Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well the 160 is performing flawless.

Readyheli and Mr Mel took care of my issue. I will be receiving a new kosmik 200 when the new shipment arrives.

Thank You Readyheli!
JLH_1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #22 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLH_1 View Post

Readyheli and Mr Mel took care of my issue. I will be receiving a new kosmik 200 when the new shipment arrives.

Thank You Readyheli!
Those guys did the same for me when I wanted to send my HeliJive back for the update, an I didn't even buy it from ReadyHeli.

Cost me to send it to them and they sent it to K and got it back, and didn't even charge me the return shipping from RH to me.

Great guys.

Whole thing took about 3 weeks from out my door to return.
WBFAir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:

Thank You Readyheli!
Can you let us know what was the issue with yours please and what they did.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

After I posted in here Bryan with readyheli pm'd me. I told the whole story and they(readyheli) decided to replace it for me. I have no Idea what was wrong with my 200hv. But my 160hv is working flawless in the same heli/setup.
JLH_1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
After I posted in here Bryan with readyheli pm'd me. I told the whole story and they(readyheli) decided to replace it for me. I have no Idea what was wrong with my 200hv. But my 160hv is working flawless in the same heli/setup.
Okay cool, the main thing is you got it sorted
Old 12-13-2012, 06:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I bought a Powerjive via a gimbal maker who got it from ReadyHeli. Both told me to send it to Kontronik.
It popped a cap after 30 flights, easy AP stuff. Happened on the bench in fact. They do "pop".
Its been about two and half months now. I emailed a few times to get one email back from Kontronik that said it hadn't arrived.
Sent a few more a few weeks ago and no reply. I've given up.
I can only assume my package was stolen. I've since purchased a Helijive 120hv.
If this one screws up I am done with Kontronik. There has got to be other escs that work "good enough".
You know if I lived in Germany where I could meet face to face I might buy another.

Its funny the only sunny representations of Kontroniks' customer service are the people making money selling them.
DL7uae, who are you? Do you work for Kontronik? Remember I called Kontronik "ethnocentric" and you said "thats a bit rich isn't it?". I actually still believe it. I was trying to use one word that said, "a bunch of German educated engineering types with their heads about 10cm up their...."
Old 12-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Out of curiosity, what did the EMS or similar tracking say about the transit of your ESC to Germany?

Tom does not work for Kontronik.

Ben Minor
Dr.Ben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhour View Post
Its funny the only sunny representations of Kontroniks' customer service are the people making money selling them.
DL7uae, who are you? Do you work for Kontronik? Remember I called Kontronik "ethnocentric" and you said "thats a bit rich isn't it?". I actually still believe it. I was trying to use one word that said, "a bunch of German educated engineering types with their heads about 10cm up their...."
DL7uae doesn't work for Kontronik, but they sure could use him. Have a look at this sub-forum and you'll see. Also go to the site in his sig: http://www.J-Log.net
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 02:07 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As Ben says, what does the tracking info say??

I would never send anything of any value without it being fully trackable and insured, this way you won't have a problem should it go missing.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamin_00 View Post
As Ben says, what does the tracking info say??

I would never send anything of any value without it being fully trackable and insured, this way you won't have a problem should it go missing.
You know when I read these posts I write, the next day, I always wish I had just left the computer alone. In other words my anger serves no useful purpose.

I thought I had spelled that out about the tracking. When, in a rush and broke I went to the USPS office here in America the friendly postal clerk told me they did not offer tracking OR insurance out of country. I thought that sounded kind of gay but I'd had thing sent to me from out of country and always got them. So I sent my useless 80hv with a whole 30-40 flights on it all the way back to Germany without tracking or insurance. I figure there must be so many broke ass people over there that theft is at an all time high.

And stupid me. Of course after the fact I learn all about shipping in the real world.
This may be "a bit rich" but why doesn't Kontronik, strictly as a customer service state that mailing need to be tracked and insured for the customers safety? Just for idiots like me.

I am looking into another kind of ESC, something good enough. Whats the use if the damn things pop caps and months go by for fixs. Customer service is erratic. They are good when they work but I'm not rich like many of you here.
Again, I'll regret having wrote this.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can understand your frustration but it is not expensive to ship items via courier. I ship items both small and large around the world with the company I work for and it is not expensive using couriers like DHL and FEDex etc but I guess, I may consider £30 not expensive to ship an A4 size box to the states from the uk but you might??

If it was only 30-40 flights old I will make the assumption its still in the warranty period therefore you could have sent it back to the retailer as the obligation lies with them. Companies like Kontronik and the company I work for provide support for ALL off our customers alike but I always tell our customers its in their best interest if they are not from within the same country as me and its in warranty still to deal direct with the retailer. If its out of this warranty period then at their responsibility it comes back to me here. Also if its second hand then there is no warranty so again it comes back here at their responsibility.

Yes Kontronik products fail just like others but it appears your frustration is directed at Kontronik when its not their fault imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenhour View Post
You know when I read these posts I write, the next day, I always wish I had just left the computer alone. In other words my anger serves no useful purpose.

I thought I had spelled that out about the tracking. When, in a rush and broke I went to the USPS office here in America the friendly postal clerk told me they did not offer tracking OR insurance out of country. I thought that sounded kind of gay but I'd had thing sent to me from out of country and always got them. So I sent my useless 80hv with a whole 30-40 flights on it all the way back to Germany without tracking or insurance. I figure there must be so many broke ass people over there that theft is at an all time high.

And stupid me. Of course after the fact I learn all about shipping in the real world.
This may be "a bit rich" but why doesn't Kontronik, strictly as a customer service state that mailing need to be tracked and insured for the customers safety?

I am looking into another kind of ESC, something good enough. Whats the use if the damn things pop caps and months go by for fixs. Customer service is erratic. They are good when they work but I'm not rich like many of you here.
Again, I'll regret having wrote this.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no tracking on overseas service for airmail or Priority Mail Global. EMS has always been offered. I cannot fathom why the postal cleark did not make this clear to you. Shipping would have been about $35-40 US, which is not peanuts but neither is a $500 controller. The reality is that Kontronik has no ability to rectify the situation if the shipper loses the package in transit.

Let us know which controller proves to be "good enough" amongst the other choices out there and gives you a great native governor, bomb proof BEC, and the ability to protect itself in adverse internal or external conditions rather than burning your model to the ground instead. The list of contenders is exceedingly short.

Ben Minor
Old 12-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Almost OT already.. Just seen it.

Quote:
DL7uae, who are you? Do you work for Kontronik?
NO.
And they do not "use" me. (They are too narrow-minded for that.)
And I even have no reason to be on good terms with them.

Maybe I am one of these
Quote:
"a bunch of German educated engineering types with their heads about 10cm up their...."
I'm worse, I'm a Doctor of Engineering.
But please to my account that I am already 57.

No. It's quite simple: I love fairness.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still say Kontronik is stupid for not hiring you, Tom.
NRPY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

... Now it's really OT, sorry.
With a data protocol for the KOSMIK I would have been satisfied..
So I have to just make it by other means..
Old 12-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet! I might get a Kosmik once you figure it out.
NRPY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have shipped multiple items to Kontronik Germany from the US via USPS. It costs about $14 to ship the package, and there is no tracking, but they always receive the item within about 3 or 4 weeks. However it is frightening to ship a ESC worth $500+ with no tracking.

I have heard that if you ship USPS Express International, they do offer tracking. Cost is around $50. The people at the Post Office usually do not know about this option.

FedEx or UPS shipping to Germany from the US for a small package seems to range from between $75 and $125 for a small package. I have not ever chosen this option. Too expensive.
Kontronik Drives
Justin Stuart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 11:20 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Justin,

I suppose it varies with PO. Here in Richmond the PO's are so market driven that they will try to have you use Express Mail to send a Christmas card to the other side of town! I have never even remotely observed any staff ignorance to the availability of EMS for overseas shipping.

Ben
Old 12-17-2012, 10:19 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Express mail to the other side of town. Funny.

My local PO just tries to sell me a book of stamps.
Kontronik Drives
Justin Stuart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is it possible to avoid capacitor blow on an esc when connecting battery?

I have just managed to blow a capacitor on a Jive 80+HV esc when I connected the 12S power pack, and it also happened on the bench
What did go wrong and can it be avoided?
I was very disapointed to read other people experienced the same. I did not know that this thing can happen the way it did. I have just sent my esc to Kontronik today.
Ahmet.

Last edited by helicek; 12-19-2012 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: added text
helicek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in