Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new Jeti products have some very innovative new ways of doing things. They have been around in Europe for a long time, but have just now sought out a global market with the new DC-16 and DS-16 radios. They have been making very high quality ESCs for a number of years. The Mezon line just being a new ESC for them with a focus on helicopters.

The integrated telemetry with their products is where there is no comparison to Futaba in regards to telemetry. It is a built in function of all of the new equipment. I'm not going to get into all of the details here, but it is drastically different, and you don't have to buy extra sensors for any of the practical stuff like RPM, MAH consumed, Voltage the things you really care about. Of course they have all of the other gps, vario meter, and other stuff too as extra pieces.

The price point on the DS-16 isn't really comparable to the 14SG it is nearly 3 times as much, but half as much as a 18MZ. The quality of construction on the DS-16 and the gimbals are utterly amazing. I knew I had to have one after getting to check it out at the Orlando Heli Blowout.

The menus let you do some really advanced things in a very simple easy to use layout. There are several functions available that Futaba does not have, and more are being developed. Just go watch the videos on it and you will quickly see how innovative it is.

Time will tell on reliability, but the servicing and customer support is top notch. I have yet to see a side by side latency comparison, but the communication system is state of the art and I doubt if there is any difference I would even notice.

I have never had any quality issue with any of my Futaba radios. I have owned several over the years both air and car. I think the price point is a little too different to really compare the 3, but in general areas like telemetry, menus, and gimbals the new Jeti is going to take the cake quickly.

Last edited by BustedRaptor77; 03-17-2013 at 07:39 PM.. Reason: typo
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beercules View Post

but more to the point did u get any pictures of that bad boy ???
I believe I did but all the pics are on my other computer. I'll try to remember to post it/them when I'm on the other PC.
R/C junkie for the past 25 years and counting...
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by theColonel View Post
* 7 point pitch and throttle curves
Some of these are pretty irrelevant these days, given the governors and FBL controllers we run.
I ended up ruling out the 14SGH because of the 5 point curves. Yea... some of us still prefer flybars and want more curves.
StatiC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa View Post
I ended up ruling out the 14SGH because of the 5 point curves. Yea... some of us still prefer flybars and want more curves.
LOL - You are living in the past – 20 year old helicopter technology with 20 year old radio technology – LOL.

I have not used curves for more than 10 years. I really don’t understand why not to go flybarless. There are no negatives and all positives??????????????????

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You don't use pitch curves? I would love to see how you get around that . I guess I must be behind the times if pitch curves are no longer needed. Please enlighten me with this new technology you speak of .
StatiC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pitch curves are all linear. Lower range for hovering and 100% for 3D. I really don’t think that hardly anyone uses anything other than a linear curve these days so you only need a 2 or 3 point curve. I just use 3 points on all my helicopters. I think that’s why the newer radios don’t have so many points.
RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in