spinning (I don't understand and I am reaching). I will try taking off main and tail blades and spin it up and look for Dual Rate (D/R) changes. Or next time I take the 550 up I will try to detect changes in various positions. I only have 2 flight on it so far and those flights should have been on 70% D/R. Whatt me to check this is that the bird seemed like it was on 100% (very reactive) ........... My first 550

Appreciate your input and suggestions, hopefully someone else has run into this and will set me straight. Even though only 2 flights I am loving the Raptor E550 FBL, having a big heli is nice. After I got it maidened I started working on a couple birds I put in at IRCHA and when I had the 300x on the bench it seemed so small.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

You won't see any servo movement change while on the workbench. You can actually just input a tiny amount of stick input and the servos will go slowly to full travel. One common misunderstanding with these PID based stabilization systems is that the transmitter input controls the servos. It actually doesn't. No that's not a typo <G>. The transmitter input is simply telling the gyro that you want a specific rate of rotation ,.. say 30 degrees per second, 60 degrees per second with more stick movement, etc. The gyro then compares what it is experiencing (zero rotation if on the workbench) and moves the servos in the correct direction to achieve what you are commanding. If it doesn't sense that rate of rotation, it moves the servos more. Still doesn't detect that rate, it moves them more,.. untill it reaches what you have defined as maximum servo movement. So what your seeing is that you're commanding a roll rate, it doesn't see it so it keeps moving the servos trying to achieve that rate of motion. It eventually ends up at the extreme where you've told it is the maximum for movement. In the air you'll see a difference with your dual rates, as it will actually be able to achieve rotation of the helicopter and stop moving the servos when it reaches the rate you are commanding.
So, dual rates and endpoints in the transmitter have no effect on the servo movement you'll see on the bench, they're just telling the gyro what you want the heli to do. It then controls the servos and does it's best to achieve the rate that you're commanding.

Champaign Il
Helifreak user # 7001
gwright is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2014, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

gwright you ar Mr. TT / Raptor.

I really appreciate your response and with such detail, I fully understand after reading your reply.

Anyway now I feel much more comfortable.

I am breaking myself in to a new 550E, and loving it.

Thanks again for taking the time and helping, it's much appreciated.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in