Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Phoenix Flight Sim

Phoenix Flight Sim Phoenix Flight Sim

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2014, 08:15 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally I got it to work!!![emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marlosb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2014, 08:27 AM   #62 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlosb View Post
Finally I got it to work!!!...
What was the resolution? (so others with the same issue can benefit from your discovery)
Old 09-26-2014, 10:04 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seem I was having problems with the sim itself. All I did was reinstalled the sim and all was well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
marlosb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Newbie needing help. My only real heli exp is with the Blade MCX2 and I want to get the hang of CP so I thought I better get this setup put into my sim and DX6i. Not knowing how CP really works I don't know if this setup is working right.

I setup using the Trex 450 and the blades won't start spinning until the left stick is at about 80% and the heli just wants to go up from there which make hovering next to impossible. When the left stick falls below 80% the motor quits.

That is when the TH is on 0. When TH is flipped to 1 the head speed goes up and the heli goes out of sight with no throttle control.

I am thinking this is wrong so I am hoping this thread can set me straight and would also like to know if there is a thread in this forum on the fine art of flying CP.
cben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2015, 11:16 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am new to this sport and catching on slowly. I think too slowly. I have a new DX6 and the latest version of Phoenix. It works ok with default settings, but seems clunky to me. I am trying to set it up like OP suggests. Here is my dumb question. What does "set throttle curve of hold +10" mean? I can set a throttle curve with 5 or so points. I can set a flat throttle curve at +10, and I think I can set a throttle hold of +10 (maybe not), but I can't figure out a throttle curve of hold +10. I am sure is simple. What do I put in a DX6 to achieve this result? Thanks to all for your patience.

Mike
IcySwan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2015, 05:08 PM   #66 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcySwan1 View Post
I am new to this sport and catching on slowly. I think too slowly. I have a new DX6 and the latest version of Phoenix. It works ok with default settings, but seems clunky to me. I am trying to set it up like OP suggests. Here is my dumb question. What does "set throttle curve of hold +10" mean? I can set a throttle curve with 5 or so points. I can set a flat throttle curve at +10, and I think I can set a throttle hold of +10 (maybe not), but I can't figure out a throttle curve of hold +10. I am sure is simple. What do I put in a DX6 to achieve this result? Thanks to all for your patience.

Mike
+10 hold curve is ONLY for the DX6i. It's to cope with a firmware error in the DX6.

This is not required for any other type of transmitter.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Have a nice set up for a heli but....

Thanks to Mr AI finally have been able to put a nice profile together for the Protos 500 that is in the Phoenix V5. THANK YOU!.
But. now I am looking at using the DX6I with aircraft too and the throttle just is like an on and off switch, Prop is at ZERO but as soon a I move the stick up it shoots up to full speed 100% power. What do I need to change. The motor sits on Channel 1 as per the instructions..
Old 01-24-2015, 06:06 PM   #68 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryR View Post
Thanks to Mr AI finally have been able to put a nice profile together for the Protos 500 that is in the Phoenix V5. THANK YOU!.
But. now I am looking at using the DX6I with aircraft too and the throttle just is like an on and off switch, Prop is at ZERO but as soon a I move the stick up it shoots up to full speed 100% power. What do I need to change. The motor sits on Channel 1 as per the instructions..
For planes, make a new model in your DX6i. Planes do not need a throttle or pitch curve, but have landing gear and flaps.

The calibration is the same for planes and helis on the same TX, but the different models in you DX6i will help them both fly better.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:49 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the clarification about the DX6i firmware compensation. I am ready to trudge on now.

And honor to ANZAC forces for all they did.

Mike
Old 02-25-2015, 07:22 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Thanks for this post

Hi, I am using the version 5.0 of the phoenix simulator with DX6i and have been having a bear of a time trying to use any helicopter at all, until finding this forum post. I used to fly planes, quite well, and now have a couple of quads but have been toying with getting a regular heli, with much reservation given my sim experience. But then I found this thread!

Thank you to the original posters with the information on how to setup Phoenix. You'd think after spending a couple hundred dollars on the radio and sim that there might be some instructions on how to set this stuff up. In any case, this helped tremendously. Flying a heli is mostly like flying an RC plane as far as I can tell, at least with a gyro on. Without the gyro you just need to keep the tail in line.

One thing that wasn't 100% clear, although I think I understand, is the detailed model tuning settings. I didn't find anything in version 5 called this. I see model-edit-detailed and there are a bunch of settings I think I need to zero out if the transmitter has all of the settings embedded per your instructions. Just makes it kind of a pain having to do this for every copter you try. I'm trying to decide which one will be my first purchase so am playing with many. Right now I really like the way a blade 300x flies in the sim.

In any case, thanks again for taking the time to educate us!

Terri
Vt_flyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still learning. Had a new DX6 and was able to set it up with Phoenix 5 with help from this thread. I was flying it regularly following the program to progress to 3D flying in 6 months, and was finally getting decent at hovering (upright) inside the box. However the DX6 packed it in on Sunday and the nice lady voice told me it had to be returned to the factory. I did that and could not access any model info.

I bought another DX6 and tried programming it with the version 5 info from Archmage's 7.29.14 post. The problem is that the heli spins around and around and I have no rudder control. Channels and calibration show everything is working properly regarding rudder input, but the rudder does not respond to input in flight and the bird just spins.

Clearly I did something wrong, and I have not been able to solve the problem. Any suggestions as what may be causing this?

Thanks for any suggestions. I am ready to get back to practice since we will have snow on the ground here for another month.

Mike
Old 03-25-2015, 04:25 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Me for one have been struggling to find some decent flying models ( both in helicopters and in aircraft).
So here is what I did ... perhaps some of the steps will help you.
First I set one complete NEW profile in my DX6i ( and also my DX8i) for a HELICOPTER and a SEPARATE one for an AIRCAFT.
For the helicopter model. I made sure there were NO TRIMS of any kind set in the TX and that all the sticks moved -100 to + 100 so NO EXPO NOTHING!!. Also, checked to make sure it showed the 90 degree single servo mode and saved the TX setting. All the rest was done in the Phoenix software set up screens.
I used the SIMPLE setup with the largest heli model in the Phoenix ( they fly better and more stable with a larger rotor "disk" that shows very well when you fly. I ended up with the AVANT AURORA ( yes it is a nitro but it works great) .
You will need to reverse some of the servos IN THE PHOENIX SOFTWARE so they move the right way using the " YOUR CONTROLS" menu and assign them to the correct CHANNEL.
That ALL I did. It works well.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:51 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default need help, models dont show up on screen.

i recently upgraded my desktop from vista 7 to windows 8,1
when i installed my Phoenix V3 from dish , it did not work on windows 8 and gave me error. so i downloaded the update file from phoenix, (any version to 5)

now the software boots and turns on and i can calibrate my dx6
but when i go to file plane or heli, i see the field but not my heli or plane
i have tried everything, like re setup my controller and pressing space.
i dont see my plane at all, i do see the all model of rc when i go to pick my plane or heli and when i select them, they dont show up on field. lol
what could be the problem,
rishalkant is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2015, 06:16 AM   #74 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Just re-edited main post

Main post updated to v5 first, v4 below it.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:21 AM   #75 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishalkant View Post
i recently upgraded my desktop from vista 7 to windows 8,1
when i installed my Phoenix V3 from dish , it did not work on windows 8 and gave me error. so i downloaded the update file from phoenix, (any version to 5)

now the software boots and turns on and i can calibrate my dx6
but when i go to file plane or heli, i see the field but not my heli or plane
i have tried everything, like re setup my controller and pressing space.
i dont see my plane at all, i do see the all model of rc when i go to pick my plane or heli and when i select them, they dont show up on field. lol
what could be the problem,
May need post this as a separate thread as it sounds like an OS compatibility problem. Did you have enough hard drive space to install all the download fields and models?

Only suggestion is to select controller first, then field, then aircraft.

I find planes are best using a plane specific (ACRO) transmitter model (can still be the same Phoenix calibrated TX setup though).
Old 04-12-2015, 09:26 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
May need post this as a separate thread as it sounds like an OS compatibility problem. Did you have enough hard drive space to install all the download fields and models?

Only suggestion is to select controller first, then field, then aircraft.

I find planes are best using a plane specific (ACRO) transmitter model (can still be the same Phoenix calibrated TX setup though).

Hello
thanks for reply. yes i have enough hard drive space. last night i tried it on my laptop also and same issue.

it detects my controller but no planes or heli in the field,
its very frustrating

some people say to put the controller in ppm mode, i cant do that on my dx6
i should had bought the dx6i (would had been better and easier)

Would know how to turn that setting on or of on a dx6.
thanks
Old 04-12-2015, 06:14 PM   #77 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishalkant View Post
Hello
thanks for reply. yes i have enough hard drive space. last night i tried it on my laptop also and same issue.

it detects my controller but no planes or heli in the field,
its very frustrating

some people say to put the controller in ppm mode, i cant do that on my dx6
i should had bought the dx6i (would had been better and easier)

Would know how to turn that setting on or of on a dx6.
thanks
According to the DX6 manual, Wired trainer should be set to INHIBIT and Wireless Trainer set to INHIBIT. By default the Wired trainer is INHIBIT.

If the Wired trainer is set to SLAVE, it expects the master to be a Pilot Link style of master. (Which Phoenix is not).

With Wired trainer set to INHIBIT, the PPM signal should be sent through the 3.5mm audio trainer jack at the back of the transmitter.

To activate, first set the Wired trainer to INHIBIT, then turn the DX6 OFF. Yes OFF. Then plug in the Phoenix cable into the back of the DX6 and it should turn on and start sending PPM signals to Phoenix.

You may have to go through a full calibration, but at least now you should be able to get it to work.

Note: Trainer on DX6 (or DX6i) will not work as a slave (or with Phoenix) if the TX is turned on when a cable is plugged into the trainer port.
Old 04-12-2015, 10:20 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
According to the DX6 manual, Wired trainer should be set to INHIBIT and Wireless Trainer set to INHIBIT. By default the Wired trainer is INHIBIT.

If the Wired trainer is set to SLAVE, it expects the master to be a Pilot Link style of master. (Which Phoenix is not).

With Wired trainer set to INHIBIT, the PPM signal should be sent through the 3.5mm audio trainer jack at the back of the transmitter.

To activate, first set the Wired trainer to INHIBIT, then turn the DX6 OFF. Yes OFF. Then plug in the Phoenix cable into the back of the DX6 and it should turn on and start sending PPM signals to Phoenix.

You may have to go through a full calibration, but at least now you should be able to get it to work.

Note: Trainer on DX6 (or DX6i) will not work as a slave (or with Phoenix) if the TX is turned on when a cable is plugged into the trainer port.
Thanks for Replying.
Yes both wired and wireless trainer have been set on INHIBIT
and yes my dx6 is off when i plug the cable, and it turns on when cable is plugged.
My software detects the receiver. but no plane or heli.
its still the same situation.

anything else we can try.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
..i am using version 5.0. you said" In Phoenix, go into Model tuning (detailed)
In options: De-select use preset throttle curve'

I cannot find "options" that allows me tode-select the preset throttle curve. Where is it exactly?
skiprima is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2015, 04:57 PM   #80 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiprima View Post
Quote:
..i am using version 5.0. you said" In Phoenix, go into Model tuning (detailed)
In options: De-select use preset throttle curve'

I cannot find "options" that allows me tode-select the preset throttle curve. Where is it exactly?
I have never use pre-set curves in v5.

v5 tends to use governors to set throttle speeds (either a single speed or 3 speeds).

Quote:
--- v5 setup guide ---

... (no mention of preset curves) ...

--- Original v4 setup guide ---
In Phoenix, go into Model tuning (detailed)
  • In options: De-select use preset throttle curve
  • In Control Expo: Set all expo to 0
  • In Rotor Governor: Set to Disable
If you wanted a custom throttle curve in the sim instead of in the transmitter you would need to put it in "System" > "Your Controls" > "Edit Profile". But this would affect planes and all helis and interact with the governor. In short do not do it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in