Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Helicopter Safety

Helicopter Safety R/C Helicopter Safety

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

will make 3D is nothing more dangerous and with friends metres
good pilot this Pedro Matos
Luisx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisx View Post
will make 3D is nothing more dangerous and with friends metres
good pilot this Pedro Matos
Agreed, but you should not do 3D next to your head. Good pilot is one thing, safe pilot another.
If it ain't broke, fly it...
JEB123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I didn't really see a whole lot of wicked skillz there. There was some precise and slow flying, and some dangerous moves, but I didn't see anything that requires a ton of skill.
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

He have big balls, BIG and is it dangerous for the public? NO in this videos donīt see anything could hurt the public
On one video he flies a T-Rex 450 X, which is one of the first Align 450’s if I’m not mistaken, and if he already flies that way, imagine with the following models.
I’ve never seen anyone do 3D top head, but would like to I think Luisx didn’t wanted to say he will. But I’ve already seen a 3D pilot having a big crash very close to the public, so fast no one had the chance to react. That leave leaves me thinking what’s more dangerous.

Last edited by Afonso Henriques; 08-11-2009 at 10:36 AM..
Afonso Henriques is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine2501 View Post
I didn't really see a whole lot of wicked skillz there. There was some precise and slow flying, and some dangerous moves, but I didn't see anything that requires a ton of skill.
Exactly. I don't see the big deal. He's not doing anything I cant' do. Maybe that's why he has to try drawing attention to himself by taking unnecessary risks. ...and for my next trick, I will catch the heli by the tail boom with my teeth while eating a beef burrito with super picante hot sauce and anchovies...while blindfolded!
So?
Old 08-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Iīm starting to get hungrydonīt no why!!!! for me it isnīt easy
Old 08-13-2009, 02:33 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisx View Post
master Pedro Matos

YouTube - 3 Parte Indor CAS

0:43 sec doesn't look to flash to me.

I do like his fancy footwork though.
Makes it seem like he's doing piroetting circuits when in fact he is still tail in orientation in my book.

Akin to snake charming but the handler is in complete control due to the tx. Wouldn't like to see what would happen if the 450 actaully went wild!

Not a risk I'd take.

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2009, 03:09 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Um? All I want to know is, how much will Pedro charge to trim and dial in my fleet?????
My 450 pro and my 500 esp dont sit like that! My friends Helicommand doesn't sit like that either.

As for the danger factor? thank God, there is no law YET, keeping me from cutting my own hand off. Its my hand thanks.. and what I do with it is my business... especially on the weekends

VOTE FOR PEDRO
PittJitsu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you fly inside, it is a pretty simple matter to get the helicopter to be still like that, unless the room is too small.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If you fly inside, it is a pretty simple matter to get the helicopter to be still like that, unless the room is too small.
either rc helis are very popular with the world's gym teachers and school janitors, the YNCA supports RC helis, or I'm missing something.

It seems that lots of people have access to gyms that allow you to fly your floating lawn mowers in them. Not me, I have never been indoors flying except for my living room.

And I'm sorry, inside or not, I am constantly adjusting throttle to stay in a hover within a small area
Old 08-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

A lot of places like churches and city parks have indoor soccer fields and stuff around here, because of the wicked cold winters. When they aren't being used, a small contribution to the organization is usually all it takes to get them to turn on the lights for you.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
A lot of places like churches and city parks have indoor soccer fields and stuff around here, because of the wicked cold winters. When they aren't being used, a small contribution to the organization is usually all it takes to get them to turn on the lights for you.
I love Colorado, if they didnt have ban on security breed dogs, I would be packing my snowboard and heading in your direction
Old 09-01-2009, 04:56 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

He was to fly this weekend in a pavilion close to the zone where I live, it flies giving to a perfect confidence to all the people audiance, did not make the maneuvers most dangerous, heard to ask for and he refused, in the end he commented that the security for the audiance was not in the best ones. Still he made small tricks and little more.

Last edited by Afonso Henriques; 09-01-2009 at 05:56 AM..
Old 09-01-2009, 05:13 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Duplicated post...
Old 09-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittJitsu View Post
I love Colorado, if they didnt have ban on security breed dogs, I would be packing my snowboard and heading in your direction
The Pit Bull dog ban is only in some counties. It is kind of a stupid law... it's not the dog's fault if it's not properly trained.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:25 PM   #76 (permalink)

Having just come across this thread, it is pretty interesting to read the different responses.

Personally, I think the pilot in the video is not only a very skillful helicopter pilot, but obviously the set up on that machine is truly awesome. The guy looks to be totally in control throughout the video, and doesn't appear to be doing anything he has not totally prepared for. Also, it doesn't appear that any spectators or onlookers are being endangered in any way whatsoever. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for many of the 3D pilots (or 3D pilot wannabees) I have watched, either live or on video.

Nearly any and everything that could go wrong with this guys "stunt" could happen to any regular Joe Blow just hovering his heli, right side up in front of him. Ever see a blade grip fail in flight? The thought of that "missile" impacting a human body (any part of it), is not a pretty thought. But we all continue to fly. And stand in close proximity when others fly.

Also, it must be remembered that almost anything in life is inherently dangerous, if not handled properly. We all know of the catastrophic damage LiPo batteries can cause, but most of us still continue to use them everyday. Why? Because we believe that with the proper respect and handling of them, we are safe from harm.

This guy has obviously pushed his limits to a different level, both his flying and his setup, and just like the 3D pilots who are hailed as "guru's", a believe he deserves some kudos.

Personally, I wouldn't go out there and try this. But I also don't try a whole lot of other maneuvers I see other people doing out there.

Just my 2 cents!
aviator747 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 04:57 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Well that explains it. Clearly, the man's sticker fell off the box
Old 09-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Jasmine, you are a true genius. That proves a picture is worth 1K words!!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

A safe heli is a heli in a box with no lipos

Yes Pedro is a menace to all mankind but you know what? I never saw a crash from him

So if you guys are so full of security and safe operation how the hell do you fly your helis?? I can only imagine you guys with helmets and medieval armors while flying the helis with all sort of wires
tiagojanz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in