Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Whiplash

MA Whiplash Miniature Aircraft Whiplash Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 03:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I'd like one but what about parts ???

Hello MA family. I really like the look of the Whiplash electric heli and would love one as my 700

helicopter but I'm thinking now that MA have closed down what do you guys do for parts if the

unfortunate happens. OK you crash and need a spindle shaft, main shaft, main gear and maybe

a few other parts, what do you guys do. Are there aftermarket parts available from Lynx or KDE

or someone ?? I understand there might still be stuff in stock at the moment but what about

6-12 months down the track, you need a main gear and you can't find one. Whats the go.

I'd love to hear from you guys regarding this delma I'm in, deciding if getting the electric version

Whiplash is a wise move or not.

Many thanks Wayne
NightHawke 250 4S
347mont is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You won't like this answer.... But honestly if you don't have one already I'd pass. Most common crash parts are out of stock already as a lot of us owners stockpiled. If you are thinking of the EX parts are extremely limited as few sold.

There are some guys looking at having tail gears for the gasser custom made. They would fit the nonEX electric. There are not many aftermarket options other than booms, supports, etc.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey thanks mate for your reply. Your right there, not

what I wanted to hear, it looks like such a great heli.

Such a shame there's none of the important parts being

made for the Whiplash EP by aftermarket companies.

Well I hope none of you guys get stuck for parts from

a crash or just wear n tear. I'd like to hear other peoples

opinions so lets hear them. Cheers guys
NightHawke 250 4S
Old 03-09-2014, 05:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh come on brothers, 54 veiws and only 1 response I can take it, I'm strong enough haha

The model I had my eye on was the Whiplash X-Cell. Any whispers about parts being available

or interchangable? I read on these boards that some chap just bought his modle a week before

MA made the sad announcement. I feel for you mate. I might look at the 7HV by Compass

when the time comes, this Whiplash was a cracking price thats the only reason I was going to

get a 700 so soon, TBH I havent maidened my new TT Titan X50e as I'm waiting on a RX pack and

Y harness for the batteries
NightHawke 250 4S
Old 03-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree with jharkin, if you don't have one, don't get one. The tail gears are sold out, so it's to late to stock up on. There is a sticky topic for after market support for the Whiplash you could keep an eye on. There is some parts some people have found that will work and some that will need machine work to make work.

Leon
Old 03-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Boomstrike, thanks. I'm really sad to see an established company wind up its business.

I'll keep my eye on the thread you mentionioned and I have a feeling anybody responding will

advise me to not bother.
NightHawke 250 4S
Old 03-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

It does not make sense to buy a model you can't get parts for. MA is up for sell, hopefully some one will buy the company. I have been flying their models since 1995 and have 6 of their helicopters. Leon
Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I could understand if you were looking for a gasser, but a electric forget it and move on. There are many very good 700 size electrics out there. Pick one that you will have parts support for.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheers men. If anyone is interested in a cheap kit RC711

has them at $499.
NightHawke 250 4S
Old 03-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've been flying MA for more than 15 years now. When they annouced they were going out of business, I stockpiled tons of parts for my Whiplash and Furioun 6. However, have I not had them before that, I would'nt have bought them in this situation. There is no point in buying a helicopter you can't get spare parts for.
Avi_Y is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah if you didn't stockpile parts the your pretty much sol. Didn't
plan on buying tons of spares but glad I did especially now as we watch the disappear completely from sources.
sargentfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went the other route and decided not to spend money on spare parts. My luck, it'll be the one part that I don't have that I'll need. I did get thru one crash, but my box is just about empty from it. I figured I could spend $800 on parts, though I'd still only end up with 1, 2 or 3 of an item, then I'd be done anyway, and all those other parts would be listed for sale here. When mine goes down again I'll switch the electronics to something current. It's a weird feeling flying it now. I loved that heli, it was the best one in my fleet, now it's a ticking bomb. I'm even considering selling the frame now and making the move so that I don't have the tension when flying it.
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a lot of parts... more than intented to as I was in panic mode. Im a beginner heli pilot, fly mild sport and have the 3sx safety net so I figured a good stash could last me years.

Any then what happens? On flight #35 it ate the tailbox gears in flight randomly on a straight line fast downind pass (maybe the OWB slipped and shocked it who knows) and I botched the auto attempt and put it down hard. Boom, TT, tail control rod braces, tail gears, tailshaft, mainshaft, headlinks all shot. I can afford maybe 3 more crashes like that till Im done... sooner than that if I break a grip or other part I dont have.... and even that will take some creative substitution if I blow the TT each time.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am thinking about selling my frame, so keep my name in case you need it. I don't want to sell it yet as this really was my favorite heli. I'm leaning towards a Logo 690 and confused on weather I should sell the frame now and convert the electronics, or fly it normally and wait till something happens. Theres always that tense feeling of flying it now. You don't know if the next flight is going to be fun or a funeral! I have the Demon on my Logo 800 and it took me a while to get used to it. I had a finger failure, and it caused a wreck by hitting the Throttle Hold instead of Rescue switch. I had set it up on the DX8 so the Rudder switch above the TH was the Rescue switch. I've since bought the DX9 and use the A switch on the opposite side of the radio from the throttle hold. I think I'm used to it now, but I'm not 100% confident it'll work in an instantaneous situation, or weather I'll be fast enough to hit the switch in time. It's a piece of cake if it's just an orientation situation though.
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
Old 05-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I never sold mine, and had a crash. The good news is that there are still parts available and I'm going to keep mine. I ended up investing in a box load of parts for about $300, which should cover a good bit of time. I still agree that if you don't own one, get something else. The Logo 690Sx that's coming out looks very cool.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in