Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pitch problems? Help

I have zero pitch at mid stick. My swash is level, servos are 90 degrees. My swash mix is elev +60 ail +60 pitch-39. I lowered it to give me positive ten. Because it was like 13. But I only have negative 6. ????? No matter what I do I can't have plus 10 minus ten. What am I doing wrong ? Help its a trex 500e FB

HK250SR,Blade 450 3D,Blade 450 X,DX6I, Phoenix V4,Nano CPX, ( Newborn baby Trex 500)
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

seem like you have meidfied pitch curve in your transmitter...
sure that your pith curve is flat 0-25-50-75-100 in normal mode when measuring?
another option to check could be the long of the link in the rotor head...
hopes this helps...
Lucasg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

hmmm..... thats weird ....

Flybarred or FBL?
what are you pitch curve settings.... -100, -50, 0, +50, +100 ?

are your washouts all 90 degrees?
Kiwi-heli-nut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 10:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur3 View Post
I have zero pitch at mid stick. My swash is level, servos are 90 degrees. My swash mix is elev +60 ail +60 pitch-39. I lowered it to give me positive ten. Because it was like 13. But I only have negative 6. ????? No matter what I do I can't have plus 10 minus ten. What am I doing wrong ? Help its a trex 500e FB

HK250SR,Blade 450 3D,Blade 450 X,DX6I, Phoenix V4,Nano CPX, ( Newborn baby Trex 500)
Put your swash mix pitch back to -60. See page 22 of your manual for pitch setup, as well as throttle curve setup. As I suggested in your other thread, use a pitch gauge and adjust your pitch curve for normal and idle up. I believe with a dx6i, you only have normal and one idle up to adjust. Your manual will show normal, and two idle up
setups.....
Velos 880/Sab Urukay, KSE, Carbon Speed/Mikado Uvular/RCA Blackshark/Chaos 500 Evo, 550, 600, 700/Trex 500, 600, 600 Pro, 700/Roban 470 Cobra, 700 Apache, Cobra, 429, Jayhawk, 800 Airwolf/TFM 800 Blue Thunder, Seahawk, Jayhawk/ DX8 DX18QQ
treotraveler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

are you trying to set it with throttle hold on? is your pitch curve linear?
sarmeneau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
Put your swash mix pitch back to -60. See page 22 of your manual for pitch setup, as well as throttle curve setup. As I suggested in your other thread, use a pitch gauge and adjust your pitch curve for normal and idle up. I believe with a dx6i, you only have normal and one idle up to adjust. Your manual will show normal, and two idle up
setups.....
I am using a pitch gauge that's how I know I have plus ten minus 5. I'm using idle up mode to set everything and yes it's a linear pitch curve. And yes I believe that everything is level( mixing arms ,swash)I read on the 450 forum that if one of my links is say shorter than another in the head even If its just a little it will cause me to have diff pitch readings.they said everything has to be perfect in order to get plus 10 minus ten. I'm gonna start over again tomorrow morning. I hovered her tonight and she purred like a kitten. But still I want plus ten minus 10 so I can start doing some light 3d. Above someone mentioned I should check pitch in normal mode. I've been in I/U mode checking pitches.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I am using a pitch gauge that's how I know I have plus ten minus 5. I'm using idle up mode to set everything and yes it's a linear pitch curve. And yes I believe that everything is level( mixing arms ,swash)I read on the 450 forum that if one of my links is say shorter than another in the head even If its just a little it will cause me to have diff pitch readings.they said everything has to be perfect in order to get plus 10 minus ten. I'm gonna start over again tomorrow morning. I hovered her tonight and she purred like a kitten. But still I want plus ten minus 10 so I can start doing some light 3d. Above someone mentioned I should check pitch in normal mode. I've been in I/U mode checking pitches.

OK, I think you're not understanding this. You don't setup your pitch using swash mix. You go into your TX Function List/Pitch Curve, and set your pitch curves for normal and idle up flight modes.....
Velos 880/Sab Urukay, KSE, Carbon Speed/Mikado Uvular/RCA Blackshark/Chaos 500 Evo, 550, 600, 700/Trex 500, 600, 600 Pro, 700/Roban 470 Cobra, 700 Apache, Cobra, 429, Jayhawk, 800 Airwolf/TFM 800 Blue Thunder, Seahawk, Jayhawk/ DX8 DX18QQ
Old 12-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My pitch curve is at 0-25-50-75-100 I have 0 degrees at mid stick. My swash is dead level I used a leveler and my servos are all 90 degrees. But at high stick I now have ten+ and -6 negative. Now I think I need to shorten all three of my servo to swash linkages. But I don't really have that much thread left on them. Or am I supposed to lengthen them? Is this right? Will that method equalize out my pitch range? Or is something still out of wack? Man this by far is the hardest part of the set up.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmeneau View Post
are you trying to set it with throttle hold on? is your pitch curve linear?
No I can't get to my motor wires to unplug them so I have set my throttle curves to zero straight across. So I've been setting up the head with TH off

Old 12-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it fly able at +10 -6

Old 12-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
My pitch curve is at 0-25-50-75-100 I have 0 degrees at mid stick. My swash is dead level I used a leveler and my servos are all 90 degrees. But at high stick I now have ten+ and -6 negative. Now I think I need to shorten all three of my servo to swash linkages. But I don't really have that much thread left on them. Or am I supposed to lengthen them? Is this right? Will that method equalize out my pitch range? Or is something still out of wack? Man this by far is the hardest part of the set up.

Yes, it's out of "wack" borked because you were trying to setup your pitch curve using swash mix. As you have discovered, using swash mix, limits servo travel in the other direction. I'm driving right now, I'll get back on this later
Old 12-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

you need to start again .... if you do not have enough travel +10 - -6 is only 16degrees .... you need 24 degrees so you need to start back at the beginning.

get your swash 1/2 way up your main shaft and that is where you start with 0..... work from there.
since you have a linear pitch curve ... now get into the swash and increase the pitch % untill you get your 22 - 24mm swash range... if you cannot get this range, either increase the endpoints or increase the throw points on your servo fulcrum levers.

I prefer to use the end points for getting your CCPM levelling at low and high stick positions nice and level.

good luck
Old 12-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, he's kinda right. The first thing I noticed is..
You lowered your swash mix "pitch" setting to get +10, but that only applies if your getting equal amounts of pitch in the first place, which is the linkage set up. You currently only have 16° of total tavel..( swash mix setting )
You need about 20-24° TOTAL amount of travel so you get +/- 10° minimum.
Like I said in the other thread...
this takes a bit to work out.
servos at 90°@ 50% collective IN A LINEAR PITCH CURVE. Check...
Adjust the links from the servos to the swash so that the swash is about center of the mainshaft.....check.
level lower mixings arms by linkage from swash to mixing arms.
Level upper mixing arms by linkage.
Get zero pitch at blades by short links.. al at 50% collective in a linear curve.
Check pitch with a guage.
If you have more pitch in one direction then the other, adjust the swashplate up or down to get more pitch in the one direction using the links from the servos.
YOU CANNOT TAKE A PITCH GUAGE READING HERE BECAUSE NOW THAT YOU MOVED THE SWASHPLATE, THE MIXING ARMS ARE OFF LEVEL. You MUST re-level all the arms again, and get zero pitch again at mid stick..THEN, see if its almost equal pitch. If not, do it again...move swash, relevel your arms, get zero pitch at 50% collective on a linear curve. Do this over and over until you get close to equal movement up and down.
The thing to remember here is....
Once you move the swashplate links from the servos to raise or lower it.. everything needs to be releveled and zero pitched. The minute you adjust the swash up or down by the links, everythings not level anymore.
Once you get close to equal amounts up and down..THEN you can adjust the pitch swash mix to get more or less TOTAL pitch..which in turn is what gives you +/-10°, +/- 12°...etc.

Start with your Pitch swash mix at -60.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok guys finally got it. I got plus 12 an negative 12. Thanks. I just had to lower my swash a little more. Now my swash mix is all 60's.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome ... knew you would sort it .... takes some getting your head around it sometimes.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

What really threw me was having +13. For some reason I thought it was supposed to be ten and it was way out of whack. What a satisfying Heli kit. I would advise building your own from scratch to anyone. I've learned so much with this build that I took for granted with my blade helis. Big diff between BNF and a kit. Lol can't wait for my next one. But for now I'm gonna enjoy what I have with my great little fleet. A HK250SR,4503D,450X,nano cpx, and my favorite my Rex 500. Thanks again everyone for the help it was greatly appreciated. happy holidays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in