Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2016, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Shipping my first Jeti! Diablo w/ "Free R3 Rx"

Dilly-dallied for a good 6 months but finally just pulled the trigger on my first Jeti system. Woot!

I'm going to begin replacing my DSMX sats and install R3s on my heli fleet, how do I hook up the Rx to a Brain FBL? The same typical small sat cable?

On a large model will the single R3 Rx be sufficient or should I get additional sats, and if so which one do you suggest?

Can any of you guys please point me in the direction of a good beginners guide? I also bought the Mui 75A sensor and will solder than in... any good guides on how to wire and set this up intuitively.

Really appreciate your help, I'm nervous and have a feeling im going to be asking A LOT of questions. Looking forward to it!
slikwrik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2016, 01:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi and welcome!!! You will definitely love your new acquisition

Firstly get rid of the satellite concept. Jeti as well as others ie Futaba have full range receivers. What this means in practice is 1 receiver and that is it. One receiver replaces 2 satellites and does the job.

So now you know you will only have 1 rx per heli, so which one does it need to be? Well any Jeti rx will do as all of them receive the signal from the tx and all of them can output "all" of this on 1 single servo cable for example a R3 receiver will output 8 channels through 1 cable to your Brain. The Brain then "splits" it up and redirects it to your servos. Please note the Brain has a specific input where the signal wire must go and another where the power must go so I have attached a picture of mine as I split the R3 cable where it goes into the Brain. The R3 has the single servo cable coming out of Port 3 and then splits up to Brain as in the attached image. The BEC going into the R3 goes into Port 1 or 2 your choice as it provides power to the rx and internally all the ports are sharing their power bus.

DO NOT put power on your Brain input pins as this will cause the magic dragon to strike with its white smoke.

The other thing I can advise you on is a little DYI cable which helps with binding and testing. Please see my attached image for what I have done. And to use it the rx goes into one side and a 2s Lipo into the EC3. It will also serve to connect your USB program cable to the rx for updates. Great for testing servos on a loose rx as well. PLEASE note if you use a 2s Lipo you dont get caught when testing normal\low voltage servos. HV servos and your rx can handle the 8 volts coming from the lipo but a normal servo will not be so happy and could possibly burn out so use the right voltage.

I can guarantee you that most of what you will be asking in the beginning has been asked before so just search for it in this forum and if you cannot get it right post it and everyone will jump in

The MUI is great and I have one that I never installed as my heli it was destined for went face in a week before I received it. I have since then discovered there is something called a Unisense-e which is the same but A LOT more so check this forum for Unisense-e to blow your mind.

In the beginning just stick to basics though as it can be overwhelming with what is possible but I transitioned from a Spektrum DX6i and found it pretty "easy" although a little confusing at times with all the options.

Once you have your hands on the tx and have run through 1 heli setup it becomes easy and the possibilities open up.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MultiCable.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	670175   Click image for larger version

Name:	JetiRxConnection.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	670176  
Chippie13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 04:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, you only need the R3. Jeti have redundant connections built in to both the radio and receivers, so the whole concept of needing two satellites just goes away :-)

The Jeti manual is excellent, but rather large. If you're interested i wrote I guide to getting started. It's aimed at Jeti and Spartan Vortex, but if you ignore the Vortex bits it'll still help you get started creating a heli model on your radio:

My Spartan and Jeti getting started guide:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=733826
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2016, 12:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

With brain 2, jeti integration plus telemetry will require a Rex that can do both EXT & EX BUS. With brain1, you use UDI or PPM and R3 can handle telemetry. Dan
Old 09-13-2016, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

thanks guys! great advice, thank you for taking the time to for good detail.

Just arrived tonight so powering up and exploring the menus, getting familiar with it but have much to learn that's for sure!
slikwrik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in